Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man shot in hand Friday

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Its not a "Traveller Feud "either. One lunatic with a gun does not a feud make Whether they are Travellers or not.

Eh, there is a long-standing 'feud' going on between two traveller families in the galway area for ages now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GalGaillimh

That may well be true but what has that got to do with the victim's family?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Of course its a bloody Traveller feud.

No prizes for guessing the surname of the 42 year-old they questioned! A very prominent member of that family.

Where did it say in the paper about it being Triads snubbleste? I only read something about 'rumours being discounted' that it was Triads in the story about it being a knacker feud.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw GalGaillimh's last post. What's it got to do with the victim's family. Ehm, you're obviously not familiar with the various Traveller families in Galway, and the feud that goes back decades. THe victim is a member of one of these families. I'm confused by your post.

Just because he shares a surname with some people does not mean he was involved with every Ward in Galway.Some Wards are involved in feuds and some aren't. His (the victims) family wasn't. The stories that are circulating about the accused and his immediate family are quite interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Send them all back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The only place I heard 'Triads' mentioned is on this thread, and hey presto it appears in The Sentinel on Tuesday. It seems the paper got their information here - 'rumours'. If boards.ie had said it was french-canadian separatists in pursuit of pizzas-it may well have appeared in the paper as 'rumours' as well!

Do you know somthing we don't GalGaillimh? explanation of three men in a pizza delivery van perhaps?

It's just odd.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Do you know somthing we don't GalGaillimh? explanation of three men in a pizza delivery van perhaps?

SHE WAS THEREEEEEEEEEE..... HIDING IN THE SHADOWS!!!! We've got a proper Grassy Knoll conspiracy here..... EVERYONE'S IN ON IT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Was just looking at the from page of the Sentinel last night and thinking to myself how would one explain the term "traveller feud" to an American tourists. Where to begin?:)

Hatfield and McCoy?

Or just tell 'em to imagine the Jerry Springer show with the guests armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

snubbleste wrote: »
    The only place I heard 'Triads' mentioned is on this thread. QUOTE]

Ah, right, get ya now. I heard "matter of factly" in town on Friday night that it was Triads over a gambling debt ... the people down the smoking lane beside Buskers must all have been boardsies.

I also would be VEEEERY interested to know why it takes three people to deliver a pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

one to deliver it and 2 to drive the car

obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

DRakE wrote: »
    one to deliver it and 2 to drive the car

obviously

:D:D

One bored delivery guy and two friends along for the spin - boring but true,
    and yeah it was a Chinese Takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Man in court over Galway shooting

Thursday, 24 April 2008 16:32

A man has appeared in court in Galway on charges arising from what gardaí described as a serious shooting incident in the city last Friday night.
    Anthony McDonagh, 37, of Tullachard on the Circular Road in Galway, was charged with possessing a sawn-off shotgun and cartridges with intent to endanger life.
    The court was told that a 21-year-old man, who was sitting in the passenger seat of a van parked at Whitestrand Road, sustained very serious injuries when fired on at point-blank range. Mr McDonagh pleaded not guilty to both charges.
    Detective Sergeant Willie Beirne said he believed the shooting was part of an ongoing feud between two families living in the city.
    Judge John O'Brien refused an application for bail and remanded Mr McDonagh in custody to appear before the district court again on Monday.

Jaysus, is that the weightlifter guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

yes it is.

Superman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Coulda been worse, he coulda been having a hand shandy when he was shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Yea the big lad was pictured in the paper. Mad enough, i always thought he was a nice kinda fella.

The court was told that a 21-year-old man, who was sitting in the passenger seat of a van parked at Whitestrand Road, sustained very serious injuries when fired on at point-blank range.

So he shot at them with a shotgun at point blank range but missed 2 and only got 1 partially in the hand.

Jaysus, talk about bad aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

So he shot at them with a shotgun at point blank range but missed 2 and only got 1 partially in the hand.

Jaysus, talk about bad aim.

his arms are too big to fit around the shotgun

• Advertisement

He was using his toes of course, didnt want to get fingerprints on the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

He was using his toes of course, didnt want to get fingerprints on the gun.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xxGemmaxx

Ya anthony mc donagh, da huge fella!

Hes a sound fella tho, sorry to hear what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

xxGemmaxx wrote: »
    Ya anthony mc donagh, da huge fella!

Hes a sound fella tho, sorry to hear what happened.

Yeah i'm sorry to hear he shot a fella in the hand alright, nice guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Yeah i'm sorry to hear he shot a fella in the hand alright, nice guy ;)
    well tony soprano is a nice guy in some peoples eye's too john...:p

Advertisement