Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowlands Bar is closing

• 18-04-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

The lease is up at the end of the month and then its gone.
    Theres live music every night this weekend.
    There'll probably be some sort of send off night on the last weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Another pub in town is gone. Its only a few years since the town was full of lively pubs, especially the during the summer! That must be 10 pubs (if not more) gone in the last number of years. That leaves only four pubs on main street now!

CJs (used to be the Cabin)
    Kingsbridge/Baja Browns/Maximos
    Hennelys
    Humbert
    The Cellar (used to be seperate from Bungalow)
    McGoldricks
    Rowlands
    Flanellys
    Stalkys (followed by Shanie Connors)
    The Sunflwer/The Bourbon
    Castle Bistro (Well thats a good few years!)
    Cant remember the name of the place, but used to be on Spencer Street

Thats 12 off the top of my head, at this rate there'll be no pubs left in a few years!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Hennelys
    Humbert
    McGoldricks
    Rowlands
    Flanellys
    The Sunflwer/The Bourbon
    Cant remember the name of the place, but used to be on Spencer Street

Thats 12 off the top of my head, at this rate there'll be no pubs left in a few years!!!!

are all these closed?

dodgyme wrote: »
    are all these closed?

Unfortunately yes. CJs closed, im not sure if its re-opening, hennelys is now Easons, the Humbert is opening as an opticians afaik. Some of them lie dorment such as McGoldricks and the Bourbon, Kingsbridge has signs outside that some work is gonna be done there, but its also has been left idle for about 3 years and others like stalkys and flannellys were leveled for new developments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Rowlands was a bit of a rats nest no matter what the shine was like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I was there on Friday and Saturday and had a ball. Was nice to be there for the send-off - twas the only pub I used to go to when I'd visit Castlebar. I even got some photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The rumor is CJ's is gonna be merged with T Flynns into a super pub.
    I went into the Humbert the day it opened as Irwins and asked for a pint, I don't drink but I still wanted to make a point that the place should be a pub.

Hennelys
    Humbert
    McGoldricks
    Rowlands
    Flanellys
    The Sunflwer/The Bourbon

Good riddence.. apart from The Humbert of course.
    But the rest.. were aload of balls.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I dunno Ava - some of them had their moments. Flanellys Beer Garden was a great spot for the week of summer we'd have and there'd been some memorable gigs in the Kingsbridge and The Cabin way back in the day.

Most of all I miss Shortts (!!) cause of the metal gigs we used to have there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Was it Murph running it to the end ? Shame it is gone, was the only place I used to go to when I went home.

And yes, the beer garden in flanellys was superb, used to play a bit of footy out there too sometimes too:)

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    I dunno Ava - some of them had their moments. Flanellys Beer Garden was a great spot for the week of summer we'd have and there'd been some memorable gigs in the Kingsbridge and The Cabin way back in the day.

Most of all I miss Shortts (!!) cause of the metal gigs we used to have there.

Flanellys beer garden was absolutely brilliant on a nice day. It was never over crowded but just the right crowd and atmosphere. Many a Super Sunday Session during summers gone by started there around lunchtime!

As much as people said they werent too fond of Hennellys (of which I was one most of the time), it was great and more often than not was a great spot to go (Cheap Fat Frogs after a load of pints! :D). Was a bit rough the odd time in there though!

Advertisement