Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

partner get erection when you want?

Options
  • 19-04-2008 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi Ladies,

I am wondering if your sexual partner is able to get an erection everytime you desire it? Just that recently my partner does not seem able to get an erection when we both desire penetration. Maybe this happens once or twice a month. Just wondering from your experience if this is normal with your partners?

Comments

High blood pressure can cause ED. I don't know if would be classified as ED though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Beer can cause ED. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I am wondering if your sexual partner is able to get an erection everytime you desire it?

Sure he can, and everytime I don't too! :pac:

Try not to take it personally Santiago. Have a think back over the last month or two, has anything changed? Is he working late? Under a bit of stress? family or money problems? If none of those work, go after the health. Again, over doing it on the sauce can have an effect, does he smoke? does he exercise? There is any amount of things that it could be. Best thing to do is get him to pop down to the GP if lack of sleep or too much stress doesnt solve it. Tell him to go for a general check-up, and during it just get him to mention what is happening. If he would normally be embaressed to talk about it, tell him doctors pass no judgement, and there will be no laughage. They have to be professional about it. If you think he mightnt go through with asking about it, go with him.

When it does happen, whatever you do dont make a big deal out of it. The problem has nothing to do with you, he will just feel worse if you look sore about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Everyone has off days. If he's in his forties or older it wouldn't be a surprise. Any younger and he should take a look at his general health and energy levels. If his diet is poor and he drinks / smokes a lot, that might impact on it. Is he diabetic?

All just speculation really. Basically, it's not unheard of for a man's member to fail him. Once or twice a month? That's fine if you're doing it twenty times a month. But if you're only having sex a handful of times per month and he's frequently having problems you should both investigate it further...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Have read that too much booze, depressant drugs, fatigue, poor physical fitness, and stress can all contribute to this problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

have you considered maybe he aint turned on! do it somewhere new,different position,maybe he needs a hand so to speak.

are you talking about babies or kids that can be a turn off to some guys.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What rediguana wrote. If it's happening with any regularity maybe get it checked out. I remember reading somewhere that men, even quite young men(well under 30) can have some physical issues in the old member. This goes double if he's unfit, overweight, smoker, drinker etc. Stress can do it too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

when i want, when i dont want, pretty much any physical contact whatsoever. but hes 23..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Maybe he just doesn't fancy you?
    :)

Seriously though, does he still get a "morning glory"?

If so, it might be stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

sar84 wrote: »
    when i want, when i dont want, pretty much any physical contact whatsoever. but hes 23..

:D sounds familiar!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

saddening. try ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

**edit**
    Abigayle wrote: »

When it does happen, whatever you do dont make a big deal out of it. The problem has nothing to do with you, he will just feel worse if you look sore about it.

+1 abigayle.
    You raised good points there. It could be many factors. I noticed another poster saying he may not be turned on. This isn't the case. sometimes men can be turned on but things don't 'happen'

also another poster says it can affect men under 30. this is also true.

As abigayle says in my quote. Try not to make a big deal out of it. When it happens to a man its extremely stressful and upsetting. Try to just reassure him its normal to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

I'm gonna be honest here

Call it ed if you like but i cant get an erection with a woman that does'nt turn me on.

Advertisement