Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying Semi-Solid Flooring

Options
  • 18-04-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    I've been looking for a site with decent step-by-step instructions for laying semi-solid wood flooring, but had no luck. Anyone know of any good sites?

I've laid laminate on a number of occasions and had no problems. (Although the last stuff I got was really bad - you had to click in a whole row at once and some the rows were over 20 ft long, but I digress.) I have a fair idea how to go about laying the semi-solid, but just wanted proper step-by-step instructions.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I've just spent the weekend laying a semi-solid floor in my sitting room and hall. Its a lot easier than I thought it would be, and if you've laid laminate floor before you'll have no problem. I too struggled to find any step-by-step guides on the internet, there are a few but they're basic enough, but tbh I didn't need too much info.
    The usual things apply, leave the wood for a week minimum in the room where it will be laid, leave expansion gaps all around the edge, lay out a row before starting to glue, beg/borrow proper power tools (circular saw and jigsaw were invaluable to me), get the missus to leave the house so she won't be nagging and asking are you not finished yet, etc...
    Good luck, its a great feeling of accomplishment when you're finished! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

B&Q are selling a DVD at the moment on how to lay Laminate, Semi solid and solid flooring. It has step by step instructions with hands hints and tips. Discusses everything from the type of insulation to scribing boards.Its about 2 hours long in total and only about €3.00. Good buy for someone starting off.

Advertisement