Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Radiohead Album

Options
  • 19-04-2008 3:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

What's your favourite Radiohead album?

I'd say Radiohead's best stuff was The Bends.
    Proper Radiohead. :p

Best Radiohead Album? 90 votes

Pablo Honey
    0% 0 votes
    The Bends
    1% 1 vote
    OK Computer
    41% 37 votes
    Kid A
    34% 31 votes
    Amnesiac
    17% 16 votes
    Hail to the Thief
    2% 2 votes
    In Rainbows
    3% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Amnesiac is my favourite album ever.

Closely followed by In Rainbows, Ok Computer, Hail to the Thief and then Kid A.

Amnesiac is so ****ing sexy, it demands great headphones or a fantastic system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Im always divided between The Bends and Ok Computer...I think I'll go with Ok Computer because the songs are transcendent, e.g. all of them, and it was and still is very innovative. The Bends is the perfect album, every song is brilliant but Ok Computer imo has something more, like a new musical approach/atmosphere and the scope of it is widescreen.

Kid A would come next (it was kinda like a continuation of Ok Computer in that it was very electronica based and dark/cold)
    then HTTT (really liked this album, has a summer party feel to it for some reason!)
    Pablo Honey (decent debut, full of promise, with Creep indicating some phenomenal talent)
    Amnesiac (didn't particularly warm to this one although its an interesting complimentary album to Kid A, sometimes I think they should have gone with the double album route or just combined the best tracks off this with Kid A. Amnesiac though holds nostalgia value which is another reason I like it).
    In Rainbows (This album is quite good, but I'd put it last because imo it doesnt have the fire of the previous albums. Which is understandable given how long theyve been going).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

OK Computer is the king of all albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The Bends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

The Bends definitely.
    Their new electro style is not to my taste at all.
    Saw them at Punchestown in 2002 when they were just starting to make music like that.
    They'd play stuff from the first three albums and it would be great. Then they'd do one of their new ones and most of the crowd would just disengage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

pwd wrote: »
    The Bends definitely.
    Their new electro style is not to my taste at all.
    Saw them at Punchestown in 2002 when they were just starting to make music like that.
    They'd play stuff from the first three albums and it would be great. Then they'd do one of their new ones and most of the crowd would just disengage.

I agree, I gave In Rainbows a few listens and just found it all boring and forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Another vote for The Bends, though I'm surprised to see it doing so well.

The Bends sounds a lot more heartfelt than their later stuff, a lot of which sounds like they thought about the songs an too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Kid A definitely IMO.

They took a massive step forward with that album. I haven't really liked any of their stuff after it with any consistancy, though they have produced certain gems since. I think OK Computer is a brilliant album, and I think the Bends is good, but often feels a bit "straightforward" for a Radiohead album, and I prefer that they're experimenting now rather than churning out a load of guitar based records. Not much of a fan of Pablo Honey.

Haven't listened to In Rainbows yet.

As for their best song: Idioteque.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

OK Computer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭FredsWebHead

Sorry to say this, but none of ye are true Radiohead fans.
    "ALL THERE ALBUMS ARE BRILLANT"
    And I couldn't vote on the polls cause theres no option to vote for all of them.:(
    Butter.
    Fred.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Sorry to say this, but none of ye are true Radiohead fans.
    That's ok, I like being an open minded vagrant when it comes to my music taste, as opposed to a "true" fan of anything specific.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    That's ok, I like being an open minded vagrant when it comes to my music taste, as opposed to a "true" fan of anything specific.

Ahhh I'm only joking I'm just bitter that the poll didn't have my choice on there.
    Lemon crud.
    Fred.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I find Kid A to be quite amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Ok Computer followed very closely by the bends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

OK Computer for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I think "Hail To The Thief" is their best.
    Some brilliant stuff on there and is criminally underrated.
    The only track off it I don't like is "We Suck Young Blood", which is a bit dull.

The rest, in order:
    Kid A, OK Computer (has my favourite Radiohead song, "Climbing Up The Walls":D) , In Rainbows, The Bends, Amnesiac, Pablo Honey

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Dregon wrote: »
    Ok Computer followed very closely by the bends.
    Interestingly enough, that seems to be reflected in the poll too! Personally my favourite is Ok Computer. Their earlier releases were a lot rawer and their subsequent releases have been patchy at best.

I don't get how people don't think Amnesiac is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

It's almost impossible to choose.

Kid A, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭wordofmouth

Voted for kid a.
    I just don't like the bends as much as some of the others.. is there something wrong with me?
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

not a huge fan - I liked the Bends at the time, found OK Computer a bit dull and their subsequent albums patchy at best. Really like In_Rainbows though, so I've voted for that.

The Bends, although amazing, would be second last only to Pablo Honey imo. Radiohead are so much more than a traditional alt rock band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

^
    Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

OK Computer.

I can't figure why people would still rate The Bends as their best when there's been so much amazingly fresh groundbreaking stuff from them since. The Bends is great alright but it just seems so vanilla in comparison to so much of the stuff that came after it.

cornbb wrote: »
    OK Computer.

I can't figure why people would still rate The Bends as their best when there's been so much amazingly fresh groundbreaking stuff from them since. The Bends is great alright but it just seems so vanilla in comparison to so much of the stuff that came after it.
    With you on that one Cornbb. Has anyone even heard the second CD of In Rainbows?????:confused:
    Cats,
    Fred.

cornbb wrote: »
    Often the first album that someone hears from a band becomes their favourite. For example my favourite Metallica album is Ride The Lightning even though most people will tell you that Master Of Puppets is their best. I also prefer Nirvana's Nevermind to anything else they did. Co-incidentally both of those albums were the first I heard from the bands in question.

So, for those of you who voted for The Bends, was it the first Radiohead album you heard?

malice_ wrote: »
    Often the first album that someone hears from a band becomes their favourite. For example my favourite Metallica album is Ride The Lightning even though most people will tell you that Master Of Puppets is their best. I also prefer Nirvana's Nevermind to anything else they did. Co-incidentally both of those albums were the first I heard from the bands in question.

Not necessarily true: First album I heard of Metallica was Master of Puppets yet my favourite is And Justice for All... first ablum I heard of Bob Dylan was Bob Dylan and the band and my favourite is his first one conveinently name Bob Dylan and Nirvana was bleach for the first time but my Fav there is from the muddy banks of the wishkah.....I could go on. Maybe its majority rules.....
    Sorry for shotin' you down there, just wanted to put my 2 pence in.:o
    Mustard.
    Fred.

Not necessarily true: First album I heard of Metallica was Master of Puppets yet my favourite is And Justice for All... first ablum I heard of Bob Dylan was Bob Dylan and the band and my favourite is his first one conveinently name Bob Dylan and Nirvana was bleach for the first time but my Fav there is from the muddy banks of the wishkah.....I could go on. Maybe its majority rules.....
    Sorry for shotin' you down there, just wanted to put my 2 pence in.:o
    Mustard.
    Fred.
    I know it's not always the case, that's why I said "often" rather than "always" :). They were the first two bands I thought of where the first release I heard from them is my favourite.

In the case of Radiohead I first heard Pablo Honey but wasn't that impressed by it. OK Computer on the other hand absolutely blew me away when I heard it for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The Bends, the newer ones are meh to me.

Advertisement