Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] AA Membership

• 19-04-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Unusual one this -anyone know of the best price for the AA at any of the shopping centres, promo stands etc or other discounts? Website is quoting me €132 a year and I'm sure I've seen it cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

A lot of car insurance companies now have their own recovery service included FREE with their annual car insurance.
    Aliianz Direct and Hibernian deffo have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hehe, turns out because im still living at home and am under 25 I can put myself of my mam's policy for €44 a year - considering Hibernian won't insure me yet (only 19/M/provisional) and Allianz want a killing, not worth it just for free breakdown cover :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

okidoki987 wrote: »
    A lot of car insurance companies now have their own recovery service included FREE with their annual car insurance.
    Aliianz Direct and Hibernian deffo have it.
    Be aware that insurance company cover is not a patch on the AA's cover. The AA will take the car to where ever you want ie to your own garage or even home to your house. The insurance company cover is often restricted to taking the car to the tow truck owners garage etc. Just be ware of the restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Be aware that insurance company cover is not a patch on the AA's cover. The AA will take the car to where ever you want ie to your own garage or even home to your house. The insurance company cover is often restricted to taking the car to the tow truck owners garage etc. Just be ware of the restrictions.

I have it with FBD and they did take the car to my selected garage, it broke down on a Friday Evening and kept it all weekend and brought it over on Monday morning.

Not sure about other companies.

Advertisement