Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What a waste!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

You could buy a 206 with that kind of money:pac:

Sweet car, not too fond of the M6 wheels on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I for one am delighted that there are people out there with the disposable income to buy this sort of car and take the massive deprecation hit incurred over the first few years; it allows me to consider buying such cars at four or five years old at only twice the price of an ordinary car. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

i want, i want, i want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I must say I am also one that does not like the M6 wheels on it.

Its becoming quite a frequent thing now, including 3 series with M6 wheels :eek: Looks horrid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Not gone on the wheels either, think the standard M5 wheels look better. Anyway, its not a waste for the guy who bought it, he probably really enjoyed the miles he did in it! Plus, its a bonus for people that will buy such cars in 10 years time, when they will be just as fast, only 25% of the price! Happy days for those not giving a **** about the reg plate and keeping up with the jones with their 316's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Indeed, normal M5 wheels are nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

astraboy wrote: »
    Anyway, its not a waste for the guy who bought it, he probably really enjoyed the miles he did in it!

My point is that he should have enjoyed a lot more miles in it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

just on a side note ...

That view of the engine bay is a biiiig disappointment.
    Just acres of plastic ...where's the engine?

I want to see that monster ...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

HungryJoey wrote: »

Its becoming quite a frequent thing now, including 3 series with M6 wheels :eek: Looks horrid!

Totally agree, makes an already "in your face" car look sorta scary!!
    Also, "A-Spec Imports", does that not confirm its an english car, if so, the depreciation aint quite so savage, it would be cheaper there anyway.Further more, they say"every possible upgrade". I didnt think the M6 wheels are an option on the M5?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Also, "A-Spec Imports", does that not confirm its an english car, if so, the depreciation aint quite so savage,

The reg plate number is not extremely high so i'd say if it was imported, it was imported new (or almost new!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭maidhc

TheBazman wrote: »
    My point is that he should have enjoyed a lot more miles in it

Perhaps he didn't have that choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The speedo is in km/h so it must be an originally Irish car.

Surely when you're spending that kind of money you'd want to be buying off a main BMW dealer?

The E60 M5 has one of the most disappointing engine sounds ever. I'd have the E39 in a heartbeat with a suitably sporty sounding engine(the E60 M5 sounds like a diesel at idle), guess I prefer V8's to V10's!

I would have thought they would be trying to sell it for more, it is increasing in price by over €11k in July to €151,155 plus higher road tax as well and that's before we get to extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

HungryJoey wrote: »

I think those wheels even look very pimp my ride on the M6! they add nothing to any car IMO. Surely nobody's going to buy a €110k M5 outside the dealer network anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

E92 wrote: »

The E60 M5 has one of the most disappointing engine sounds ever. I'd have the E39 in a heartbeat with a suitably sporty sounding engine(the E60 M5 sounds like a diesel at idle), guess I prefer V8's to V10's!
    QUOTE]

I have to agree with you when its at idle. We had one hired out for a day in the UK and it did sound a bit like a diesel when started. Once you were moving though it was a different story

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It may have accident damage or maybe the owner was able to buy it but couldn't afford to keep it - who knows?
    ROFL at the 206 comment!

Advertisement