Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb 6 meg???????

Options
  • 18-04-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

I have a subscription for 3meg metro.

last night a did a speed test
    261107647.png

holy hell. whats going on??? I should not have this. why have I been upgraded . don't want to call them just in case they made a mistake.

I was downloading a big torrent and still super fast browsing. tis great:pac: that how I noticed.

bet there is a catch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

make sure to keep an eye on http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

watty wrote: »
    make sure to keep an eye on http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie

yeah. I do. hovering around 25 gig nearly all the time. Tis a pain but a tenner will buy me 10 more if I tip over and get throttled

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Wow!!! Lucky you. Just as a compare and contrast, check out my stats. A 2 mb dsl with a cap attached. I am wondering does anyone know if there's any chance that Digiweb DSL lines will be doubled or will it just be a Metro thing.

All lines will be increased in June. Digiweb sent out an email about this.

2mb - 3
    3mb - 7.6
    4mb - 10
    5mb - 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

spartacus93: Thanks for letting me know. I never got that email and I can't get on the website since it went www2. Does anyone else have a problem using www2.digiweb.ie or is just down to a capped connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

All lines will be increased in June. Digiweb sent out an email about this.

2mb - 3
    3mb - 7.6
    4mb - 10
    5mb - 12

is this a temporary thing to get us to buy more band width .

I never ever got an email from digiweb. about anything. funny that. they seem to have my bank account number but lost my email address:)

@gsxr1 - No it's a permanent upgrade. Not just Digiweb, all DSL lines (eircom resellers). No information on new caps or anything yet. That's strange, i get emailed a statement from them every month and the odd notification to say i'm approaching my cap!!

@Third Eye - Site works fine for me!

probably you should still use www.digiweb.ie the www2 may be a temporary redirect while they upgrade the site.

If your connection is VERY slow you could try turning off image/picture loading (in IE its tools, Internet features, advanced, then scroll halfway to Multimedia) and switch on Image Placeholders (or Picture Placeholders).

I'll suggest they test site with dialup speed as obviously they would want it to work for the 450k people on Dialup that might want broadband. (Or indeed people on very slow Ripwave, Clearwire and Mobile connections with congestion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I have a subscription for 3meg metro.

last night a did a speed test
    261107647.png

holy hell. whats going on??? I should not have this. why have I been upgraded . don't want to call them just in case they made a mistake.

I was downloading a big torrent and still super fast browsing. tis great:pac: that how I noticed.

bet there is a catch

Lucky you :)

I'm on 3mb metro too, its actually being slower since upgrade. Never gone beyond 2mb yet.
    I was throttled(remember their stats reset fcukup?) a good few weeks ago but only 10gb traffic for about 3 weeks now and no 6mb in sight. Worked a dream before stats cockup.

261730688.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

watty wrote: »
    (Or indeed people on very slow Ripwave, Clearwire and Mobile connections with congestion).

Or, indeed, their own Metro customers getting 2nd hop ping *variances* of 100ms+!! How many weeks is it now since the upgrade (which I didn't qualify for, of course)? Since then my connections has been piss poor anyway (despite an engineer callout which was a complete waste of time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Those on the 1 mb are the forgotten by the looks of it.

Mike.

The theory is that people only pick 1M in first place if they want a basic cheap as possible always on Internet. They rarely go anywhere near their cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

gurramok wrote: »
    Lucky you :)

I'm on 3mb metro too, its actually being slower since upgrade. Never gone beyond 2mb yet.
    I was throttled(remember their stats reset fcukup?) a good few weeks ago but only 10gb traffic for about 3 weeks now and no 6mb in sight. Worked a dream before stats cockup.

261730688.png

chances are you have either gone over your cap limit and have speed temporarily reduced (until you come under your cap limit) or your local exchange (mast) has not been upgraded yet.

im now on 10MB/s here in carlow town woohoo its about time irish broadband started to catch up with the UK

Advertisement