Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man shot dead in A1 pub tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

humberklog wrote: »
    It's neither tough nor cliquey. Local pub on a run of shops(chipper,bookies,etc.)..
    That's exactly the A1, couldn't describe it myself. The Goblet is similar, nice pleasant boozer with decent staff and customers.
    If someone of that ilk was getting shot around there I'd have thought it'd be the Roundabout pub. Not a bad pub but it does get a younger crowd. You wouldn't be 'scoring' drugs in the A1. Then that's probably why the guy was there if he knew his cards were marked.

That and I'm informned he was barred from the Blacker :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Collie D wrote: »
    Definitely...what's the Purple Rain? Sheaf changing it's name?

No, the Sheaf now has a "Niteclub" in its basement - Purple Rain *Shudder*

líreacán wrote: »
    No, the Sheaf now has a "Niteclub" in its basement - Purple Rain *Shudder*

Shudder indeed. Learn something new every day. Thought they were knocking it down and building apartments on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Collie D wrote: »
    That's exactly the A1, couldn't describe it myself. The Goblet is similar, nice pleasant boozer with decent staff and customers.

The A1 and the Goblet are the only two in the area I'd ever drink in. It was such a shock something like that could happen there. I feel sorry for the poor old regulars (usually middle aged couples, blokes etc) having to witness it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was livin in Bishopmede apt when the guy was shot in Farrell's about 2003ish,(heroin dealer over from england,name escapes me now. I went down for a goo...ooh,wasn't pretty site(but interesting). It's nothing like Farrells though. The tenters used to have a really good band on a Sunday evening there a few year back and I made the big mistake of winning the pub quiz in Macauley's on a wednesday evening...now that's a cliquey pub. I don't know what was worse...winning the quiz or sitting in someones seat. Those beafy wimmin weren't warmin to us anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Farrell's is the pub there opposite McCauleys? Well if it is, it's closed down since last year probably earlier than that.

The Sheaf used to be a very respectable pub in it's day when Guinness owned it. i think it was their last boozer to sell. It's a pity if it's gone down hill as the people around coolock village are a good sort. I find the Goblet good for the footy and really like the bar. It's v.old style. Good and smelly. The lounge reminds me too much of a Yeates pub in england. It's fine...just a lot of patterns. " 2beautiful tall chinese lounge girls to take your eye off it though!

Farrell's is the pub there opposite McCauleys? Well if it is, it's closed down since last year probably earlier than that.
    Yeah that's the one. It did have a fruit machine that paid out though. Always looking for the positives!

The Sheaf used to be a very respectable pub in it's day when Guinness owned it. i think it was their last boozer to sell. It's a pity if it's gone down hill as the people around coolock village are a good sort. I find the Goblet good for the footy and really like the bar. It's v.old style. Good and smelly. The lounge reminds me too much of a Yeates pub in england. It's fine...just a lot of patterns. " 2beautiful tall chinese lounge girls to take your eye off it though!

Yeah, I used to drink in the Sheaf before they sold it. Used to have a jukebox and get a decent young crowd in. Dog rough now though.

+1 for the lounge girls in the Goblet. Although I hate that big scary leather backed chair in the lounge. Reminds me of Mr. Burns' chair at Springfeild University :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I'd say the owner of the A1 is rather pished off about this. He is the owner of a horse who is running at Punchestown during the week :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's the closest pub to where I live... although I've probably only ever been into the A1 twice in about 30 years.

I do recall an incident involving someone getting their ear bitten off in there about 2 years back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

The man who owns the boozer only buried his wife last week. Double tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The A1 is a kip tbh. I would never drink in there, full of scum.

And to compare it to the Goblet, are you having a laugh or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Loy

Forget who said it "Why shoot someone in a crowded place like a Pub", thats exacly why, to scare people & show that they dont care about anything but themselfs.. & some other people will say yea but he was this & that (yea alegedly he was responsible for shooting some1 himself) but @ the end of the day he has family like everone else here and its only lucky that some inocent person wasnt killed in such a crowded place.. what ever happed to a good ol straightner

B.T.W. - if you think the A1 is a kip, you obviosuly were never in a real kip

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My grandparents (RIP) lived around the corner from the A1 in Hazelwood and my Dad grew up there so spent a lot of time hanging around those shops as a kid! Only been in the pub once and didn't look too dodgy. As was said, the Roundabout is well worse.

Like The Goblet myself. Nice clean boozer with a friendly enough atmosphere. My cousin had his 21st there and had dinner a few times. Nice spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The man who owns the boozer only buried his wife last week. .

Why did he bury his wife?.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Mairt wrote: »
    Why did he bury his wife?.

:confused:
    The usual reason... :confused:

Advertisement