Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goalissimo on C4

• 19-04-2008 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Does anybody watch Goalissimo on C4 late on Friday nights? Why on earth is it on so late? It's a great show but I hate staying up so late to watch the damn thing. I would have thought they'd get a great audience for it if it was on on, say, Saturday evening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only if they got James Richardson back presenting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

they'd get a good audience yeah, but they'd get a bigger audience by showing some drivel with 'mass appeal'. hence no football on C4 at a reasonable hour. :(
    tis a shame, as they are actually quite good at making shows on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

They may not have Richardson but they have Nick Halling (of Sky Sports' NFL coverage fame) doing the narration. On the note of Richardson, man how I miss the day when C4 showed Serie A! I can't watch it now because it's on - what's it called again - Channel 5?

Reply from C4 after I emailed them about it yesterday:
    Channel 4 wrote:
    Dear Mr. Blighe,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding GOALISSIMO!

As you can imagine, the scheduling of our programmes is one of the most
    difficult tasks we undertake as our viewers all lead different lifestyles and, therefore, would wish to watch television at different times. We, therefore, do our best to assess a programme's content and judge from our experience the most suitable time for transmission. Decisions on programme schedules will vary according to several factors, which include adhering to Channel 4's remit, which stipulates that we must cater for tastes, interests and audiences not served by ITV (or other television channels.) Channel 4 aims to do this not only through content, but also providing an alternative schedule.

There are, of course, certain rules laid down for us by the Office Of Communications (OFCOM) within which we have to work. For example, we take a certain amount of responsibility for children viewing before 9.00pm and schedule programmes accordingly - after 9.00pm this responsibility is
    passed to parents/guardians.

We apologise if the scheduling of this particular programme is not convenient for your own viewing, but do hope you will understand how difficult this task really is.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and
    for your interest in our programming.

Regards,

Kara Waters
    Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

... ...seems very, automated...

Kevin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Kevster wrote: »

lol yeah, i was about to say that to ya but then saw u copped :p
    i wouldnt mind giving the program a gander but im out most friday nights. does james richardson feature much in it tho? i enjoy his articles and thoughts a lot

• Advertisement

No, he's not in it at all in fact! It's just Nick Halling and some other guy. There's no actual studio for the show - It's just narration. Richardson is still working on the Italian soccer for Channel 5 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Used to be a great show when it was on Saturday morning back in the 90's. Used to watch it every week.
    No, he's not in it at all in fact! It's just Nick Halling and some other guy. There's no actual studio for the show - It's just narration. Richardson is still working on the Italian soccer for Channel 5 I think.

Is that the Sky Sports' NFL guy? What is he doing on a soccer show?

Yeh, he's the guy on Sky's NFL show. He does a few different things when the NFL season isn't on. I believe that he also does the Speedway commentating.

Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Reply from C4 after I emailed them about it yesterday:

Kevin.

From having worked in a call centre/email queries office that is a generic copy and paste if ever I seen one :rolleyes:

FFS she could have at least mentioned the programme by name :) (apart from in the first line)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yes I also like this show and I agree it's in a terrible slot. I miss the days when it was on in the mornings. It's quite like Eurogoals which I used to watch a lot when Eurosport was on analog television. Nothing better than coming home from school on a half-day and checking out the goals from across Europe. Put Goalissimo on at 12:30 pm I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Sounds like an Italian youghurt.

I used to watch Eurogoals all the time too! - Those Eurosport commentators rock. Actually, Euronews (the TV channel) usually do a quick roundup of European soccer at about 20 and 50 minutes past the hour, every hour.

PS - That's a lot of 'Euros' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Brian017 wrote: »
    Used to be a great show when it was on Saturday morning back in the 90's. Used to watch it every week.

Is that the Sky Sports' NFL guy? What is he doing on a soccer show?

He also used to work with Channel 5 doing the Ice Hockey

Advertisement