Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted posts been edited.

Options
  • 20-04-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

So my question is ???

Is a mod allow to delete posts but allow users quote his edited versions before he deleted them ? I have no problems with the forum mod in particular but he has already posted his dislike of me, which i quoted but is pertainable to modding too it seems.I posted 2 decent posts to a thread which were edited and subsequentialy threatend with banning in a forum i frequent a lot.Now i hear the mod in question is quite high up in the pecking order for mods but imo his position should equate to impartiality when modding and not to threaten anyone who doesn't percieve to 'his' football intelligence with bannings or editing without notification.

Discuss please.

Lolcats are welcome too.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Links are welcome too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

we have a pecking order?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I can link to posts that were edited then deleted ? Please do tell me how.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

d22ontour wrote: »
    I can link to posts that were edited then deleted ? Please do tell me how.

You said the edited versions were quoted. Even a link to the thread.

*hopes it's the Liverpool thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It most certainly is the liverpool thread. I tried to prevent your banning from the forum by tidying up some of your carp, warned you about your behaviour on the thread too but to no avail. The posts are still on the forum in soft deleted form for any C/SMod to read if they want to.

I would imagine that you will be adding a bit more to this thread now that you have been banned, perhaps you will be changing the title.

BTW, your constant use of smilies lends gravitas to your argument....

• Advertisement

Well at least I got a lol before the banning.

Why would i change the title ?

You banned for me for ?

Oh yeah the posts you edited or deemed ???

You edited posts i made to suit your perogative.You failed at impartiality at that moment.That equates to failing as a mod ya know but hey boards.ie pwns us all

If my unedited by mod posts were decifered it would have read United 50 years on is rembrance,96 fans is reality.But hey he found something to ban me over . but gj on the mod system ....

I deleted posts to prevent them being reported possibly resulting in a ban for you. That was all. The reasons for deletion of the posts was made when I deleted them too (to save grief) , and again any C/Smod can see that when they visit to investigate whether or not I was failing as a mod by trying to keep conversation going without banning somebody.

BTW, I did not edit any of your posts, I am not sure what gave you the impression that I did but I haven't.

also a copy of one of the warnings on thread, put here to save people flicking.

d22, please give it up now, go to bed or just stop posting, you really do not want to wake up tomorrow morning with a hangover to find that you are banned from soccer.

And I have just reread your first post in this thread, quite high up in the pecking order of mods, you have been talking to the wrong bloody people or you have been just making stuff up.

am off to bed now, I will gladly respond to any further comments when I awaken.

So me agreeing that Hillsborough 89 should have been rembrenced is a bannable offence ? Soccer mods ftw

• Advertisement

You know that is not what you did. I would advise that you get some calm back and do not post anything rash on this thread, it will definitely harm your "case" against me. Perhaps get some sleep, take some vitamin C before you go to bed too, you may feel better in the morning than you would have.

BTW, I did not edit any of your posts, I am not sure what gave you the impression that I did but I haven't.

Ya know yore full of ****. I am banned for a week for posting nothing inciteful but because it doesnt go 'with ' yore flow i am still banned.You edited 2 and deleted 2 of my posts just to suit your victims personna.Logs should i showed it but hey it's boards.ie we can make things happen.....

You edited 1 of my posts then deleted 2 of them go delte the other nub who qouted yore apparent quote from me

Ya know yore full of ****. I am banned for a week for posting nothing inciteful but because it doesnt go 'with ' yore flow i am still banned.You edited 2 and deleted 2 of my posts just to suit your victims personna.Logs should i showed it but hey it's boards.ie we can make things happen.....
    You edited 1 of my posts then deleted 2 of them go delte the other nub who qouted yore apparent quote from me

You cannot get your story straight between two posts in the space of a minute or two, how do you expect people to know what you are getting at.

also there is an editing history on th thread so anybody who wants to look will be able to tell if I edited your posts. I can tell you now though, I did not edit any of your posts.

I deleted posts to prevent them being reported possibly resulting in a ban for you. That was all. T

I love this ****, banned for what then ?

You are banned for thinking a remembrance should involve fans ???

You banned me for posts you claimed to have deleted ?

You want other mods to realise how you are not up to the job of being 'IMPARTIAL"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

what are you on about poor fella? did you get lost on the way back from the pub ?

I deleted posts to prevent them being reported possibly resulting in a ban for you.
    No you edited posts which i made which were subsequently deleted to suit yore personna or maybe i am imagining things ?

Where is the throwing your hands up in the air and not bothering any more smiley when you need it?

I did not edit any of your posts, why do you insist on saying that I did ? When an úbermod comes on later on they can attest to that too, until then, please just take my word for it.

what are you on about poor fella? did you get lost on the way back from the pub ?

Yeah i am on the m50 somewhere :)

He edited and deleted my post to suit his personna.I didn't expect help from any mods but maybe an ip scan on every post i made in last 12 hours would clear up any delete .edits ? eh ?

Or perhaps the edit history of the thread which we have already mentioned would do the same job. Why would I edit your post if I was then going to delete it, and what in the name of christ is my personna ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Op, I reckon you should log off and go to bed or just watch some tv or something, and then come back and deal with this tomorrow when you have calmed down a bit and have a more level head on you.

I don't know what the issue is here (I haven't read the thread in question) but if you come to feedback and start giving out that mods are out to get you/abusing their power/following their own agenda then it seriously damages the credibility of your arguement and you are gonna be considered early on as a fight-the-powah type.

Sleep on it and come back to this thread tomorrow, you will be far better off for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Yeah i am on the m50 somewhere :)

He edited and deleted my post to suit his personna.I didn't expect help from any mods but maybe an ip scan on every post i made in last 12 hours would clear up any delete .edits ? eh ?

hahaha, this is comedy. are you wearing a white robe too?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is it possible you posted something stupid, then forgot what it was that you posted and assumed that it must have been something clever, so when you went back to look you thought it had been edited?

Eh no , i was responding to a tragic event in footballs history and it was edited/deleted twice cos apparently it never registered.That still doesn't justify my ban seeing as the mod in question banned me for ?

Need to lose the victim tag, eh ?

Go to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i'm going to add a little something here. i'm not entirely sure what the banning was for because of the deleted posts, but on the face of it, it seems deserved. but at the same time i don't think posts like this from a mod are appropriate tbh;
    If you have an issue share it on feedback otherwise keep your trap shut. Sound fair to you ??????? Don't particularly care if you stick a smiley on it or not.

it's quite confrontational and disparaging (along with some of the other relies that follow), i don't think there is any particular need for that kind of tone from a mod; it will inevitably exacerbate any kind of disagreements. on some levels looking at some of the posts between the two, it's tit for tat basically (even though d22ontour was in the wrong at first, i just don't think that's an appropriate way of handling the situation).

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You were probably banned, if for nothing else, for this comment:
    Ya know i should report yore stupid fookin ass post for retardness but hey i woud prolly get banned.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55711824&postcount=16688

BTW how does a thread ever get to 17,000 posts? Bloody hell.

If you wish to insinuate that Fish edited this post in order to justify banning you then a CMod/SMod will be having a look at it in the morning. If he in fact did edit it, it will be found out and he will lose his moderator priveledges. If he didn't then he won't. Simple as that.

I also agree with Ben: that remark looks a bit heated for a moderator action, Fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

While I agree that T4TF's comment was a bit much, I do agree with him in his response to what was an absolutely stupid post -
    1 He was probably misquoted and subsequently perm-banned by one of the trigger happys. :pac:

2 Or maybe he has bad broadband 'always on' connection and can't post .:eek:

3 Or maybe just maybe he got sick of the 'next year' brigade. :D

4 Back to realism i don't know who he is but after clicking the links about him , he knew what was happening and gave that info which prolly got him perm-banned without quoting a source. :p

5 Seriously kudos to anyone with that insider intel on any club activity.

WTF is that shit all about? If you don't like how the thread/forum is moderated either PM someone higher in the food chain or fuck off somewhere else. The presence of 'smilies' is a poor excuse and this sort of smart arse post wouldn't be welcome in any forum. Of course shit stirring like this is going to provoke a reaction.

Overheal wrote: »
    You were probably banned, if for nothing else, for this comment:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55711824&postcount=16688

BTW how does a thread ever get to 17,000 posts? Bloody hell.

If you wish to insinuate that Fish edited this post in order to justify banning you then a CMod/SMod will be having a look at it in the morning. If he in fact did edit it, it will be found out and he will lose his moderator priveledges. If he didn't then he won't. Simple as that.

I also agree with Ben: that remark looks a bit heated for a moderator action, Fish.

Yawn i didn't say he edited that as the thread title says 2 posts edited then deleted, you can quote deleted posts ? I posted that and it was a reply to...I was actually banned after this thread was made.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    While I agree that T4TF's comment was a bit much, I do agree with him in his response to what was an absolutely stupid post -

WTF is that shit all about? If you don't like how the thread/forum is moderated either PM someone higher in the food chain or fuck off somewhere else. The presence of 'smilies' is a poor excuse and this sort of smart arse post wouldn't be welcome in any forum. Of course shit stirring like this is going to provoke a reaction.

Good job quoting that , how about quoting the post where i explained what that was about ..But hey if it makes you feel good quoting some of what i posted then knock yourself out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

d22ontour, I honestly can't understand what you are trying to say. But here are the two posts that have been deleted.

7hg75todwwl1pl8sqyn1.jpg

kun843n6i6a6243xuk2.jpg

I can confirm that these are the only two posts of yours that have been deleted in the past 24 hours.

Advertisement