Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Opeth Porcelain Heart clip on youtube

• 18-04-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

I was on the official Opeth site and they have a few clips up of the video for Porcelain Heart. I dont know what to make of it. The band pictures look good but the characters in it I'm not mad about.

So I decided to look and see if the video was on youtube. Its not but I did find the song itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reVRR-bq_-U

What does everyone think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I think it's a grower.

However

The Lotus Eater has also surfaced, and it is pretty damn good. If the rest of the album is in the same vein I'm sure it will be their best album since Blackwater Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

The video for Porcelein Heart is out now

Awh man... I dont like the video. It gives a bad impression about them I think. If it had have just been the band in the room (maybe minus the slowed down bits) I would have enjoyed it. The whole characters part I dont really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dr.Poca fails at embed. ;)

Anyway, not a bad video. I like the song, it's definitely a grower as OctivarIan said, I wasn't too gone on it at first listen, but now I'm really looking forward to the album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Drumming from 'the axe' doesn't seem to be as majestic as martin lopez's which is a bit of a disappointment. I'm not sure I'm liking the song very much.

On a happier note, Still Life has finally been remastered!! The new release removes the sound issues found on the like of The Moor where it kind of dips in and out of channels in places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

For those of you who have pre-ordered, you can now //acquire// Watershed as of around 10 mins ago >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Dr.Poca fails at embed. ;)

Anyway, not a bad video. I like the song, it's definitely a grower as OctivarIan said, I wasn't too gone on it at first listen, but now I'm really looking forward to the album.

Bah, just slapped in the youtube link as I was heading out. Havent embedded any videos here before :rolleyes:

But yeah I like the song,Prefer it to The Lotus Eaters (well at the moment,it may grom on me more). I'm looknig forward to the album also. Should be interesting to hear it all.

I agree about Axe's drumming being quite different to Lopez's. I think the drums sound good on Porcelein Heart,wasnt as mad on them in The Lotus Easters though. I think the drums are louder on this album,no?

Advertisement