Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messing in school

Options
  • 18-04-2008 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

whats is messing and fooling around like in your school??. like in mine for example, we've had teachers been hit in the face by apples and banannas. funny stuff
    usually comin near the end of the year most be people go mad. eggin teachers cars etc...only the ***** of teachers though:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

My economics class is madness :( there is only like 15 people in it.. half of which is ordinary lvl.. - all messers :( They have been disturbing the class for two years now nearly, shouting, laughing, even swearing.. All the teachers attention goes into explaining things to them over and over again :( argh.. its very annoying.. and me getting v. pissed off >:(

Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yuugib wrote: »
    My economics class is madness :( there is only like 15 people in it.. half of which is ordinary lvl.. - all messers :( They have been disturbing the class for two years now nearly, shouting, laughing, even swearing.. All the teachers attention goes into explaining things to them over and over again :( argh.. its very annoying.. and me getting v. pissed off >:(

Argh!
    This was like my 5th year Physics class,except well over half were ordinary level! Our teacher had no control - it was her first, and last, year teaching at our school

I have a vivid memory of a tap from one side of the room being turned on, and then the spout twisted so that the water sprayed across to the other side of the room.
    That was fun!:) Of course, the downside was that the 4 of us who ended up doing Higher Level had to do pretty much the whole course in 6th Yr.

Our geography class hid in the Prayer Room to avoid a double period once. Alas, we were found:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 an_upstart

my biology class is just full of retards who don't know their nose from their ass... its a mixed level class u see... one girl actually asked (seriously) if vegetables were plants. thats why i luv my chemistry class - 8 people(including teacher) and at our loudest u still hear a pen drop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My physics class is like that chemistry class.. there's 4 of us including the teacher and we just sit in complete silence most of the time... It's sort of bizarre. If anyone comes into the class to give an announcement they just stare at us like we've all two heads.

My art class is a bit bad... one of the girls spray painted her name onto the wall (there were some cans of spray paint around for some reason) while the teacher was in the room. That was a particularly bad incident though, most people love the art teacher so it doesn't tend to be a problem, unless we're donig art history, and the messers don't always show up for that class anyway.
    I'm doing all higher level (well art is a mixed class, only about 10 in the year doing the subject) so in general there's no messing. The ordinary level Irish class has terrible problems I hear, in honours we're all too busy trying to cram the rest of the course in to say anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

an_upstart wrote: »
    one girl actually asked (seriously) if vegetables were plants.

and what's wrong with that question? don't look down on people for asking questions just because they don't get things as fast as you. Vegetables are plants. The vegetables are modified stems or roots most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

and what's wrong with that question? don't look down on people for asking questions just because they don't get things as fast as you. Vegetables are plants. The vegetables are modified stems or roots most of the time.

Ooh! Some has been studyine! :p

My study class is pretty bad, but it doesn't mean anything so its not too bad, just really annoying, especially when theres homework to be done for the next class. Or honours maths class is a bit of a joke to be honest. It's top honours so you'd expect everyone to shut the hell up, but no, they all act cool because 1. The teacher is incapable of givinbg out to someone properly and 2. She has zero personality. We still get the work done, so it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Jay P wrote: »
    Ooh! Some has been studyine! :p

someone is a biology teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The Weasel

Legend!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

LOL! :D

And to the OP, what's wrong with messers? Messers are the best! There'd be no enjoyment in school if there weren't any messers! Seriously, biology of AAAAALL subjects (sorry teacher above) has to be the MOST BORING CLASS EVER!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Meiosis, mitosis, electrons, reproduction like whats it all about? :S

A productive day in school is a day of enjoyment, thats my moto! And who creates that enjoyment? MESSERS !!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

You are truly sad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Some day you will hopefully mature and realise that those messers are stupid twits.

Mess with the girls downtown and on nights out, not when people are trying to teach and students trying to achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Yuugib wrote: »
    You are truly sad...

HAHA! Thanks dude :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    HAHA! Thanks dude :cool:
    I kinda agree with you. Just think of the memories you will have when you leave the school of all the messers. But at the end of the day you are there to learn so youre best off not to mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 an_upstart

I think that messing is fine so long as you disturb nobody. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eoinalmighty

Ah messers - good in small doses but it would be good to tie them up now that this s.hit is goin down yo!

History class - Messers listen to ipods and do impressions of the principals strangely german accent even though she's from limerick!
    Physics - Messers don't pay attention and use droppers to squirt water down the jocks of the lads in front. Girls find it difficult to keep bra strap closed!
    Chemistry - Droppers again. And i decided to c what would happen if you used too much HCl in an experiment to test 4 carbonate ions! It fizzed up, the stopper came out and chemicals shot everywhere:D
    Irish - Treat the teacher like shes as thick as two short planks e.g. speak one syllable at a time Oh and ask her the Irish for random words you know she won't know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Most messing in my school is done at lunch.Although I disagree with messing during classes(no one is forcing you to come in,you want to have a laugh?stay at home!) but at lunch I don't see any big deal.As long as no one gets hurt/offended and there's no bullying..I think it is a good way of letting off some steam!Just students messing with students..all light hearted stuff! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

I left a school because every class was full of messers.
    A day wouldnt go by without a class being seriously interupted, and its really not fair. I know all the messers, don't give a crap, because they think they're mad and that your a nerd if you actaully want to learn in school (its a crazy consept I know) but, at the end of the day, i just take great pleasure from the fact that they wont get anywhere in life :)

There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun in school, or having a laugh with your teachers, most teachers infact have started treating us as adults, but thoes who havent grown up yet and realised that we go to school for a reason are just brain dead idiots who are going to fail their leaving cert anyway.

I know it may be a pretentious view, but thoes who mess aren't going to achieve anything near as great as thoes who actaully care about school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

shazpunk wrote: »
    I left a school because every class was full of messers.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun in school, or having a laugh with your teachers, most teachers infact have started treating us as adults, but thoes who havent grown up yet and realised that we go to school for a reason are just brain dead idiots who are going to fail their leaving cert anyway.

my cousins in Germany enjoy their school, but they don't have anything like the level of messing that goes on here because they realise they are working together with the teachers to achieve something. that's why they get treated as adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

in my school, there is nothing like the messing some say here, theres a banter, granted, a joke with teachers etc, but in general, theres no abuse to teachers, we respect each other and all goes well!! I always love when new teachers come to the school, they are expecting abuse all the time, one teacher said to me this year, "im not scared of 30 hurl carrying teenagers anymore, its normal"

Advertisement