Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See Through Divs a Problem

Options
  • 19-04-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Have a problem with my hover over divs in this site www.irishfloodwarning.com If you hove over the green section on the home page or the red dots on the next page if you click the green section.

The Divs are see through even though I have stated the background colour to be #FFFFFF

I've even tried setting the back ground image to a plain white image with no luck!

How do I stop them from being see through?

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Check your width on the 'ballyd' div, it's 80px wide and you've stuck a 160px wide image inside it, you're getting some crazy overflow... try 181px.
    Or if that doesn't sort it, put a border on that div, I found border: 1px solid #FFF; magically brought the background back... though I've been unable to reproduce those effects by removing it and putting it back. *cue x-files music*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Possible solution (Doesn't sort the div background issue but has same result):
    If you set the background colour of the table in the div to white it'll stop it being transparent... ;)

<table width="100%" border="2" bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

You do realise you've a 2094px x 1502px image (536.61 kB) squashed down to 200x150px?! You might want to resize that first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

chat2joe wrote: »
    You do realise you've a 2094px x 1502px image (536.61 kB) squashed down to 200x150px?! You might want to resize that first!

Jackpot!

A schoolboy error that will annoy ALL of your visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Fixed that one, what image is it lads?? sorry for killing ye're bandwidth!

Fixed that one, what image is it lads?? sorry for killing ye're bandwidth!

img006_sm.jpg - The one just below the map!

• Advertisement

done and done, thanks lads!

done and done, thanks lads!

Well not quite! Improved yes but it's now a 488x321px image squashed down to 200x150px! :rolleyes:

It's just a pet hate of mine! ;)
    Remove the size tags from the image and you'll be working with the actual image size.

Haha I don't have any image editing tools here at work so can't resize the image!

haha... here ya go...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

chat2joe wrote: »
    Remove the size tags from the image and you'll be working with the actual image size.
    I thought that it was good to use the size attributes to help the browser allocate visual space for the image before it is downloaded.
    Of course, the image size should match those specified in the img tag.

• Advertisement

Ahh that could be a very good point. Would prevent the page jumping into shape when the image loads. My wrong!
    Of course, the image size should match those specified in the img tag.

Agreed!

Advertisement