Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Malahide to Glasnevin/Santry

Options
  • 18-04-2008 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hello. I have 2 interviews coming up next week for jobs in Glasnevin and Santry. If I get either of them what is the commute like to both places driving in rush hour traffic from Malahide? Roughly how long would it take could anyone recommend to me? New to the area. Thanks very much for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Hello. I have 2 interviews coming up next week for jobs in Glasnevin and Santry. If I get either of them what is the commute like to both places driving in rush hour traffic from Malahide? Roughly how long would it take could anyone recommend to me? New to the area. Thanks very much for any info.

OK, i live here in Santry but i can tell you the best thing is for you to stay off the M1, any accident or tunnel closure grinds it to a halt. I would try to get to Coolock and get to the Oscar Traynor rd and enter Santry via Coolock Lane. Depending on where you work in santry you will have to go through the tricky lights at the autoglass, but you'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 popinfresh101

ok for both off them the best way to go is head up towards swords then down the dublin road that will bring you to santry and if you get the one in Glasnevin go the same way but turn off at the big hotel think its the crown plaza tht will bring you out on to the ballymun road then straight down to griffith ave and that will bring you in to Glasnevin

ok for both off them the best way to go is head up towards swords then down the dublin road that will bring you to santry and if you get the one in Glasnevin go the same way but turn off at the big hotel think its the crown plaza tht will bring you out on to the ballymun road then straight down to griffith ave and that will bring you in to Glasnevin

I think you are spot on if you want to get to Glasnevin, but the old airport road is a bit choked heading south everyday, those lights are dardistown never seem to move. For santry stick with my suggestion unless you are working anywhere north of the M50 overpass (near Kart City and Mercedes garage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

Appreciate the help, thanks....don't suppose you know roughly how long it would take in rush hour traffic to either places do you?

Appreciate the help, thanks....don't suppose you know roughly how long it would take in rush hour traffic to either places do you?

I don't know about where in malahide you are starting from but I'd guess at 25 mins for Santry and 35 mins for Glasnevin.

This says that Malahide to Santry via Coolock is 12.9 minutes, but this is an average low traffic estimate http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes/route.asp

This one is Malahide to Santry via Airport/Swords which comes out at 13.5 mins, again the estimate based on light traffic
    http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes/route.asp

Actually I reverse my opinion earlier on Glanevin. It IS far quicker to go via coolock. At least 6 minutes in the difference if you use the calculator on AA roadwatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

The Oscar Traynor road is bad for traffic too though, maybe not as bad. I don't know the other road well enough.

Daisy. traffic is a problem everywhere, its all relative really but the OPTIMAL is going down the Coolock road, at least if this person is based in malahide they don't have towns back along the line contributing to the traffic jam as the same way as Swords does. I know this from personal experience, Airport and M1 are by far the worst roads coming from the north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

Thanks so much for the help, really appreciate it :)

Advertisement