Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance - Induction kit

Options
  • 18-04-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

hey,

I'm 23, 2 years NCB, 3 years full licence. if i were to put an induction kit onto my car what effect would that have on my insurance. Roughly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

Well it will have next to no effect on performance so I doubt it will cost much extra. Quinn now allow you to declare your modifications online (when getting a new quote).

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Im with quinn and if i go into the options to make an alteration on my policy, it goes up by around €50 for an induction kit (Policy is €1400). So it works out at an increase of around 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

if you ring them over the phone they rarely put it up much, depending on the type of car and induction kit you might actually lose power

Advertisement