Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake 10 Euros

Options
  • 19-04-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

There is fake money about at the moment and it's really good.
    The only tell tale thing about it ,the foil on the side is weak.

It's got watermarking ,centre strip and the paper is almost identical to the real stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Thanks will keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

i always feel the rumble strip,

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

e10 is such a small denomination these days most retail outlets and those on the streets will just pass them, cleaver move for those that are printing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

The foil holgram can sometimes come off Euro notes. Especially the higher use ones such as €5 & €10.

It is unknown for high quality €10 notes to be in circulation. - I belive the 2007 report on fradulent notes had €10 notes found in the low hundreds over all countries wheberby the €50 note was in thousands.

Check for the braile markings at the top of the notes - can still be felt in even the oldest notes.

Also tear the centre where the line is, if you see foil then its genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Ive taken a good few fakes in my days but i always gave them back out to other customers...

i shouldnt take them in the first place but the people who give them look really dodgy and look like that leap over the counter and kick you ass if you dont.

when i gave them back out most customers didnt notice or didnt check but if i ever got one that said to me its fake I can just say there's nothing i can do about it...i cant just give you another €10 out of the till and im not gonna give you my own money !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

any idea what region getting the most of them

I knew they were fake ... i just didnt want the guy leaping over the counter going to slap me silly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

The rumble strips really are the best way of telling if it's real or not, I've never heard of a counterfeit note which incorporates this feature successfully.

D 24 and liffey valley

50's appear alot there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I was given one of these as change somewhere. Had no idea it was a fake.
    Used to pay a while back in a bar. Couldn't believe it when the girl gave it back. It was a very very good fake. I couldn't tell the difference between it and any others I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Ive taken a good few fakes in my days but i always gave them back out to other customers...

i shouldnt take them in the first place but the people who give them look really dodgy and look like that leap over the counter and kick you ass if you dont.

when i gave them back out most customers didnt notice or didnt check but if i ever got one that said to me its fake I can just say there's nothing i can do about it...i cant just give you another €10 out of the till and im not gonna give you my own money !

I'd be ringing the Gardai for you my friend if you tried that on me.

Passing on counterfeit money knowingly is an offence.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You should be ashamed of yourself. People like you sicken me. Too cowardly to challenge a fake note, but perfectly willing to pass it on to Joe Public. I hope you get found out, sacked, then charged. As previous poster said, what you are doing in illegal. I hope you try it on a cop one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

MarkR wrote: »
    You should be ashamed of yourself. People like you sicken me. Too cowardly to challenge a fake note, but perfectly willing to pass it on to Joe Public. I hope you get found out, sacked, then charged. As previous poster said, what you are doing in illegal. I hope you try it on a cop one day.

you think our police are smart enough to spot a fake note?

MarkR wrote: »

i did it to 2 cops and they said it to me but there was nothing i could do because its illegal to make me use my own personal money for the company and im not gonna risk my life in a really rough part of Dublin just for the sake of a €10 when fecking junkies are sayin " just wait til i get you outside ya lil bollox " when im in work and i do have to leave sometime......sure half of these notes came from pikies ! no way in hell am i gonna say anything to them.

as for the 2 cops...... i dont know what happened but they were talking to management for a good while but they said it to me in the office that there was nothing i could do that its not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

i did it to 2 cops and they said it to me but there was nothing i could do because its illegal to make me use my own personal money for the company and im not gonna risk my life in a really rough part of Dublin just for the sake of a €10 when fecking junkies are sayin " just wait til i get you outside ya lil bollox " when im in work and i do have to leave sometime......sure half of these notes came from pikies ! no way in hell am i gonna say anything to them.

as for the 2 cops...... i dont know what happened but they were talking to management for a good while but they said it to me in the office that there was nothing i could do that its not a problem.

tipical attitude of someone that wouldnt give a flying fiddlers if he saw a person dying in the street.
    I hope the scammers will get you one of these days.

nmesisca wrote: »
    tipical attitude of someone that wouldnt give a flying fiddlers if he saw a person dying in the street.
    I hope the scammers will get you one of these days.

hey theres a big difference between €10 and someone's life you gob****e !

to compare ten euro to someones life is just sad !

hey theres a big difference between €10 and someone's life you gob****e !

to compare ten euro to someones life is just sad !

no, there isnt much difference. the point is that you dont care what happens to the other person. you decide to ignore the fact that those could be the last 10euro in his pocket. you just decide to pass the hot potato to someone else, ignoring the problem.
    morally, there is NO difference.

and you can keep the compliments to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I knew they were fake ... i just didnt want the guy leaping over the counter going to slap me silly
    When you use your bullsh!t excuse saying there is nothing you can do then one day that person might slap you silly too. I think a scumbag is far more likely to beat you for that reason.
    madmik wrote: »
    you think our police are smart enough to spot a fake note?
    Yes.
    i did it to 2 cops and they said it to me but there was nothing i could do because its illegal to make me use my own personal money for the company
    Don't believe a word of it. It is illegal to pass on the notes. Are you saying there was no other money in the till you could have given as change? If there was why do you not obey the law and give them genuine money. If there was no change to give what would usually happen in such a situation- you tell the customer you have no change and refuse the sale, you do not illegally hand out fake money.

If what these make believe cops said was true the scumbags would not pass them onto shops, they would work in shops and legally get rid of the notes in the same way you allegedly do. But they can't because you are talking bollox.

well for starters i never got complaints about them and even if i did there would be nothing i could do about it...cant give you my own money cos not allowed and why would anyway ? so i end up with nothing ? as if

and you would do the same if you had 7 or 8 junkies or scumbags up in your face " i'll get you outside " and " i'll ****ing kill you and your family " and all that ****e just for the sake of ten ****ing euro.

and hello dickhead of course they hand fakes into shops !!! what else are they gonna do with them

no ya cant refuse a sale for the likes of change and that ****...whatever money is there is there and thats it....sure what if a person behind a till didnt know it was fake and handed back out as change and didnt have a clue ??? should they be arrested ?

and yeah a smart scumbag would slap you silly for that so you dont do it to them....you do it too cops cos cops can sort it out properly and they do know what a fake note looks like...their not stupid !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

bcirl03 wrote: »
    I'd be ringing the Gardai for you my friend if you tried that on me.

Passing on counterfeit money knowingly is an offence.

I didn't know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

werd. fook the do gooders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'm not gonna risk my life in a really rough part of Dublin just for the sake of a €10

D24 and the Liffey Valley area are not the kind of places where the locals accept a polite no , why dont you tell them they are on camera and to get out quick cos the cops are looking for the blokes with the tenners .

That way you dont accept them and that way there is no temptation to hand them out again !

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    D24 and the Liffey Valley area are not the kind of places where the locals accept a polite no , why dont you tell them they are on camera and to get out quick cos the cops are looking for the blokes with the tenners .

That way you dont accept them and that way there is no temptation to hand them out again !

Thank you Bob....you hit the nail on the head there...cant say no to the people there

i never said anything about cameras or any of that but i did mention to the guy once that it was a fake im gonna need real money but he did keep saying no no its real and i did say listen i am gonna get security but he just flipped and said " get ****ing security then i'll ****ing knock him out and all this crap " so i really just said to myself feck it im not gonna go into a big fight just for a euro or 2. did try but this people will stop at nothing to et their way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No wonder D24 and Liffey Valley cant get car insurance now, only place in the whole country .

i was quite surprised when i heard that myself

well for starters i never got complaints about them and even if i did there would be nothing i could do about it...cant give you my own money cos not allowed and why would anyway ?
    You can hand out THE SHOPS REAL MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. You said you knowingly hand out fake notes, why do this when you have real ones? you are little better than the scumbags.
    and you would do the same if you had 7 or 8 junkies or scumbags up in your face " i'll get you outside " and " i'll ****ing kill you and your family " and all that ****e just for the sake of ten ****ing euro.
    IN that case these junkies are robbing your shop. What do you do if a junkie comes in and hands you a note saying they want 2x€20 notes. That note is the exact same as handing you a fake €50. In both cases they go in with a bit of paper and you hand over 2x€20's. What would you do if they did hand you a note, it should be the EXACT same thing.
    no ya cant refuse a sale for the likes of change and that ****...whatever money is there is there and thats it
    ?, of course you can. If there is no money in the till to give out change of course you can refuse a sale. You are not legally obliged to sell anything in the shop. Are you saying if there is no money in the till you just give them it free? or give them no change?

I am not talking about the scumbags here. I am talking about the decent person coming into your shop with a genuine €50, your till has nothing but fakes so you should refuse the sale saying you have no money, which you DO NOT.
    sure what if a person behind a till didnt know it was fake and handed back out as change and didnt have a clue ??? should they be arrested ?
    No, unless suscpected of knowingly doing it, like yourself. The customer should be given real money back in place of the fakes. The SHOPS money, not this bizarre "illegal to hand out my own money" crap you are spouting

rubadub wrote: »
    You can hand out THE SHOPS REAL MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. You said you knowingly hand out fake notes, why do this when you have real ones? you are little better than the scumbags.

IN that case these junkies are robbing your shop. What do you do if a junkie comes in and hands you a note saying they want 2x€20 notes. That note is the exact same as handing you a fake €50. In both cases they go in with a bit of paper and you hand over 2x€20's. What would you do if they did hand you a note, it should be the EXACT same thing.

?, of course you can. If there is no money in the till to give out change of course you can refuse a sale. You are not legally obliged to sell anything in the shop. Are you saying if there is no money in the till you just give them it free? or give them no change?

I am not talking about the scumbags here. I am talking about the decent person coming into your shop with a genuine €50, your till has nothing but fakes so you should refuse the sale saying you have no money, which you DO NOT.

No, unless suscpected of knowingly doing it, like yourself. The customer should be given real money back in place of the fakes. The SHOPS money, not this bizarre "illegal to hand out my own money" crap you are spouting

ok from the top..... in your till E.G is €100 . THATS YOUR WAGES LITERALLY !
    now the money in your till SHOULD match the figure on the computer .... so computer says you have €100 in your till and you do have €100 in your till then great BUT if your computer says you should have €100 in your till but there is only €50 there THEN THE OTHER 50 THAT IS MISSING COMES OUT OF YOUR WAGES !!! im not gonna give my money so some lil **** can have a can of coke !!!

Junkie comes into shop looking for change ? no cant open til until sale....simple as cos they dont understand simple things

and no i cant refuse...somebody looking for a drink ? " sorry you cant have it just cos theres no change ? " you have to do the sale regardless so in that case you get more change from the office or the other till.... never refuse a sale !!!

well if the Guinean person comes in ? again im not gonna give him my well earned money ! im not gonna give every person that walkes in my wages !

THE SHOPS MONEY ? if that again ends up short then it still comes from my wages !!!

so yeah i think i'll hand out a fake if i somehow end up with one

ok from the top.....
    So if a scumbag comes into your shop and hands you a note saying he will kill you outside later if you do not give him 2x€20's then you just hand over the money and it has to come out of your own pocket since the till is short? Do you not tell the manager what happened, or report the incident to the police?

Because that is what you are saying.

You are robbing Peter to pay Paul, you are a thieving scumbag, knowingly robbing decent peoples money. It would be like me coming back to find my bike stolen and robbing another persons bike to replace it, "f*cked if I'm losing out".

And again, when I talked about refusing the sale, I meant refusing to give REAL change to decent customers because you happen to have none in the till. A till full of fake bits of paper is not real money and should not be handed out.

In your case you are being held up in the shop, and then pickpocketing unsuspecting people to get the money you lost.

• Advertisement

ok from the top..... in your till E.G is €100 . THATS YOUR WAGES LITERALLY !
    now the money in your till SHOULD match the figure on the computer .... so computer says you have €100 in your till and you do have €100 in your till then great BUT if your computer says you should have €100 in your till but there is only €50 there THEN THE OTHER 50 THAT IS MISSING COMES OUT OF YOUR WAGES !!! im not gonna give my money so some lil **** can have a can of coke !!!

Junkie comes into shop looking for change ? no cant open til until sale....simple as cos they dont understand simple things

and no i cant refuse...somebody looking for a drink ? " sorry you cant have it just cos theres no change ? " you have to do the sale regardless so in that case you get more change from the office or the other till.... never refuse a sale !!!

well if the Guinean person comes in ? again im not gonna give him my well earned money ! im not gonna give every person that walkes in my wages !

THE SHOPS MONEY ? if that again ends up short then it still comes from my wages !!!

so yeah i think i'll hand out a fake if i somehow end up with one

cool. why not tell us what shop you work in so that, should we have a few notes, we can get them replaced with proper one at the expense of your employer?
    FYI tho, I will make sure to see you behind bars if you try that with me.

PS : grow a pair..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement