Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sixth Year Pranks...

• 18-04-2008 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Well seen as we're down to the last 6 weeks or so of school, I think its time to start thinking about sixth year pranks.. :D

Lets share some ideas here! What have you got planned? What have previous sixth years done?

I plan on completly filling my mates locker with shaving cream when everyones in class, give him a bit of a shock come lunchtime!! :p

Lasts years sixth years hid EVERY single clock in whole school!! They also filled a classroom with hay and manicans and plastic farm animals :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Well seen as we're down to the last 6 weeks or so of school, I think its time to start thinking about sixth year pranks.. :D

Lets share some ideas here! What have you got planned? What have previous sixth years done?

I plan on completly filling my mates locker with shaving cream when everyones in class, give him a bit of a shock come lunchtime!! :p

Lasts years sixth years hid EVERY single clock in whole school!! They also filled a classroom with hay and manicans and plastic farm animals :rolleyes:

What county are u from???.... Is your school kindergarten. If not you and the last leaving cert student are seriously immature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Brooke01 wrote: »
    What county are u from???.... Is your school kindergarten. If not you and the last leaving cert student are seriously immature

Can I insult your grammar too? Lighten up.

Couple of years ago a guy in 6th year let loose a hamster in the school library. The librarian freaked =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

there's a similar thread around here somewhere.
    Just don't make it malicious or damaging, at a mimimum. There's always some story of an eegit who takes it too far, gets expelled and can't sit their exams in their school, have to go off somewhere else to do it amongst strangers.

have fun by all means, just don't be idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

in my old school a bunch of 6th years took all the chalk erasers and hid them, filled some water feature with food coloring and soup. They then moved all the bike racks (some with bikes still on them) onto the roof of a single story pre-fabs
    it was hilarous! they made a map and clues for the school to find the erasers. How do ya pull these pranks off without getting caught? i'm currently 6th year and i want to cause some 'inconvenience' in my school :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

lolz it all sounds fun :)
    we had an idea of getting a very quite person that teachers dont really notices, to come in the normal cloths, go into the staff room and make some tea , lolz it ll be interesting to see how long can she last in there :D We currently have a lot of new student teachers in school, so thats why this idea might just work out :D

Also we were planing to rollerblade/skate around the school :D Its all fun.. but kilts are quite a big disadvantage:(

Ps. i totally agree with the person who said not to over do it.. two years ago some stupid student put the jam on the handels of teachers cars.. so since then the "mock up" day have been baned in our school :( .. aw.. we still hoping to some fun.. but its
    just not the same :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

I'm in 4th year now so not really planning but here's a sample of what pranks have been pulled by sixth years in my school since I've been there.

1st year (I think):
    My Eng teacher was their year head and we were in class just before 10 min break. A sixth year walks passed the window distracts the teacher and makes her open the window in her class to tell him off.
    During 10 min break numerous sixth years let off about 5 or 6 smoke bombs in the assembly hall. Distraction created.
    Some other sixth years run outside and throw 2/3 smoke bombs through the aforementioned year head's window. Distraction 2 created.
    Other 6th years wait outside exit with eggs and throw them at students exiting due to the fire alarm. Many junior students have eggs splattered all over their uniforms. Enough until lunch.
    6th years then steal a set of school keys, ring up a local radio station and threaten to lock evryone in the school. Teachers got wind of this and it never really transpired.
    It was a classic pranking day.

2nd Year:
    School teams' chaning room is painted fluorescent pink. Pretty dull.

3rd year (Last year I think):
    Raw fish are placed in all the school vents. Horrendous smell for a few days.

Other pranks before I enroled:
    Stealing all clocks.
    Stealing all chalk dusters.

Anyway, I'm sure can one can deduce the rich tradition and high level of tactics involved in my school's annual prank. Sometimes they even make you smile;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

Our 6th years always have a day where they do loads of pranks, alst year was one of the best
    they water bombed all the first years (well everyone does this every year lol!)

they put pink paint in all the soap dispensers- still hasn't quite come out!

They hid little alarm clocks up in the roof in the classrooms of their tutors and year head that kept going off throughout the day- It was really funny because in our Irish class we couldn't find the alarm in the roof and spent the class poking at the roof with a brush!

The best ever was a few years ago they put he school up for sale!! Someone had a connection in an estate agents and they out an add in one of the property papers and they got a big sign made and out it up on the main road outside the school- I can't remember the exactly what it said but it was like "Old 1970's fittings included, staff optional, half-fitted with PVs windows (half of our school had PVC windwos for 2 years! and the other half had old rotten wooden ones) and they out the schools phone number on it under "more info"
    All that morning the office kept getting calls abotut he school being up for sale.... It was very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The classic April Fool's day prank is to switch classrooms with another year, but it doesn't work, the teachers just swap rooms and teach in whatever room their class went to. So I had one this year which would eliminate that problem and cause complete, total, school wide chaos.

After lunch, everyone just goes to a random room. And I mean everyone in the school. So every room would have one or two people from every year (a few first years, few second years, etc all the way up).

The amount of unbelievable confusion that would cause is extreme. Not only would the teachers get completely messed up, there would undoubtedly be eventual confusion among the students as to which room they were actually supposed to be in.

A logistical nightmare, but would go down in legend if someone pulled it off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The 6th years in our school

-put a dead rat in our lunchroom
    -put up the numbers of girls in my year on dating sites
    -put a girl in my year in a wheelbarrow and covered her in catfood
    -put embarrassing pictures of girls in my year all over the school with "hilarious" captions

They get away with it too cos "they're under exam stress and may seem a bit giddy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hillview Hawk

Usually some lads buy stink bombs and fart spray and cause mayhem around the school.
    Sneaking into the teachers carpark and leaving all the air outta thier tyres is something we're planning to do in our school.
    the good old fashioned egging teachers cars will probably happen aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Steveo12345youg

Hi folks.My school in Cork is a newly built state funded and there is 72 camera's in the place outside and inside.

We are screwed for pranks

Any idea's?

they deserve a good pranking now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hillview Hawk

i like ur thinking:D
    one of the fellas in my year managed to get a dead taranchula and put it some girls locker. the scream could be heard from miles away. funny stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »

-put embarrassing pictures of girls in my year all over the school with "hilarious" captions

They get away with it too cos "they're under exam stress and may seem a bit giddy"

yeah ive heard your school is getting out of hand in that sense

(but i also heard your 5th years are not taking this all lying down)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sneaking into the teachers carpark and leaving all the air outta thier tyres is something we're planning to do in our school.
    And what about teachers who have to pick small children up after work? Is it so funny then?
    There are pranks and then there is being stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I heard that this prank was done in my school, tho it may have been rumour. They let three pigs loose in our school, and numbered them 1,2 and 4.

So when the school ppl tracked them down, they spent the rest of the day looking for the nonexistent number 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yuugib wrote: »
    lolz it all sounds fun :)
    we had an idea of getting a very quite person that teachers dont really notices, to come in the normal cloths, go into the staff room and make some tea , lolz it ll be interesting to see how long can she last in there :D We currently have a lot of new student teachers in school, so thats why this idea might just work out :D

sounds like the ring-leaders in the mischief making are not quite brave enough to carry out the pranks themselves and want to use a guinea-pig. It's also a bit short sighted to think that teachers don't recognise the staff they work with or wouldn't recognize a student entering the staffroom. Actually it's really stupid.

I don't understand how humiliating some poor girl by covering her in catfood is seen as funny. It's more like bullying. Or any of the other 'pranks' listed for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

sounds like the ring-leaders in the mischief making are not quite brave enough to carry out the pranks themselves and want to use a guinea-pig. It's also a bit short sighted to think that teachers don't recognise the staff they work with or wouldn't recognize a student entering the staffroom. Actually it's really stupid.

:D Lighten up Ms. :p
    Brooke01 wrote: »

Yes, I would say most sixth year pranks are immature. So what? After sixth year most of us go out into the 'real world' or into the workforce, maybe sixth year pranks is our last opportunity to be the immature schoolboys/girls. Get over it! Now get out of my topic and go read the Sunday Business Post.
    spurious wrote: »
    And what about teachers who have to pick small children up after work? Is it so funny then?

Yes, in fact that makes it even funnier :D We live in a high tech society, Im sure a teacher could use one of those portable pocket phones to arrange someone else to pick up kids/ inform the cresh they will be late. Its not the end of the world for crying out loud!

Obvousily, some people can go overboard (ie indangering someones life/GBH/serious damage to property etc) but otherwise I genuinly dont see any problem with a little bit of fun towards the end of the year. 99% of the teachers in my school take it in good heart.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, in fact that makes it even funnier :D We live in a high tech society, Im sure a teacher could use one of those portable pocket phones to arrange someone else to pick up kids/ inform the cresh they will be late. Its not the end of the world for crying out loud!

I have to disagree on the picking up kids thing. It's not funny and it is certainly a nasty thing to do. Creches (rightly) do not let just anyone pick up kids and it is not always as simple as a phone call where a short period of time is involved.

A witty prank can be amusing in hindsight even for those bearing the brunt of it, it's just in the particular case of disabling people's cars, I don't see how it could be considered funny. The possible serious consequences far outweigh the amusement value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

So you guys are the future :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MnMs

a few years ago the sixth years brought some chickens or something into the school and then one died and they nearly got expelled!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

When is a prank ever mature????

In general the sound teachers don't get pranked and the ones that have messed up our leaving cert get the worst of it! I think its fairly fair.

I hate people who think their too mature for pranks........It's your last ever chance to be immature so make the most of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

near the end of skool,erm may 20th about? where all planning(the 6yrs) to buy a chicken each and bring them in,and let them run riot in the halls!its goin be unreal......also......how much is a chicken to buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ashbash

My mates once let loose 3 sheep and painted 1 2 and 4 on them and the school spent ages trying to find number 3!

:L genius!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

ashbash wrote: »
    My mates once let loose 3 sheep and painted 1 2 and 4 on them and the school spent ages trying to find number 3!

:L genius!

rofl!

<3 Kerry...........

/me runs

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

haha ok this thread is inspiring me! The best thing i ever heard was a neighbour school wrapping a teachers car completely in cling film. gold!

We've done the swap classrooms and hide chalk/erasers. yawn.

Fad wrote: »
    yeah ive heard your school is getting out of hand in that sense

(but i also heard your 5th years are not taking this all lying down)

Yeah apparently we're doing stuff back, but most of the ideas I've heard are pretty crap...then again all the ideas I've had have been "too far" :p

Yeah apparently we're doing stuff back, but most of the ideas I've heard are pretty crap...then again all the ideas I've had have been "too far" :p

in all seriousness i thought my school was bad (in terms of this) but then i hear of this

Don't be surprised if you see a 6th year from my school tied to a tree in your school, just giving a heads up :p

btw, I'll be having nothing to do with this!

Don't be surprised if you see a 6th year from my school tied to a tree in your school, just giving a heads up :p

btw, I'll be having nothing to do with this!

dont worry i have complete faith in all boards users (btw a guy in 5th had that done to him, outside MtAnvil sans pantalons)

anyway itd give some variation to my day so i approve

• Advertisement

Yeah it happened to a Marys guy in our school last year...again sans pantalons :p

Advertisement