Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man shot in hand Friday

Options
  • 19-04-2008 3:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know/heard what happened here, bit odd for a delivery guy to have two other people in the car?

"A pizza delivery man was recovering in hospital today after being shot in Galway. The 21-year-old was hit in the hand when a man wearing a balaclava fired into his van in the Whitestrand Road area last night. Two other males in the vehicle at the time were uninjured in the attack.
    A 42-year-old man who was later arrested in connection with the incident remained in Garda custody today. The injured man was taken to the city’s University Hospital for treatment. "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm interested to know what this was about. Seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

That's mad, I was driving by there after a gig last night just around midnight and saw the road cordoned off, wondered what was going on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

I'm interested to find out too. Very strange. These things don't tend to happen randomly.

Maybe someone was on their holidays in Salthill from Dublin or Limerick!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I walked past the scene just as the ambulance arrived. Was wondering what was going on, thats mad alright. I thought I lived in a nice area, maybe I'll move back to Limerick :p

cornbb wrote: »
    I walked past the scene just as the ambulance arrived. Was wondering what was going on, thats mad alright. I thought I lived in a nice area, maybe I'll move back to Limerick :p
    Lets not get crazy now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

sounds like a robbery, or possibly our 'pizza delivery man' was delivering more than just pizza

utick wrote: »
    sounds like a robbery, or possibly our 'pizza delivery man' was delivering more than just pizza
    My own suspicions would be that but i'll keep an open mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

utick wrote: »

Are you sure, cos it always takes three people to deliver pizza;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Rife With Libel

DRakE wrote: »
    Rife With Libel
    Hardly, you donkey farmer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Pizza war breaking out in Galway?:eek:

Which pizza company was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Must have been Godfathers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

It was actually a Chinese delivery. The media got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

One of the Sunday broadsheets named the victim today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I don't know Galway very well, but is this on the way out to Barna at all? We were getting a taxi back there on Friday and saw a road cordoned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Maybe teh gunman was hungry? Like really hungry! :D

I don't know Galway very well, but is this on the way out to Barna at all? We were getting a taxi back there on Friday and saw a road cordoned off.
    Most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Whitestrand road is lower salthill. between Fr.Griffin (fire station) and the road the aquarium is on. it's full of B&Bs, strange place for a shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Maybe teh gunman was hungry? Like really hungry! :D
    LMAO :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

ErnieBert wrote: »
    It was actually a Chinese delivery. The media got it wrong.

Damn Triads

Anyway I think it's still refreshing that in Galway when someone gets shot non-fatally it's massive news whereas in Limerick a city of approximate size it's called Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

kevmy wrote: »
    Damn Triads

Hear hear... I'm still convinced they ate my dog...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

no, i ate it.

it was quite ruff though

i'll get my coat

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

One of the Sunday broadsheets named the victim today.

Yes, I saw the name in the Galway First "paper" yesterday.

Not Triads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When I heard the surname of the victim, I immediately knew what was going on..
    Where the hell did the rumours of Triads emerge from? It's even in The Sentinel today! Does that paper get their information from internet boards?

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's even in The Sentinel today! Does that paper get their information from internet boards?
    Growing trend in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GalGaillimh

Its not a "Traveller Feud "either. One lunatic with a gun does not a feud make Whether they are Travellers or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Its not a "Traveller Feud "either. One lunatic with a gun does not a feud make Whether they are Travellers or not.

I know, sure since when do travellers deliver chinese's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Was just looking at the from page of the Sentinel last night and thinking to myself how would one explain the term "traveller feud" to an American tourists. Where to begin?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Was just looking at the from page of the Sentinel last night and thinking to myself how would one explain the term "traveller feud" to an American tourists. Where to begin?:)

One Family are Iraqi's, the other are Americans. It's easy once you put it in context for them. :D

Advertisement