Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delaying Loan repayments

Options
  • 19-04-2008 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I don't know much about banking so maybe this is a stupid question. Is it possible to get a student loan where I would not have to make any repayments until I start working (I have a year left in college)? Or would I be laughed out of a bank for suggesting it? I literally have 500 euro left and I still haven't got a summer job so I would struggle with repayments. However, I am practically guaranteed steady income when I finish college so I would be able to pay off the loan pretty quickly then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

this is pretty much standard procedure for student loans, or at least it was in my day (about 10 yrs ago). repayments started when you started working. the only thing that might go against you is that you said you are "practically guaranteed" a steady income- the banks would want a very definite guarantee of income! and one final thing, beware and dont go too mad with the cash, it can seem like free money but speaking from experience it aint all that easy to pay back!

Advertisement