Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSBBC - goal to loose 20lbs

Options
  • 19-04-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the food diary section - I need some guidance on my eating & exercise and from reading all the other fitness logs here this seems a good place to start :)
    I'm female, 5' 2" and weigh 10 1/2 stone/147lbs.
    In the long term I would like to loose about 20lbs and here is what I ate today:
    Breakfast - 2 slices seed bread with a boiled egg, 1/2 banana & some humous. Coffee & milk.
    Lunch - Bowl of carrot & corriander soup & slice of brown bread with humous (I'm addicted!).
    Dinner - breast of chicken, cabbage, corgette & butternut squash mix and a medium potato.
    Snacks throughout the day - grapes, raseberries, natural yogurt & an orange
    Exercise - walked for 1 hour

This has been a pretty typical day for me since I started the challenge (except I usually have chicken or tuna with salad for lunch) and my measurements have not changed. I have lost about 7lbs, which is great but this is just water as I gained about 7lbs over Paddys & Easter weekends!

So any advise would be great, especially in relation to protein drinks (slender pro) - should I add one of these and ditch the bread :confused:

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HELM

Mmm, things have gone down hill since I started keeping track of what I am eating but I am assured I will benefit in the long run!

Breakfast: bowl of mixed fruit (melon, grapes & pineapple), porridge with low fat milk, Coffee & milk (at work)
    Mid morning - a banana
    Lunch - Wholemeal pitta bread with chicken & salad - lettuce, tomato, peppers, onion, 1/3 avocado raw carrot & a few peanuts in a little light mayo.
    Afternoon - hot chocolate :mad:
    Dinner - Breast of chicken with 4 baby potatoes & veg - peppers, onions and tomatoes, a cracker & green tea (currently drinking)

Might have another piece of fruit later too.

Ok, haven't been keeping track lately but here's todays food & exercise:

B/fast - 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices wholemeal toast, 1/4 avocado & coffee with l/f milk
    Lunch - 2 plain crackers, 1 rice cake with cottage cheese, glendisk natural yougurt, 7/8 almonds, 3/4 dried pruns, an orange
    Dinner - breast of chicken, 4 baby potatoes & salad with a little oil dressing (rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, beans, olives & 1/4 avocado)
    Snacks throughout the day - bowl of fruit (melon, pineapple, grapes, a pear), 2 green teas, tea with l/f milk & a snack sized chocolate bar - Sunday night blues but way better than the 3/4 bars I used to eat ;)

Exercise - walked for 1 hour

Here's my food for today (no exercise as rest day plus I'm still dying after my weights on Wed. night)

B/fast - porridge made with low fat milk plus fresh fruit (melon & pineapple), Coffee with milk
    Lunch - Spinch wrap with tuna, mozarella & salad - tomato, onion, peppers, sun dried tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, brocolli & carrot in a little mayo & 1/2 avocado An apple
    Snack - 2 dried prunes
    Dinner - Smoked salmon with 1 slice of wholemeal bread & salad - lettuce, tomatoes, onion, peppers, cucumber, sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 small avocado, a few walnut halves, raw carrots in hummous & olives. Green tea.
    Later - natural yogurt

Advertisement