Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vestax 275 rear RCA connections falling apart.

• 18-04-2008 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

RCA connections "falling apart" on back of Vestax PCV275. I have one of these mixers and the phono connections on the back are of sh**t quality, after using quality leads they are falling apart. Top two on left side and middle one on right. (I was lucky to salvage two).

Dose anyone else have the same problem with these or any Vestax mixer? Is there a service agent in Ireland?Can the gold phono connections and red / white inserts be bought separate? If so I would repair it myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

Bummer, I've had a fair bit of Vestax gear over the years and it's always been tough as nails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

you can buy the connectors for a few quid, maybe less than a tenner overall. I'd do the job myself, if you're any way happy with your soldering skills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

you can buy the connectors for a few quid, maybe less than a tenner overall. I'd do the job myself, if you're any way happy with your soldering skills?
    Not on the Vestax, they are all apart of one large pannel as seen in photo. If you can tell me where I could get the original Vestax gold coloured RCA press on connectors I would appreciate. Anything I tried from Maplin is rubbish and will not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Ah you're keen to get the original plates, is it? I'm no help with that. I was just saying you could run new connectors out. I get mine from farnell, generally, and sometimes radionics.
    http://ie.farnell.com/1193877/connectors/product.us0?sku=DELTRON-432-0100-1

farnell are better IMO.

As for vestax, maybe try aquarius in leixlip? Maybe they can't but its worth a shot.

Advertisement