Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Security screw driver bit sets

Options
  • 19-04-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone bought a set recently and if so were and what did it cost and what was in it. I came across the 100pc set which seems widely available abeit in a different colour case. ITs seems to cover the common sizes in the torque/hex/star range but was wondering if there was a full size/range one knocking about. Was hoping to get a set that goes from pozi's/philips/slot/tamper hex/tamper star/ square etc and all in one box.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

I did buy a set about 12 months ago but it's smaller than the one you're looking at so it might not be of interest to you.

Needed it in a hurry (the lock module in my car door was acting up) so had to buy in a bricks and mortar store rather than online. Was relieved to find a suitable bit in this set in Maplins
    http://ec.prokits.com.tw/BookDetail.asp?item_id=SD-205&author=&category_id=10&name=sd%2D205&pricemax=&pricemin=&
    because I had no luck in the previous 7/8 stores, but horrified to find they were charging €30 for it. Had no choice but to go ahead (or pay a garage €€€ to fix:eek:) but I figure I've gotten my money's worth out of it because it has come in very useful on more than a few occasions since.

None of the bits have started to wear down yet, though the ratchet screwdriver is a bit wobbly. Would recommend it for occasional light/medium use if you can get it cheap online.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

yea maplin do a smaller set for about €6... well worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

And if you find that you don't have the right bit after all of that then just use a dremmell to convert the offending screw head into something that you can open!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers lads;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hopr

cubix wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone bought a set recently and if so were and what did it cost and what was in it. I came across the 100pc set which seems widely available abeit in a different colour case. ITs seems to cover the common sizes in the torque/hex/star range but was wondering if there was a full size/range one knocking about. Was hoping to get a set that goes from pozi's/philips/slot/tamper hex/tamper star/ square etc and all in one box.

Thanks

These sets are available in Halfords.Available in their Kilkenny store, so i asume they are available in their other stores.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i got a set the same as that in aldi newlands cross about two months ago

Advertisement