Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wright Quits as BBC pundit

• 18-04-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Footballer turned TV pundit Ian Wright has said he no longer wishes to work at the BBC, claiming he was made "a comedy jester" by the corporation...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7353949.stm

Thank f*** for that the man is a knob. Most of the BBC Panel are still s**te though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

hes just going to UTV imo and creating some sort of "thing" between him to get fans to like him.

up there with jamie as worst pundit ever, him watching england is cringeworthy.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Thank f*** for that the man is a knob. Most of the BBC Panel are still s**te though.

not as bad as gary pallister though, what a twat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ian Wright claiming he was 'made a jester' by the BBC. Finally the guy came up with something that made me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

Lineker is the biggest tit calf of the lot of them. Is it legal to work for the BBC in this regard without ever having won a league title????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

and then he goes straight on jonathan ross tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Didn't even know he was still employed there.

If he;s annoyed at the BBC making him look like a 'jester', why the fvck's he going to ITV?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Erm... Thanks be to ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

"The former England and Arsenal striker said fans could not relate to the BBC's coverage or its presenters."

Thats the only sense i've ever heard him speak!!!:D

He was good comedy tho, he talked a lot of crap. Bye, bye Wrighty, off to Gladiators with you.:pac:

A few quotes;

'It took a lot of bottle for Tony (Adams) to own up' - (On Tony Addams alcoholism)

"You've got to take the rough with the smooth. It's like love and hate, war and peace, all that bollocks."

"The club has literally exploded."
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

What are you lot complaining for....im just glad my licence fee isnt paying the tubes wages anymore!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

whats the chances that he will be a pundit on itv once they start coverage of the england and FA cup games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Great footballer but he was a terrible pundit. I have hated him since the England v Portugal game at the World Cup. The man is a tool.

Ok he wasn't the best of pundits but he was one hell of a player who always gave 110% in whatever he did/does and someone who loves his country with a passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

never mind wrighty they are all sh!te on bbc....

"maaark, i just realised that we havent spoken about eeeengland in 5 minutes"

"pace, movement and desire"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Don't really care about Wright, want more Kammy though;

never mind wrighty they are all sh!te on bbc....

"maaark, i just realised that we havent spoken about eeeengland in 5 minutes"

"pace, movement and desire"

to be fair rte are just as bad with ireland.

But the bbc do drive me mad with the exception of Lee Dixon,Peacock and Keown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Ok he wasn't the best of pundits but he was one hell of a player who always gave 110% in whatever he did/does and someone who loves his country with a passion.

Judging by this and your sig, it seems you must enjoy sticking up for clowns.

In fairness to him, he rarely watered down his opinions unlike the rest of the bbc and sky panelists, although he very rarely had anything worthwhile to say or gave anything close to decent analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Considering he was a pro footballer for the best part of two decades it's amazing how little he seems to know about football. Makes me wonder how thick some of these footballers actually are?

• Advertisement

Judging by this and your sig, it seems you must enjoy sticking up for clowns.

In fairness to him, he rarely watered down his opinions unlike the rest of the bbc and sky panelists, although he very rarely had anything worthwhile to say or gave anything close to decent analysis.

Look beyond the media perception which I have no doubt people will on May 1st.

Back to Ian Wright, as I said he wasn't the best of pundits but he was one hell of a player, something you can't argue with

Pigman II wrote: »
    Considering he was a pro footballer for the best part of two decades it's amazing how little he seems to know about football. Makes me wonder how thick some of these footballers actually are?

He certainly wasn't thick on the field and was a great great goalscorer and player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

tbh he is the best of them. Fair enough, he is as annoyingly agreeable and friendly as the rest of them* on UK TV but he provides the odd joke/laugh.

*: Now, in real life this is something good. However, RTE have shown us that entertaining panelists must be dillusional, irrational, mentally unbalanced, argumentative and occasionally drunk.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    and someone who loves his country with a passion.

Estabancambias- Ill let you have this one :p

shane86 wrote: »
    Estabancambias- Ill let you have this one :p

Well he does and this boils over on tv which can be annoying, but ever since John Barnes was subject to abuse by his own supporters on the plane after that goal in Brazil, it always brings a smile to my face when someone like Ian Wright shows this passion for country cause I like to think that it is winding up idiots like those who abused Barnes that time.

Advertisement