Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School for Autism in Balbriggan...PLEASE SUPPORT

• 19-04-2008 8:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Info on a press realse and on a evening where we are hoping to get Sean Brown to go to Fingal and developers and say....a school for Autism PLEASE.
    Just becasue they have Autism doesnt mean we have to send them all the way to the far side of Dublin.
    The children may not be MAINSTREAM but they do matter.
    Ah I spent the other day crying..like a eajet.
    Like I said it has to stop and we need the people of Fingal to get together and say its wrong.Not just the parents of the kids because believe me , we are stress enough, but the peolpe who live in the town , the childrens town and say we support you. We want to stop you having to get up a 6.30 to be put on a bus that travels all around North Fingal picking up other children driving into Dublin and then have to go all the way around again just to get home.
    ahhh, someone pass me a tissue.!!!
    thanks all,
    cathy

Presently children with Autism living in North Fingal ,that require a special placement in a school have no option but to travel as far away as Fairview in Dublin city centre inorder to get an education.

The commission for school accommodation has stressed that a unit for children with Autism should be established in Balbriggan as a matter of urgency.

To date no school has been identified despite talks with both the National Council for special education and representation by minister Sargent on our behalf..

The people of Fingal can not and will not stand by and allow this discrimination to continue. Our children have a right to be included in their community.Just because they have Autism does not mean they don’t matter.

The North Fingal Autism And Aspergers Support Group now invite Parents of Children with Autism ,friends, family member , members of the public who support the establishment of a school Unit for children with Autism in North Fingal area to attend a public meeting.

Balbriggan Town Hall.

Tuesday April 29

8 o ’clock.

Mr. Sean Brown ,solicitor ,will discuss the area of criteria and steps needed to secure the unit.

Ring Fiona at 8413444 for more information or

e-mail friendsofjenny@eircom.net

Please come along and support the young people of Fingal who have Autism.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

guys a follw on to this.
    We have many new schools opening, lots of temporary accomadation for different schools.I cant understand why ...I honestly cant at all understand why they ..schools cant look after all children inc those , with Autism.Its not that hard.Its rewarding and ..ok , its a challange but I cant see how its fare if you go to a school and say.Ok, my beutiful child has Autism and I want her /Him to go to their local school the door is all but shut in their face. Honeslty its happening.If I went to a school and my child was black and they said we are not taking her here there would be murder but if she/he has Autism ...its ok..its understandable..Its not.Not to me.
    Can anyone please help me get a nights sleep and work out how its ok to turn a blind eye to whats happening.All thoses kids....
    Having a bad day.Doors been shut left right and centre.Slam slam slam, red tap and more red tap.
    Pure **** to be honest.
    I am lucky...many a parent and many a child are not.I cant sleep ...untill enrollement day.
    cathy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cathy - The very best of luck with this!

HB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thanks I feel a little more back on track.I wont give up.
    thanks HB,
    Cathy

Advertisement