Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dolmen Drive - Matthewstown

• 18-04-2008 10:26pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Im trying to get directions, using Google Maps, to Matthewstown Passage Grave? Its on the Dolmen Drive, just before Dunhill. Its not coming up on Google Maps for some reason.

Can anyone point me to its location on the map?

Thanks!

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=6333352

Click the third icon from the left for external links and you will see the location come up on mulitmap.com (be patient it takes few moments)

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thanks Mike, appreciated

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

For anybody familiar with the Dolmen Drive, can you tell me how accurate this map is? (Attached)

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Here's the one I use for all of my megalithic/neolithic needs http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/home/. Not sure on the map Sully. I'll probably out that way later and I'll bring my OS maps. The site I linked to below and the one above have differing readings for the exact location of Matthewstown. But they only differ by 10 meters so you wont be out by much either way.

Im gonna make my own way out now and see what the craic is. Sure, I might see ya there.

• Advertisement

Didnt get to go to all, but went to some. Seems some of the markings on my map are wrong so will have to fix that. Also, not all I take it are accessible?

Was only at one today...well actually I saw four but only got to one. And I left my OS map at home :) doh!

We got out to two, a Dolmen and Standing Stone. Ill finish the rest of today, I got called away to early yesterday. Travelling the route myself gives me the ability to get a proper map, with proper directions.

Okay got the map finalised. Went to most places and all in order it seems.

See attached - any comments/suggestions? Ill be going to print within the next day or two. Its going to be on the back of a the Tramore Holiday Map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Good stuff sully , but for people who dont know them roads or area , it might be an idea to put don't the road numbers on the large roads and on the borders of the map put the destinations on there ie Bunmahom / Kilmeadan , Dunmore East , Waterford City .

BTW - you left out one of Tramores best assets The Beach ( Unless yours showing an extremly high tide )

• Advertisement

Understanding you on road numbers but you have me lost on your other suggestion!

If your looking at the Holiday Map thats on the website, its very outdated. Im just proofing the new one before I upload it. :)

As in at the very edge of the map have Bunmahon 5Km, Waterford 12Km etc on the appropriate roads. That will give people a definite idea of where they are in terms of the wider area.

Cool map by the way :)

Okay ill look into it. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

There you go sully I just done a rough edit of it , just read Roens reply and his idea is even better adding in the distances

Ill be adding route numbers in descriptions, and will add towns to edge. The final approach of the map has yet to be decided, still working on it.

I see what you meant by the beach btw.

Comments? See attached.

Advertisement