Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with NLT Upgrade....

Options
  • 19-04-2008 3:35pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How do I make my new NTL modem work...

As mentioned in the UPC thread, I got upgraded to the 12mb the other day. I still have my old modem, however I had previously been sent on of the new Scientific Atlanta ones when I was having problems a few weeks back.

A current speed test shows these results:
    261382826.png

However if I upload a file to my server it averages 100k/s. So my upload has definitely improved but my downloads are the same. I'm assuming i need to use the new modem.

I had previously tried the new modem but could not get it to work. Before I go spend an hour on hold, can anyone advise how I get the new one to work please? Should it just plug and play, or is there an ip address I have to input to configure?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

not sure what answer to ur question is but if your evering ntl dont ring the support number ring head office and just complain about been on hold for an hour and they will forward you directly to a phone operator, works every time. prob wont help now as its a saturday but im sure you will have to ring them again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You'll need to ring upc to get the new modem activated on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah, as moriarty said, once the modem has been activated ( by giving NTL a number on the modem ) it will effectively be Plug n Play, you will not need to configure anything.

Advertisement