Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beatport

• 19-04-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Many of you use it? You can listen to full previews..pretty cheap too. Great resource.

http://www.beatport.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Smyth wrote: »
    Many of you use it? You can listen to full previews..pretty cheap too. Great resource.

http://www.beatport.com

eh it's the biggest online site for dance music (by far).

I really like beatport, although their preview player's quality isn't as good as juno, or even itunes.

You can't listen to full previews btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

yeah, not full...hell of a lot better than the 30 second amazon preview.

well the sites new to me...don't know why i haven't heard of it before. :o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I actually hate beatport. Fcuking flash should not be used for 100% of the site. I perfer www.djdownload.com, www.junodownload.com, www.dancerecords.com

www.bearportal.com is good though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

One problem I have with it is the F***ing Territory Restriction. Drives me up the wall!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

There is a workaround for that - do a search or pm me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

www.bearportal.com is good though :eek: :eek::eek: I get my stuff off this website all the time :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I have yet to buy an electronic/MP3 album - would you buy full albums in this format or just single tracks, or both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

depends. if im buying mp3's for ze laptop i generally use either beat port or juno. used juno for vinyl for years so i like them.

if anyone wants to know where i get the majority of my music send me a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Problem with beatport is the preview is too short. Most songs dont even get started by the time the preview finishes.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

In terms of an album though I certainly couldn't imagine parting with money for an electronic format when I could buy the CD/Vinyl, rip it plus have the best of both worlds :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Zascar wrote: »
    www.bearportal.com is good though

:eek: I can only assume (and hope) you mean www.beatportal.com!!! :eek:

I certainly don't want to purchase any multimedia files offered by the former site...
    Felixdhc wrote: »
    when I could buy the CD/Vinyl, rip it plus have the best of both worlds :confused:

This is a real pain in the ass if you get a lot of dubplates or older records though, as you record all the clicks and pops and have to spend an hour editing them out.
    kmick wrote: »
    Problem with beatport is the preview is too short. Most songs dont even get started by the time the preview finishes.

I find searching a desired track in youtube often throws up a full version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

FruitLover wrote: »
    I find searching a desired track in youtube often throws up a full version.

There is no reason you should not be able to preview the whole track. You may not always find the particular remix on youtube and also it doesnt suit the buyer like me who trawls through 20 songs to find one usuable one. At that rate I have to listen to 300 songs to get 15 for a mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

some good resources there

LOL sorry yes I meant BEATportal.

www.djdownload.com has a brillaint preview thingy - even shows you the profile of the track and where the preview starts and ends, and you can change that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Advertisement