Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hd dvd problem

• 19-04-2008 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

Was watching Batman Begins last night, about 40 minutes from the end glitches started appearing, and after 5 minutes, the dvd froze, and a blade appeared saying "There is a problem with licensing for this content".
    Uh oh.
    Turned off the drive, started up again, started skipping through the movie to get back to where I was, and it froze again.

Put in a different hd dvd, Children of Men, and it was glitchy from the get go, then the same error popped up.
    It plays regular dvds absolutely perfectly. Anyone had this or got a fix?

Lost the receipt so not going to have much joy bringing it back to the store (it's only a few months old)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

is your xbox hooked up via component or hdmi. if either, is it hooked directly into the tv, or via an amp/splitter? finally, what model tv is it? (is it hdcp compliant)

the reason i ask is that hdcp compliance is a tool much like macrovision on normal dvds, only far more sensitive and capable of all the symptoms you listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Try deleting any cookies/ downloads that are on the HD-DVDs memory. This should reset it to it's original state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭the corpo

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    is your xbox hooked up via component or hdmi. if either, is it hooked directly into the tv, or via an amp/splitter? finally, what model tv is it? (is it hdcp compliant)

samsung 40m86, connected over hdmi.

and i've deleted all the cookies, and stored data. i think it just hates me....

Advertisement