Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS have hit a new low...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Helix wrote: »
    http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/FEATURES/FEATURE/tabid/1488/Default.aspx?CID=0771f70d-dd45-4de6-9ab2-6899f3aeab8b&v7Pager=1

convinced me to buy it on the ps3 instead of my new 360 (which im unsure of in terms of reliability as its only new)
    They could have wrote that article about any multiplatform game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

ShaneU wrote: »
    They could have wrote that article about any multiplatform game :D

was thinking the very same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/FEATURES/FEATURE/tabid/1488/Default.aspx?CID=0771f70d-dd45-4de6-9ab2-6899f3aeab8b&v7Pager=1

convinced me to buy it on the ps3 instead of my new 360 (which im unsure of in terms of reliability as its only new)

Which part of it did that?

This one?
    ...as it certainly looks like the Xbox 360 version will be the superior buy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

mcgovern wrote: »
    Which part of it did that?

This one?

Did you even read the article?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

It kind of seems like a biased article. Nothing about whether it's better on either console or anything about the content for either. Just trotting out the RROD again.

My two year old machine has had no probs I don't see why that should change just because I get a new game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It kind of seems like a biased article. Nothing about whether it's better on either console or anything about the content for either. Just trotting out the RROD again.

My two year old machine has had no probs I don't see why that should change just because I get a new game.

Exactly,
    i read a few articles on that site after the link was posted and there seems to be an anti xbox air to it.

Console wars have been around for years. I remember when some of my (loser) mates thought their spectrum was better than my C64. Then it was Amigas being better than ST's. It never ends. Frankly who cares.

I couldnt give a right swinging mickey if the PS3 has a smoother frame rate than the 360. Its playability that determines if a game is any good. I sold my soul to MS when the PS3 came out, i felt that Sony pushed some of its loyal customers away with the pricing so i made the switch.

Some of my favourite games ever include N+ and Paradroid (anyone remember this classic?). Graphics/sound/frame rates are the last thing on your mind playing them!

Not to be totally pro MS, MS should really leave the mud slinging alone for now. The RROD issue hasnt gone away and some of us are still bitter for the woeful XBL service over Christmas. and no, the pile of shoite known as Undertow did not make up for it!!!!!!!!!!

Benzino wrote: »
    Did you even read the article?

Unfortunately, yes I did, and my quote is from one of their own articles they use to backup their "claims". I guess you didn't though since not once anywhere do they mention any reason for buying it on the PS3 rather than the 360 apart from "your 360 might blow up" and in fact admit in several of the articles say that the 360 version appears to be much better.

Nice attempt at flaming though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im going with the ps3 version because im not yet sure how reliable my new 360 is

ill likely buy the 360 version in autumn when the dlc comes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Unfortunately, yes I did, and my quote is from one of their own articles they use to backup their "claims". I guess you didn't though since not once anywhere do they mention any reason for buying it on the PS3 rather than the 360 apart from "your 360 might blow up" and in fact admit in several of the articles say that the 360 version appears to be much better.

How many of their articles did you read mcgovern? just the ones criticising the 360 or did you also read the ones like "now sony screws gamers" or "Microsoft should Attack Sony with GTA IV DLC".

It looks like the games site equivalent of the sun, lots of crap tabloid style articles with sensationalistic titles but fúck all fact or content.
    Nice attempt at flaming though :rolleyes:

it probably matches your attempt at trolling by linking to one article and quoting from another

How many of their articles did you read mcgovern? just the ones criticising the 360 or did you also read the ones like "now sony screws gamers" or "Microsoft should Attack Sony with GTA IV DLC".

It looks like the games site equivalent of the sun, lots of crap tabloid style articles with sensationalistic titles but fúck all fact or content.

it probably matches your attempt at trolling by linking to one article and quoting from another

So I take it you couldn't find a quote of how the PS3 version will be better then either?

P.S. I never linked to any article :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I haven't been looking for a quote saying either version was better, it really doesn't matter. I was pointing out that the site is not just anti-360.

And you did link to the article. In post 34, you quoted Helix, including and hence providing a link and then you put in a quote from a different article, giving the (false) impression that that quote came from the quoted link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

And you did link to the article. In post 34, you quoted Helix, including and hence providing a link and then you put in a quote from a different article, giving the (false) impression that that quote came from the quoted link.

That was the article I was on about.
    mcgovern wrote:
    Nice attempt at flaming though
    Relax will ya, I wasn't flaming.

Advertisement