Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ricky Gervais Show on XFM London.

• 18-04-2008 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

<glowing preamble>

<description of shows' hilarity>

<link to download recorded shows.. oh wait.

Here.

Don't bother with Series 0. You may or may not like the style of humour, but if you do get into it they're brilliant. Definitely better than the podcasts, as they are completely un-edited. Also offer great insight at times to how Radio DJing actually operates.. you'll never be able to listen to $Today FM again after listening to these, or any other radio station for that matter.

If you do like them, well, good. Lucky for you, there's plenty of them.

Eh, I wrote a bit too much there, considering it's unlikely anyone will reply to this thread. Ah well.

FAO Mods: Ricky et al. are aware of pilkipedia hosting the shows, and don't care. In fact, Ricky has stated that pilkipedia is one of his favourite sites. Therefore, link = kosher. I think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fordj

You can also listen to all the shows here

The Ricky Gervais Show XFM Vault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

These available for download as Mp3 anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

www.pilkipedia.com

I have over 90 hours of Karls "ramblings". Brilliant show. Karl is a fcuking idiot but brilliant. I can't get enough of it. I've listened to everything 4 times now and still laugh.

Any plans for more podcasts/return to radio? Anyone know what karl is up to?
    More Karls diary ftw. Anyone who thinks a seal is half fish half dog or thinks that "Harry the Housefly" is the only fly in his hous because he's always in the same corner of the room deserves some more airtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I will also vouch for this , I love that show, I have listened to about 35 hours of it since getting. I have also listened to all the Podcasts, Karl is a genius!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

thanks, been wanting some non torrent links to these.

if they're half as good as the podcasts i'll be happy.

are the podcasts coming back this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

thanks, been wanting some non torrent links to these.

if they're half as good as the podcasts i'll be happy.

They're better than the podcasts.

o_O

In.. the first post?
    Willstev wrote: »
    I will also vouch for this , I love that show, I have listened to about 35 hours of it since getting. I have also listened to all the Podcasts, Karl is a genius!!

Steve is the funniest of the three for sure, IMO.

Baza210 wrote: »
    They're better than the podcasts.

even series 1?

steve seems like he'd be the most capable of writing comedy by himself, he sorta lacks any definite personality though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

even series 1?

steve seems like he'd be the most capable of writing comedy by himself, he sorta lacks any definite personality though.

Yes, even Series 1. I have to warn you, when you listen to the Radio shows, and realise that they're charging you to hear anecdotes on the podcasts that they told for free on XFM several years ago, it kind of undermines the podcast a bit.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Yes, even Series 1. I have to warn you, when you listen to the Radio shows, and realise that they're charging you to hear anecdotes on the podcasts that they told for free on XFM several years ago, it kind of undermines the podcast a bit.

yeah... charging me.

aren't they charging to fund karl's life of nothingness?

Yeah the Xfm shows are better, a bit pissed i stumbled on them after the podcasts but anyway. I love when Karl has a go at Steve for being odd looking. Brilliant shows. There are no sign for upcoming podcasts but i think it will be a matter of time. What is Karl doing with his time these days. Probably looking up the internet and talking to insects still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

Bad news about future podcasts, Ricky said on his blog that Karl has said no to any more - He came back a few days later and said Karl will do one final show and details will be coming. These are such entertaining shows and it wont be terrible to see them go, The Steve Show (with Merchant) is pretty good to though.

All news is on pilkipedia.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Tricked wrote: »
    Bad news about future podcasts, Ricky said on his blog that Karl has said no to any more
    I wonder why.....
    Maybe the constant slagging.
    I actually agree with some of his stuff.
    His ideas on clones, for example. How would you know which one you were?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

WOOOOOOOP

Ricky Announced on his blog today that there will be 6 more podcasts in August and these will more than likely be the last ever

I can't wait for these as it will be the first time I'll be listening to them as they happen, it takes away a bit when listening to them talking about events in 2004 and stuff. They also did a test broadcast for NME which is available off itunes and the NME website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Tricked wrote: »
    WOOOOOOOP

Ricky Announced on his blog today that there will be 6 more podcasts in August and these will more than likely be the last ever

I can't wait for these as it will be the first time I'll be listening to them as they happen, it takes away a bit when listening to them talking about events in 2004 and stuff. They also did a test broadcast for NME which is available off itunes and the NME website
    Hell yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭StudentEmeritus

Oh thank you lord! Fantastic news!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭stepinnman

It will be interesting to see if they can come up with truly original stuff this time. As a previous poster said if you've listened to the XFM shows you'll pretty much have heard all the anecdotes from the Podcasts.

They definitley stand the test of time though - I used to listen to the XFM shows online when they were first broadcast and have since downloaded all of them and can still re-listen (?!) to them!

http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page is a great source for all the XFM stuff and even has a synopsis of each show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭StudentEmeritus

Anyone get it yet lads?

Annoyed it's a two hour block, I prefered the episodes!

Content excellent though! As per!

anyone have any problems downloading from itunes?

xfm series 1: possibly the funniest thing i've ever listened too, and there was about 35 hours of it!

xfm series 2: runs for something like 50 shows, they've realised how great karl is and are giving him too much control. he creates this awful game called RockBusters that ruins most episodes. they keep asking him to retell stories he said in series 1(of course this'd be a good thing on a weekly radio show, when you're listening to 4 week's worth a day it isn't). merchant has possibly improved though, holding it together.

xfm series 3: basically shorter version of series 2, karl's gotten really grumpy so it's improved a bit in some ways.

xfm series 4: getting a bit monotonous... merchant's basically the only good thing on it now

podcasts: really crappy, overloaded with recycling of older material(minus the element of surprise for ricky and steve).

if you listen to them in the opposite order i'd say it'd make all the later stuff sound a lot better.
    and merchant definitely is the talented one of the two... almost everything gervais says are bits from his standup, which isn't very good either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Jesus!!! I just entered this forum to post a question on where i can get the other xfm series .. i have all the podcasts and series 3 of the XFM show !!

cheers OP/all !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 quigleyguy

This site has got all the XFM shows from season 1-4

http://therickygervaisshow.com

Dont know how long this site can stay active... is it legal to have these radio shows online?

Advertisement