Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Radiohead Album

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think Kid A is their best but OK Computer is probably my favourite. Too early to judge In Rainbows but it's definitely up there imo.

Pablo Honey is kinda crap tbh. The acoustic version of Creep is great but I can't stand the full band version. They've grown so much since then.

Roll on Friday!

SP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

niallk wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    The sax is a horn but not a brass instrument.
    All people who know what they're talking about talk but not all people who talk know what they're talking about.
    alto sax Steve Hamilton, Martin hathaway
    tenor sax:Andy Hamilton, Mark Lockheart
    baritone sax: Stan Harrison
    That's five saxes to two trombones and one trumpet

I concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Every body...
    bomp bamp bamp, bannamp bamp
    bomp bamp bamp, banamp bamp
    bonnono bamp bamp bonnono bamp bamp bamp
    bonono bomp bamp, bono bamp bomp bomp bomp ba (repeat)

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The live Go to Sleep is like.. a bajillion times better than on HttT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Kold wrote: »
    The live Go to Sleep is like.. a bajillion times better than on HttT.

I'd say the same for Videotape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I went with The Bends. Even though OK Computer is the more innovative album, The Bends is more listenable overall, and if I could only take one of them to my desert island it would probably be that one. Tough call though! But when I heard OK Computer first I thought it was the best thing I'd ever heard, and songs like Airbag, Let Down and Climbing Up The Walls still sound amazing.

I also like Kid A alot, Amnesiac is patchy at best, HTTT has it's moments but again it's patchy. In Rainbows is a grower once you give it a chance.

Listening back to Pablo Honey now it sounds dated compared to their later stuff, but still has some good songs. I especially like Stop Whispering and Lurgee. A bit sick of Creep at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭rebeldiamond

Definetly "The Bends" is my favourite Radiohead album, in fact it proberly one of my all-time favourite albums too! :)
    But I do like alot of their other albums too even though they wouldnt be my favourite band. But its no surprise that its winning in the poll, its an amazing collection os songs! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

OK Computer - the last great record of the 20th century, and it helped kill off all that Britpop sh1te.....one of my fave pieces of their music is the National Anthem off Kid A....I wish that really WAS the National Anthem...imagine singing it in a football stadium with the brass band goin berzerk! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

OK computer for me. Seems to bridge the gap between The Bends and Kid A. I really like the Bends, I love OK Computer. Kid A, I still can't get my head around despite multiple listenings, the most recent being last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I like that depressing one....

• Advertisement
Advertisement