Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loan

Options
  • 19-04-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I am in a bit of bother. The head gasket on my car blew and to get is fixed would cost more then the car is worth. So i need to but a new car. I have a part time job but dont work every week, thus i dont get paid regularly.

Over the summer I work quite a bit.

I want to know if i will be able to take out a student loan of €5000 to buy a new car, and pay it back over the summers i work rather then over the college semester?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

That will be fairly difficult to obtain. I have a student loan from Ulster Bank, and the only thing they looked for was recent payslips to ensure there is a good cash flow. Talk to your student loan officer in your local branch and see can they advise anything.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, this could be a tough one to get alright. Does it have to be 5k, could you settle for less? In all likelihood they'll require someone (a parent) to go guarantour on it, if they approve it at all.

Advertisement