Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oak floorboards

Options
  • 18-04-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Hi, any help appreciated, I'm looking for unfinished oak floorboards for my nearly finished conservatory and its wrecking my head, None of my local flooring places(cork city) stock them, in fact they don't have unfinished boards of any kind. I've been told the only way to have them is either to buy reclaimed flooring or buy a bale of oak and have the boards made up at a joiners, surely there's a third way!!
    Any replies welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Hi, any help appreciated, I'm looking for unfinished oak floorboards for my nearly finished conservatory and its wrecking my head, None of my local flooring places(cork city) stock them, in fact they don't have unfinished boards of any kind. I've been told the only way to have them is either to buy reclaimed flooring or buy a bale of oak and have the boards made up at a joiners, surely there's a third way!!
    Any replies welcome.

keep your eye in the buy and sell.

Maybe the lads in DIY would be a beter help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thinkofaname!

Kilkenny Architectural Salvage had resawn, unfinished oak boards before Christmas. I think they have an ongoing supply. The guy who deals with it is called Robin. I think they were about €70 per square yard. It was very nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Advertisement