Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAUNA, and erm nakedness ?

Options
  • 19-04-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

perhaps a strange question

my mate wants to bring visitors to one of the saunas, boilerhouse i guess

I think as some kinda "gay tour"

the thing is they are russian, with practically zero english so he was anxious i'd go too in case there were problems etc

thing is i don't want to be walking around naked, or in a towel etc, just not my thing

is there another option, i saw there "cafe" on the website , whats the story there

many thanks, an excuse my ...erm... innocence :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You're a very accommodating friend :)

As far as I know, the attire is towels everywhere, even in the cafe section. Might be worth sending them an e-mail to be sure though, or maybe someone else here knows for definite. Maybe if you're nice, they might let you wear a bathrobe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

hehe accommodating always brings an image to my one tracked mind

I'm depending on these people to help out with a trip to Mother Russia so trying to be great host

but my other half reaches for the dimmer when i undress so not wanting to inflict on paying guests

paying 20 euro to see....... oh I won't go there

If any one out in Dublin observes a very bored irish dude intermittingly communicating with hand signals to the visitng russian mafia, ... that would be me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 discobunny

Think they allow swimming trunks... but don't quote me on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

discobunny wrote: »
    Think they allow swimming trunks.
    discobunny wrote: »
    but don't quote me on it.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Avoided the experience in the end

Their experience of "gay dublin" was limited to SPICE

one guys night was made by spotting a certain celebrity ina lift earlier, only to be magnified when same appearred in the nightclub

was comic watching him try tell ther other guy who this was etc etc , guess some talent shows haven't yet made it tthe former USSR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You get a towel at the door (or it's in your lock).
    You change in the locker room just like when in school.
    You can walk around in boxers but most (if not all) put the towel around there waste.
    You make eye contact with those you like or want to talk to.

You'll have fun, if nothing else something to talk about.

Warming may be addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Obviously as a woman I've never been there, but a really close gay male friend did end up being brought there some years ago. He was really quite innocent and like you didn't want to take his clothes off so he ended up leaving (he's looking for love anyway so not the sort of clientele they really cater for).

But on his way out, they very nicely told him that they'd let him in for free if he ever decided to visit again ;-)

In short, I wouldn't be inclined to go to a sauna at all unless I was.....ahem.....looking for what's on offer there.

Advertisement