Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass Mark for MCQs?

Options
  • 19-04-2008 4:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what the percentage needed is to pass in a typical MCQ test consisting of 30 questions? (Specifically Health Psychology). The assessment for the year is the MCQs and then a two hour summer exam in a few weeks.
    Please tell me 50% is a pass mark for MCQs :(
    And if I fail that but pass the main exam, does that mean that I fail overall, or can the exam bring me up to a pass level?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

AFAIK Since modularisation the pass rate across college is now standardised at 40% unless you're transistionally modularised (some health sci students still have a 50% pass rate)

As for whether or not you can pass, most modules you can fail and individual component and pass overall unless specificially stated that you can'ts in the module descriptor.

I know in Physics back in the day you had to pass all compenants of the course but for everything else I'dve done I've been able to fail individual compenents and pass overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

thank you so much, you've put my mind at ease. i figured the pass rate was 40% but then i thought, does that change to 60% as a general rule in college? i'm pretty sure you're right, and it's not my major either, so i'm feeling better now -thanks:D

Advertisement