Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Options
  • 18-04-2008 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I hope you're all watching this. One of the main characters, the coolest pilot too, is Irish, and they solve the troubles in the north by sending in GIANT ****ING ROBOTS causing the Real IRA to ceasefire.

This is probably one of the only anime ever where we've gotten a decent mention, let alone being a major plot point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

the second season won't be on for ages

that ira stuff only a mention lockon character is cool

anno rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You guys are too easily pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I quite enjoyed this. Not the greatest thing I've seen but entertaining enough for me.

Reminds me a lot of Gundam Wing particularly in some ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OoSKYLINEoO

That sounds mental

The whole IRA bit is only mentioned in the background on a news report. It has no bearing on the story and Ireland is never visited. Although one of the main characters is Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Was skeptical, always thought gundam looked a bit power rangers. Really liked it though, some strong characters, political side was interesting and concept is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

The IRA gets mentioned later on in the season again...its so weird hearing it in gundam of all shows lol

• Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wow... missed this completely.

to wikipedia! To the Pirate Bay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

and the 1000MS destoyed metal made me rofl :D not too keen about it but catching up now

Only seen the first 2 and Im watching the japanese subbed version. Which one is supposed to be Irish?

Pretty ****in A but I always liked Gundam anyway. that Blue unit (Estria or whatever) is wild fun.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Only seen the first 2 and Im watching the japanese subbed version. Which one is supposed to be Irish?

Pretty ****in A but I always liked Gundam anyway. that Blue unit (Estria or whatever) is wild fun.
    Lockon Stratos, the pilot of Gundamn Dynames, the sniper, is Irish.

And Gundamn Exia is awesome.

Lockon Stratos is only a code name

his real name is normal

the show has done alot of stuff i didn't think gundam would do more so than seed

better for it(great if shows would stop killing off people i like , god i hate lost now)

Well Seed sorta gored it up in places (firing superweapons) and sexed it up even so frankly I cant wait to be surprised at what youre referring to. I do like the step up in animation, 'course.

I was hoping when they finally did a Gundam AD it would focus on the here and now. Does nobody else think Japan is doing all sorts of shady dealings in their secret giant underground bunkers? :)

just to point out 00 stands for anno as in Anno Domini (AD)

poor berty telling all of the us congress the troubles were over in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

oh god i read the fake (an early setting) story setting of 00,so no 1000MS destroyed metal for a character:( finish the 25epi yesterday!

surprisingly 00 is kinda good!after all the disasters of Destiny brought to us...i actually like it more than SEED now(well referring to the good first half of seed,the other half is sh!te,while needless to say destiny,i didnt even finish it)!i smile when they killed off SOME characters:p this what we need for a 'real' gundam story since ages .while however gundam in 00 still belong to supergundam range...:pac:but much better than in seed,i can see lots of shadows of Wing in 00,not bad,but nice.oh a long time since i like the non-gundam mobile suit,FLAG!very cool design!:D

kinda looking forward for October:p but before that the first season ending discussion anyone?

The First Episode of Season 2 has been leaked into the ether.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Im debating whether to start watching season 2 as it airs, or to let it build up and gorge myself on it in its entirety like season 1.

Its gonna be hard to wait though after the fan-fupin-tastic end of S1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HumanAfterAll

I've watched Seed and Destiny this last two weeks... 100 chapters in around 12 days and I love it... xD I'd like Seed much more that Destiny, but is fine too.

Gundam 00 first seasson is good... but the first chapter of the second seasson... was a bit weak I think.

Now I'm going to start with Gundam Wing :P Another anime about mechas that is really good is "Eureka 7", do you know more animes about mechas that are interesting?

Cheers!

Mecha Animes of Interest:

Zone of the Enders: 2167 IDOLO and ZoE: Dolores, I
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    MS Gundam: The 08th MS Team
    Big O

"MS Gundam: The 08th MS Team" looks really good, that will be my next :D

Evangelion is good... but the finish... is a bit weird. Full Metal Panic is more my style.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Overheal wrote: »
    The First Episode of Season 2 has been leaked into the ether.

That is all.

It was really good.

First episode of the new season felt a little weak, but I think that was due to so much being introduced at once.

Also, battle damaged Exia looks badass.
    do you know more animes about mechas that are interesting?

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Forget about *everything* else. This is all you'll ever need.

^ Yarp, GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Forget about *everything* else. This is all you'll ever need.

I saw the first chapter of this anime and... I didn't like the big head gundam ... any way I'll give another chance to it if :)

the first episode of the 2nd season started last weekend and seem to be moving to a mor u.c with a bit of seed (2 superpowers with the heroes in the middle and a bit to one side) look great

up to the 4th available now. youd want it in high def to get the full experience.
    not sure how everyone will react to lockon's replacement... just having to mention it lets you know im a little irked by it.

It certainly isn't a copout, the character was introduced very early in the first season.

was he? huh.

New gundams all look good at least. Tiera's is a bit strange with that face deal though.

My 1/100 Exia just came in the post today, Dynames shouldn't be far behind. Shwing.

• Advertisement

****ing things are too expensive. Already have a 1/100 Sword-Strike

Advertisement