Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

9" flip down lcd v's insurance company

Options
  • 18-04-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

ok so i'm thinking of putting in a roof mounted 9" lcd. Its merely just to keep the younger ones happy in the back or passengers on long journeys. Will i have to declare this to the insurance company? is it likely to affect my policy? it's valued at 90euro
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No it should not effect your premium, but as with any modification with your car you should declare it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

jonny24ie wrote: »
    No it should not effect your premium, but as with any modification with your car you should declare it. ;)

yep as it may make the car more desirable to be broken into it should be declared but i doubt it'll increase your premium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I've been thinking about something like this recently.
    I was hoping that there were removable types that can be hung over the back of the front seats.

Will have to do some investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

thanks lads. i think i mite jus buy it!

just thought of something: i would have to also install a dvd player and find out if i can actually rig it to my car stereo. i know i have an AUX input but its on the face of the radio. i guess i could settle for a wire sitting out of the dash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

get a screen with intergrated DVD player and infa red headphones.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    get a screen with intergrated DVD player and infa red headphones.

hmm infa red earphones.... sounds interesting

something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/10-4-Roof-Mount-car-DVD-player-MP4-USB-SD-TV_W0QQitemZ370042363865QQihZ024QQcategoryZ67772QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ht104d03.JPG
    this transmits IR for headphones, and is in the UK so no import duty/VAT issues as could be the case when getting goods from China etc.

€177 plus postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

kleefarr wrote: »
    I've been thinking about something like this recently.
    I was hoping that there were removable types that can be hung over the back of the front seats.

Will have to do some investigating.

I have definitely seen those for sale, but can't remember where. You can just buy cases for portable DVD players, but they don't look too nice. Here's one on ebay

Argos do all that kind of stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement