Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPL Flying Instructors - What do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Might be a while, the JAA would be slow to move on something like this I'd say.

EI-DAV wrote: »
    I remember someone telling me about this idea over a year ago, and thought nothing would ever come of it. However it seems the EASA are making a move on it:

Link to article:

http://www.ftnonline.co.uk/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=81&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=331&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=2209&hn=ftnonline&he=.co.uk

What are your opinions on this? I think it is a very interesting move, and would certainly help to alleviate the shortage of FI's, particularly in local flying clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Seems like a good idea although over on PPRuNe. There were some doubts voiced that it with further reduce pay for Instructors because you would be able to earn money instructing on a PPL. I don't think thats really an issue though. It should help alleviate the shortage of Instructors in clubs around the country.

However there is a flaw still. You would have to get Instructor training at an FTO. You can't do it with the club. Pre JAA you could be trained by your club CFI or just a qualified Instructor. The ground school was up to you. You did your hours in the right seat and took as long as you liked.

Therefore there is still a major commitment in time and money needed for anyone wishing to become a club Instructor. It remains to be seen if it has the desired effect.

Advertisement