Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath in NE??

Options
  • 18-04-2008 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Why is Meath in region north-east? It's middle east. antrim is northeast surely jaysus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

"middle east", eh? That explains some things for me.
    Perhaps you should take it up with your TD - ask that taxation, health services, petrol stations, etc. are all changed to "middle east".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think it followed the old Health Board regions, as in North Eastern HB which covered Louth, Meath, Cavan and Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Meath's in the north-east of the country. It's a useful geographic designation. Antrim's in the north-east of the island. What exactly is your point? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭1_in_1,000,000

europerson wrote: »
    Meath's in the north-east of the country. It's a useful geographic designation. Antrim's in the north-east of the island. What exactly is your point? :confused:

I like telling folk im from the middle east :D

anyway in georgraphy antrim is the north east. Its a political thing, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Back in the day when the Regional forums were set up, it was agreed that the old Health Board regions was quite adequate for boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 DeJaMo

Meath is in north east of the republic...

Antrim is in a different country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

North East of Leinster

Advertisement