Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca vs. Man Utd (first leg)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

We have been abysmal tonight. Even if you are playing a cautious game, it shouldn't be too much to ask to get a pass right ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

jaysus, a 0-0.

liverpool-esque performance from united. good result for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

absolutely rubbish performance from United. snuffed them out well at the back but we offered nothing going forward. Advantage Barcelona.

god damn terrible crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Another shít Champions League semi final. Get rid of the second leg.

And add multiball for the last 5 minutes of each half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

How long before someone seriously says Ronaldo man of the match? Messi showed what a real world player of the year is like

I hope to god brown doesnt play center back in the next 2 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

jaysus, a 0-0.

liverpool-esque performance from united. good result for them.
    neither Liverpool nor Chelsea would have allowed Barca to play like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Utd should be delighted with that result. One goal in Manchester would put Barcelona out in front though. Hanging in the balance I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    neither Liverpool nor Chelsea would have allowed Barca to play like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Hah Dunphy has a chance to go at Ronaldo again he's lovin it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And he's off....on one!

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Thanks United, you've ruined my faith in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

lol at dunphy

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ye wish ye had a european performance to match liverpool,
    utd simply do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

0-0 will do fine ,going to Barca was never going to be easy .
    we played crap passing really bad , defended well . we could be leaving with a win or a loss.

on the whole we didnt have the ball. Gotta say Messi was class
    havent seen many people mention him on the thread and i think he deserves more than just a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dunphy is an alcoholic...

What did Ronaldo do that was so bad? They just bully him.

Deco was asking other players to be booked...what did Ronaldo do that was so bad?

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote: »

Deco was asking other players to be booked...what did Ronaldo do that was so bad?

Messi played

Xavi6 wrote: »
    How is he trolling? Everyone knows Scholes can't tackle

It's cute the way Scholes can't tackle?

What is he? Gay or something? This is a soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Delighted with that tbh. We were moaning so much about how **** Barcelona's defense was but on the rare occasions United attacked, Barca defended excellently, Toure and Deco were great imo. Andy Gray is the biggest **** spouter Ive ever heard. Our defense was our passing iswell.

Im a little disappointed in Iniesta's dive, he is prone to doing that a little too often for my liking.

The thing is, United's performance wasn't Liverpool-esque, because Liverpool defend and hound the person on the ball, and counter attack quickly, usually nicking a goal. United aren't used to doing that, so they seemed a little naive when they were on the ball, caught in two minds as to whether they wanted to counter or build up.

One goal in OT means United have to score 2, we have went to Anfield and San Siro in recent years and got a result, so Im slightly optimistic. Advantage United though. They are a great side. =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

What does that have to do with anything?
    It's cute the way Scholes can't tackle?

What is he? Gay or something? This is a soccer forum.

But how is that trolling?

I was simply pointing out that he has never been able to tackle but pundits and journalists always laugh it off-as if he is just a child and he tries his best to tackle. fact is he cant tackle and as a result fouls ALOT.

gays and alcoholics, you're on a roll tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Best team in the world? What a joke. Team selection, performance, attitude, all abysmal. Only one team interested in playing football, here's hoping they go through in the second leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Damn I wanna see Dunphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

lol call Rooney the best player in the world before the game who does f*ck all but they slate Ronaldo again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ronaldo is a world class player, but he fails to show up on the big games on occasion and tonight one of those occasions.

He threw himself around making Drogba look decent, it really annoys me how someone with such class can be such a sulk and choke at the big occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

that was awful, fergie needs a GPS for europe FFS. Barca dont have an away game like UTD did , barca will do that **** in OT and score as UTD wont/cant sit back.

Spanish Scholes vs Ginger Xavi the game i was looking forward too was poo.

kdjac

"Teacher teacher they're picking on him....again" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barca should have put this tie to bed tonight but I guess they can look forwards to frittering away good posession in the away leg now. On the other hand, one away goal and its another game.

Mike.

He's a great player at what he does but he's no Zidane, Ronaldinho,Kaka or Messi

Giles agrees with him so is he an alcoholic as well then??? Grow up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

The TV license is worth it for Dunphy alone. :D

Villain wrote: »
    Ronaldo is a world class player, but he fails to show up on the big games on occasion and tonight one of those occasions.

thats balls, you play a winger up front in a team set out not to lose and you feed on scraps, Ronaldo did alright considering hes a winger, a proper CF would have held the ball up and done all the **** antics Ronaldo did but better.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Piss-poor performance from United tonight. Barca bossed the game. Van der Sar was United's best player.

As for Ronaldo, really poor showing. A couple of weeks back me and others were urging people not to buy into the Sky hype machine about Ronaldo being the world's best player and saying he needed to prove it in the semi-final. Well...he didn't. Messi showed a masterclass tonight and he was only coming back to full fitness.

I say that as a United fan. It's time for this hype machine to grind to a halt. Ronaldo dived about the place tonight like a ballerina. This guy is being compared to George Best? Don't make me laugh.

Really disappointed in the performance and in Fergie's tactics.

Damn I wanna see Dunphy

"This fellah Ronaldo is a cod."

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Utd were poor all over the pitch, but they held up well in defense and thats what matters. If Vidic returns they should have enough to see off Barca at home, but then again Messi will be fitter next leg and Henry will too...
    Either way should be a good match at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Another chance to jump on the Ronaldo bashing wagon :rolleyes:

You just know there'll be egg on some faces next week :D

"Teacher teacher they're picking on him....again" :rolleyes:

Your in the other side of the world...you don't know what ****e is coming out of his mouth...absolute rubbish...overrated and dramatized beyond belief...a bird couldn't make it as OTT as Dunphy has just done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Very poor showing on 3/4 of the pitch, but I think some criticism here is over the top. Defending was excellent, a draw and a clean sheet in the Nou Camp is not a disaster. Dogged away performance, I think the second leg will be different and I for one am still fairly confident.

why are Sky making out that it was an excellent performance from Utd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

Dunphy is an embarassment to Ireland.

Ronaldo did as much diving as Deco (but Deco gets praised). Ronaldo looked like the only player that could make anything for Utd all match. He was up front on his own for nearly the whole match and held up the ball nearly every time.

Ronaldo for me was no worse and no better than more than half the Utd squad. Rooney played absolutly ****e and just because he tracked back alot they make excuses that he was out of position. (Wasnt Ronaldo out of positon?)

Id say if this was brodcasted in England we would be made a laughing stock.

Im a Spurs fan so im not being biased.

KdjaCL wrote: »
    thats balls, you play a winger up front in a team set out not to lose and you feed on scraps, Ronaldo did alright considering hes a winger, a proper CF would have held the ball up and done all the **** antics Ronaldo did but better.

kdjac

The worlds so called best player should be able to do more than throw himself to the ground and stand with his hands on his hips.

If you searched back about 3 years ago you will see I have always said Ronaldo is a great player and I have continued to say it but when he sulks and moans and dives like that it makes me sick to think someone with his talent behaves like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Ronaldo didn't have a good game by any stretch of the imagination. And certainly his "attitude" wasn't what you would want as a fan or a neutral. If its not "the Ronaldo show featuring Man Utd", he's not happy.
    Either way, he may make everyone eat their words next Tuesday.

Your in the other side of the world...you don't know what ****e is coming out of his mouth...absolute rubbish...overrated and dramatized beyond belief...a bird couldn't make it as OTT as Dunphy has just done...

I know exactly the sort of stuff coming out of his mouth and once again he has sucked in the likes of you. Mission accomplished for Eamo.

Villain wrote: »
    Giles agrees with him so is he an alcoholic as well then??? Grow up

There just bitter old jealous farts.

Every player in the world gets annoyed at their team mates, throws their hands up again, gets annoyed and moans now and again...

But because Ronaldo does it, he's a disgrace to professional football? It's bull****.

Then comparing him to a ****ing pro golfer? Since when do Pro golfers get misplaced balls from their team mates causing them to get frustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

What did Ronaldo do that was so bad?

hang on, did he do anything other than miss a penalty tonight? he failed to cave out any kind of opening. he failed to find the space to run into against two horrible centre backs who probably wouldn't start for a lot of premiership teams. and considering for most of the game he was the lone front man he was really bloody static. by and large he was woeful. it should have been him to go off frankly instead of Rooney, I don't know what Ferguson was thinking.

United had the opportunity to score tonight, because barca had themselves spread really thin at times because they were defending so deep against Ronaldo but had at least 3 attacking at all times. But they failed miserably. the forwards barely ran. the midfielders rarely ever tried support them. and the defenders rarely ever tried to give it to their own team mates. and that was some horrible distribution by VDS. i expected Ferguson to be negative in his tactics but he even shocked me. Cruyff has been made to look spot on about United, they looked a long ball team tonight. horrible stuff. the only positive from the game was the clean sheet, but tbh i think an away goal would have been more valuable than not conceeding. Barca will score at Old Trafford, i'm almost certain of it, as United will have to attack at some stage in this tie, and when they do Barca will pounce on the defense.

stonewall peno when ferdinand took eto'o out. just saw it again on Sky, definate.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    why are Sky making out that it was an excellent performance from Utd?

1. Cos it was kinda.
    2. its their cash cow.

Souness nail head hammer... " thats what you do away in Euro...champions league semis"

And hes spot on, kinda :D

Jebus pool fans giving out about Ronaldo playing up front and diving n stuff , bet they cheered every dive or earth shattering tackle Le Tallec got vs Juve not so long ago, when he played up front on his own.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Im sorry, you are all talking absolute bull****, no question about it.

Ronaldo played up front on his own, got no service, yet still managed to win three penalties, despite only one being given.

He created three penalties.
    The first one was his header.
    The second one was the most questionable of it, but Marquez came across, led with his hand, and didn't get the ball. Penalty.
    The third was was a dead cert foul on him on the right side of the box, the tackler got nowhere near the ball, and fouled Ronaldo.

If this is Ronaldo playing ****, I hope he plays **** for the rest of his ****ing life. If that match was at Old Trafford, he would have had three penalties. To say he played poorly is just stupid, no other words for it. Created 3 penalties. Played up front on his own no service.

Yes he missed one, but he would have scored at least one of the other two, probably both.
    (p.s. before anyone says it, I know Ferdinand defo gave away a penalty, but Eto stayed up (an honest player, amazing) and Evra gave away a penalty that wasn't given either, so we'll say it was 3-1.)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Game was shocking tonight, Ronaldo was an absolute disgrace.Talk about being a lazy ungrateeful git, bottled a peno and wouldn't even run 5 yards to chase down the ball.

Uniteds best player was scholes, the only player who could compete with the barca passing on their level , rest of the team was woeful.VDS needs to get his arse in gear and practice his kicking.

Messi showed what a true world player of the year looks like imo.Quite disspointed overall with the whole debacle.

Also, anyone care to enlighten me why we had rooney playing where he was the whole game? I can only hope he was carrying an injury , otherwise don't know wtf Sir alex was thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm going to buck the trrend on the Eto'o peno incident. Fair play to him for staying up. He was able to so did. All credit.

Poxy final ball mind.
    PHB wrote: »
    The first one was his header..)

Ballsing up a shot does not equal creating a peno imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Myth wrote: »
    "This fellah Ronaldo is a cod."

:pac:

I'm not sure, I think he's more of a trout or salmon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Makes no difference really Mr.

• Advertisement
Advertisement