Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 19-04-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

I've got a vocal track that I really like, unfortunately only the right channel has been recorded as the mic lead messed up un-noticed during recording. Is there any way to duplicate the same recording on the left channel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

were you using two mics to record the vocal?

i'd guess that you recorded a mono input (one vocal mic) onto a stereo track. depending on your sequencer you have to work out how to turn it into a mono track which should be panned to the centre.

split the stereo track into two seperate tracks, should be an option somehwere, then delete the empty one and pan the one with the vocal take to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

ogy wrote: »
    were you using two mics to record the vocal?

i'd guess that you recorded a mono input (one vocal mic) onto a stereo track.

Sounds like exactly what you did. Or maybe even you recorded it to a mono track but have inadverdently panned to one side.

What's your set up?

Advertisement