Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any comments on my new(ish) site

Options
  • 19-04-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Any comments on my new(ish) site www.dublinbynumbers.com? Suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Not sure if this is what you were asking for but...

Looks like a nice job - good googlemap integration. For the addresses you have already put up it works pretty well and looks fairly good. Could do with a style spruce up maybe - a lot of white-space feels empty as opposed to being a clean layout - thats just my opinion! Its probably early days yet, but once a few more categories are put up, it would be even more useful.

Its a chicken & egg situation right now, but with the right promotion I think it can do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

Thanks Doodlebug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 i.D

Hi

Dublin by numbers seems a great site.Very well thought of idea and the integration of google map is very good. Is this your business or have you just designed the site? I hope to build a site myself soon so it would be helpful any pointers or tip which you may have.Well don again on the site.

i.D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Site looks ok and a handy service but why stick a youtube video (currently pac man) at the bottom of it? It just takes away from the professional look of the site,not to mention you cant even play it cos when you use the arrow keys the page scrolls :D

You have a < to the left of the You Tube vid which shouldnt be there.

Also the second search down the bottom of the page under the You tube is completely lost down there and some what redundant.

Site is very similar to Vazumo.com OP not sure if you have seen it before or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

http://maps.dublinbynumbers.com/
    I could be wrong but should item 9 "Customer House Visitor Centre, Custom House Quay" be "Custom House ..."?

http://www.dublinbynumbers.com/article/five-ways-to-get-fit-this-winter
    Page appears to be empty. Might be good to rename "winter" to "spring" because home page says "fit this Spring".

The body of the site (below the logo and top links) looks quite polished. I think that the logo, with its not-quite-white background, could do with being spruced up. Maybe make it more clear that the magnifying glass is over Dublin.

Plurals: http://www.dublinbynumbers.com/categories/driving-schools
    Dublin 13 has "1 records". Could you change it to be singular? Small thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

Thanks folks, good points.

I've taken the youtube section off, it was a pain to update anyway and winter is now officially spring!

Damn, that Vazumo looks pretty good, hadn't seen it before!

A little more polishing in general methinks!

Advertisement