Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sixth Year Pranks...

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

lads put cling film over the male teachers toilets and the boys toilets there yesterday.

The teachers were not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

rammed footballes down all toilets and flooded the toliets and corridors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Keano! wrote: »
    rammed footballes down all toilets and flooded the toliets and corridors

I'd kill all sixth years if that happened in my school :mad:

There won't be any/much pranks in my school this year. One of our teachers is in fairly critical condition in hospital and all the teachers and some students are really worried about her. The 6th years have been asked to tone down the pranks because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

On the radio today school in Tipperary all the 6th years were suspended yesterday :eek: Don't know why? Obviously a prank, but what got me is the school said they aren't allowed come into study and they aren't allowed step foot on grounds until June 9th.

Ridiculous, everyone was hardly involved :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭drusk

90% of the "pranks" listed in this thread are NOT pranks - they are acts of VANDALISM!! The principal and teachers will be slightly miffed if you f*ck something up, but ultimately, the caretaker will be responsible for restoring it. Flooding toilets, spray-painting things, hiding all the clocks - the principal and teachers are NOT the ones who will have to deal with any of this - it's the poor caretaker!!

Bottom line, guys - pranks should be funny, NOT vindictive. If you destroy or break or disfigure something, then you are an ass-hole, not a comedian. If you think the teachers, principal, caretaker, etc will see the funny side of it, then do it. If not, think of something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

kevin12345 wrote: »
    On the radio today school in Tipperary all the 6th years were suspended yesterday :eek: Don't know why? Obviously a prank, but what got me is the school said they aren't allowed come into study and they aren't allowed step foot on grounds until June 9th.

Any idea what they did?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Any idea what they did?

haven't a clue...will find out though and post it up :D

my 100th post :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

drusk wrote: »
    90% of the "pranks" listed in this thread are NOT pranks - they are acts of VANDALISM!! The principal and teachers will be slightly miffed if you f*ck something up, but ultimately, the caretaker will be responsible for restoring it. Flooding toilets, spray-painting things, hiding all the clocks - the principal and teachers are NOT the ones who will have to deal with any of this - it's the poor caretaker!!

Bottom line, guys - pranks should be funny, NOT vindictive. If you destroy or break or disfigure something, then you are an ass-hole, not a comedian. If you think the teachers, principal, caretaker, etc will see the funny side of it, then do it. If not, think of something else.

Pffffft, kill joy :/ just kidding you got a point.

Is no one else rick rolling the school? Re live an old classic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

kevin12345 wrote: »

I are famous?

This is my school.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/kfcwaueysnid/rss2/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

My school is ****e for pranks. I've had 2 good ideas though for my years prank. Problem is getting everyone to be part of it / find people with the bottle

1) My year has 6 classes so plan was to get each person to in the year to buy some random harmless animal from their local petshop, rats, mice, birds, hamsters, gerbals etc. Then each class takes a year corridor (each year has their own corridor in my school) and releases them. Would mean there'd be roughly 150-160 random small animals running around the school.

2) My school is surrounded by a spiked fence and a large drop between the fence and the school buildings (Georgian type architecture) so the plan is to lock all the gates into the school including the entrance to the teachers car park with thick chains and padlocks at the end of the day. Would mean roughly 850-900 people would be trapped inside the school for a hour or two without being able to leave.

Both are harmless and pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

RMD wrote: »
    Would mean roughly 850-900 people would be trapped inside the school for a hour or two without being able to leave.

Both are harmless and pretty funny.

What if there were a fire, serious emergency, serious accident, etc? Not to mention the ensuing crush at the gates?

What if there were a fire, serious emergency, serious accident, etc? Not to mention the ensuing crush at the gates?

What ifs are a pessimists look at life.

When was the last time there was large fire or a serious emergency in your school? Teachers / caretakers in my school would realise the gates are locked 10 minutes before people get off class and be able to stop a crush from occurring. If there was the extremely unlikely event of a mass evacuation, students would be no more than 50 yards away watching it to open the gates anyway.
    RAVE - We managed to get the security vids from the school and heres the best 6th year prank goin in all its glory: Part 1 - Setting it up
    Part 2 - RAVE

This gave me a great idea. My school theater is huge and has one of the best lights / sound systems in Irish schools. Students aren't allowed into it without permission but it's left unlocked and lights crew + sound crew managers are 6th years meaning we'd have access to both lights and sound. There's about 3 lads in my year properly into DJing who'd bring in their laptops to give it a shot. Could get a proper rave going if you get 10 dedicated people involved like that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Wasn't in the school when this supposedly happened but, one of the years - a few of the lads decided to streak through the school. Teachers got of wind of it though & locked the door of the changing room (like an outbuilding) where their clothes were so they were left outside in the nip xD
    Backfired on them, but, made it 100 times more funny! :D

This year things started out with the usual clocks going missing, fire alarm being set off etc One of the nights though, a few windows were smashed & graffiti sprayed on walls. Criminal damage..... culprits were eventually discovered and punishments handed out. Really not cool...

I think it's good when students do something that isn't harmful to other students or teachers, or even to the school. Even the teachers enjoy a bit of craic during the last few weeks, but, sometimes it just goes too far.
    Something that can be easily corrected but is witty & light-hearted are always the best pranks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

After the grad mass some setup tents on the front lawn of the school and slept the night there after the pub! There was school the next day! Harmless and great fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Just remember folks, Karma is a bitch and she will have her revenge!

I'm all up for pranks but wtf is with "uhuhu, uhuhu, we're going to unleash an animal in the school"

A good prank should be creative and original, not something you found on the first hit you got on google.

Personalise the prank for your intended victim and remember a prank stops being a prank when you're just being downright nasty to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Our school used to have a teacher that was the stamp of Gerry Adams, beard and all. Some 6th years got a Adams election poster and put it up the clock tower.

Typical stuff around Christmas, buying cheap Christmas trees from Dunnes and setting them up in the corridors.

After the grad mass some setup tents on the front lawn of the school and slept the night there after the pub! There was school the next day! Harmless and great fun :)

Those ones are usually the best as no one gets in trouble and everyone has a laugh about it. Last year all the smokers in 6th year had a cigar in the jacks before the grad as "goodbye smoke". There was about 40 of them crammed in there, realising he wouldn't get them all out and not really giving a ****, apparently the principal, deputy-vice and 5th year year head all went and joined them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You see, that's harmless, there's a small bit of rebellion and "we're all grown up and out of here" about it, a bit of silliness and fun, and most good teachers can see that and won't really have any problem with it, hence the reaction of the principal, VP, etc.

Camping out on the lawn is pretty harmless too, as is an impromptu rave in the gym / lunchroom, or alarm clocks hidden and set to go off during class, or hell, even streaking, though the latter may be prone to get some older female teachers a little over-excited! >_>

I don't see what's clever about releasing small animals into a school though; apart from health and safety issues in the school, what about the animals themselves?

Similarly with damaging classrooms or buildings and equipment ... it's just the students who will still be there next year who will suffer.

Advertisement