Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca vs. Man Utd (first leg)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

jank wrote: »
    Messi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>infinity>>>>Ronaldo.

I love Messi, think hes a great player, but where was any of his end product tonight?
    Man Utd are ANTI-FOOTBALL.

If you had a defence with Brown and Hargreaves in it, would you play open expansive football?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

who got uefa man of the match?
    or sky man of the match?
    i can't find it online.

Dunno but i would pick iniesta if i had to take a guess, was very instrumental in their attacking play tonday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi wrote:
    In England, if you do a couple of things right, people talk about you being a legend.

He was right after all

I honestly couldn't tell which were fouls and which weren't because every time an opposition player looked at him he was heading for the deck. Then they show him screaming to the heavens like The Incredible Hulk (or should I say sulk)

Yeh he does appeal for everything. Em, so does pretty much every other player on the planet. Like every single one.

It's like bitching about players appealing for the throw-ins even though they know it wasn't their throw in.

The only difference is, Ronaldo has the ball more than most players and gets tackled more than most players, and gets fouled more than most players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

PHB wrote: »
    Once again you show you are just talking utter bull****. Please show me anywhere where I said anything like that? Anywhere at all? Got nothing again? Surprising.

Nothing.. just like what you had in response to my post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55749204&postcount=278

By the way, try to calm down a little. I know you say you aren't biased but I could deduce you were a Man U fan in a matter of seconds and I am new around here. That wouldn't happen in an unbiased argument. Would you be arguing your case so strongly if it was Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal playing in place of Man U tonight and the exact same events happened?

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He was right after all

Because that doesn't happen anywhere else but in england :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Oh can I just say Carrick showed tonight that he is actually **** on the ball....an above average grafter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

im no united fan but i think this is hilarious

certain pool fans like to say that united fans have a thing about them, that they are obsessed, yet tonight we see things like this:
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    bottler
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    :) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :)
    RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    7.5 for ronaldo for that one
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Zambrotta (a big game player) just owned Ronaldo (not a big game player)
    its alright though, its scholes, its *cute* that he cant tackle and permanently fouls

but some of ye look awful obsessed by the posts above.
    and to say they are not trolling posts?
    pull the other one
    why are Sky making out that it was an excellent performance from Utd?

its sky and its united. They bloody love them

Oh can I just say Carrick showed tonight that he is actually **** on the ball....an above average grafter.

Thats abit harsh imo.Look at the players he was up against and the way our entire team played?Nevermind the fact we were playing ina way we rarely play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yeh he does appeal for everything. Em, so does pretty much every other player on the planet. Like every single one.

It's like bitching about players appealing for the throw-ins even though they know it wasn't their throw in.

The only difference is, Ronaldo has the ball more than most players and gets tackled more than most players, and gets fouled more than most players.
    Ah come PHB take off the tinted glasses. You are better then that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I should say in my opinion. I think by English standards he is good on the ball and has good vision, but he pales in comparison to Iniesta, Xavi and Deco.

Of course I'm a United fan, I'm pissed off about the constant tripe that is thrown towards Ronaldo, it's just crap.

First it's Ronaldo has a poor game.
    Oh ok, maybe he was fouled 3 times in the box, but he dived somewhere else.
    Where did he dive? Oh, em he dived any time of the player went near him.
    When?

It's just bull**** jank.
    There are times when Ronaldo dives. Derby for example. Shocking dive.
    There are times when he doesn't show up in big games, Milan away for example.

But tonight was not one of those nights.

He was petulant, he complained after every time he got dispossed in a way he thought was unfair. Honestly, find me a player who doesn't. What's the phrase? Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.
    Hang on, how exactly did Ronaldo "get" 3 penalties.. It was Barcelona players who fouled. Any player who tries deliberately to get penalties by inducing others into fouling him is a disgrace to the game imo.

He didn't do that. He ran into positions that resulted in players having to foul him to stop him. That's doing something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I love Messi, think hes a great player, but where was any of his end product tonight?

Ye Messi had a shocker, thats why they took him after an hour. He is what Ronaldo wants to be but thats never going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sorry but no one else on the pitch acted as petulantly as Ronaldo did. His whole demeanour was wrong.

Don't confuse petulance with passion. Ronaldo tonight showed the former.

I should say in my opinion. I think by English standards he is good on the ball and has good vision, but he pales in comparison to Iniesta, Xavi and Deco.

I think tonight really showed that. But I think those 3 players put most people to shame. He's held his own in the English league (putting in some MOM performances against Arsenal and Chelsea), and he's done it against Roma (putting in some MOM performances)
    Barca are just too good passers of the ball for him.

I can live with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Event, these match threads are for everyone to pass comment on. EVERY game thread has rival fans wishing the worst for the team dislike. Thats not trolling, it IS however trolling to do it in the superthreads.

Of course I'm a United fan, I'm pissed off about the constant tripe that is thrown towards Ronaldo, it's just crap.

He didn't do that. He ran into positions that resulted in players having to foul him to stop him. That's doing something right.

I never said anything bad about Ronaldo, he's a top player (this coming from a Liverpool fan) - RTEs reaction was way OTT, but you hardly respect the opinions of Eamonn Dunphy and a certain few obvious ABUs on here that much? Just ignore them.

By the way - in response to your sig (aimed at Pool fans obviously) - you can't win the Champions League by beating Wigan :pac:

Event, these match threads are for everyone to pass comment on. EVERY game thread has rival fans wishing the worst for the team dislike. Thats not trolling, it IS however trolling to do it in the superthreads.

no no no, it IS trolling

its just that its not really punished except for the superthreads

but to say its not trolling, at least have the balls to admit it lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

One thing that RTE got right is that Utd didn't allow Barca possession, they just couldn't get near the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

event wrote: »
    no no no, it IS trolling

No no no no it is not trolling. it is not when Man U fans give pool fans abuse in the match thread when Riise sticks on in his own net with the all but last act of the game and it is not when Ronaldo bottles it on a pen and people put it on the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

its not trolling,
    and i hate united...

tell me this though who was man of the match officially?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

no no no, it IS trolling

Think of the superthreads as most of the pitch and these threads as the penalty area and you get the idea :p

gosplan wrote: »
    One thing that RTE got right is that Utd didn't allow Barca possession, they just couldn't get near the ball.

Something we can all agree on hopefully. The stats were 65% Barcelona 35% United. I don't think it will be anywhere near those figures next Tuesday.

no no no, it IS trolling

this thread was frequented by mainly non utd fans during the game, so it was just people having a laugh amongst eachother, thats why it wasnt trolling.

football forums are frequented by ALL kinds of fans and football by nature, will have people not wanting their rivals to do well, expressing that is NOT trolling. However saying it in a superthread is the equivelant of being in an away end and celebrating a goal, a NO!NO!

Evra is being shown up for what he is. everything is going down the right.

hahah are u serious? He had a decent game, he was playing against one of the best, if not the best, players in the world and he wasnt skinned once so i dont know where u got that from.

Thoughts....

Great defensive performance from United but thats the only positive I can take from it. Every player bar Ronaldo gets plaudits for the defensive element of their game so anything I say after this is an assessment of their play in every other facet of the game. Paul Scholes gets special mention because he was Uniteds MOTM for me. And bonus, he didn't get booked so IF we make the final he will be available (unless he gets sent off!!)

When I saw the team sheet i thought he was gonna go 4-4-2 and go for it but the opposite happened and I think that came due to the players inability to keep the ball. For once Fergie's tactics aren't questioned by me (except putting Giggs on and not taking Park off for Anderson)

Carrick was appalling tonight, the biggest culprit for our lack of possession was his misuse of it. There was one good example where Evra was in oceans of room down the left and had he of received the ball early he'd have had space to get to the edge of the box, instead Carrick squares it to Scholes who being the class that he is sees this and plays it to Evra but Carricks inability to make the pass at the right time meant Evra had feck all space and nothing came of it. Then the hit and hope long balls down Rooneys side all night which they even showed Fergie goin mad at on TV. He was just awful. Park offered nothing going forward at all. Played an atrocious pass for Tevez which gave Carlos no chance at all in one of the few attacks we had.

Valdes made approximately zero saves, Milito and Marquez had nothin to do. very disappointing.

I agreed with the RTE boys about Ronaldo (but then they went completely over the top and started talking about Padraic Harrington - in 10 mins of "analysis" they made no reference to the game because here it was, a bad game for Ronaldo, exactly what theyve been waiting months for, an opportunity to tear into him like they used to all of last year). He was acting the bollox and being far too petulant. Souness said it on Sky but in a more controlled way, proper punditry! He needs to cut that sh*t out and get on with playing his game.

Felt for Tevez and Rooney tonight, tough game for them to play in but they did well and did the work required of them but couldnt get anything going up front due to the lack of support from the midfielers which I think came from the fear of letting Barca get too many men behind them and running at the back 4 at pace. But Ill never question either of their workrates, theyre both legends in my eyes for this.

I have no criticism of the back four, but VDS gave my heart a hard time with his kicking. Brown had 1 clanger which set Eto'o through. Otherwise all 4 of the back 4 were rock solid. Rio Ferdinand once again showed the doubters that right now he;s the best centre half in world football period.

Penalty incidents:

- What Milito was thinkin I dont know. Definite penalty.
    - Eto'o one was a definite penno if he had of gone down. Rio slipped on the way in and probably soiled himself when he saw where his momentum was taking him!
    - Marquez one on Ronaldo for me was a penalty. Not a DEFINITE penalty but Marquez didnt play the ball in any way.
    - The Abidal one on Ronaldo was a stupid tackle. He flew into the air and scissor tackled Ronaldo and this was more of a penno than the Marquez one but by that stage Ron had been actin the boll0x so much that he was never gonna get it and probably rightly so to be honest.
    - Iniesta's with Evra was marginal. There was contact but Iniesta came undone by doing what Ronaldo was doing and seriously exaggerating it.

Overall its not a bad result. When u play that badly against Barca away in a Champions League semi final and still draw nil all its a good sign but I'd be a lot more relaxed with an away goal in the bag. Its crucial we don't concede now in OT and because of that, and how little possession we had tonight, I think Fergie will put 5 in the middle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

When?

It's just bull**** jank.
    There are times when Ronaldo dives. Derby for example. Shocking dive.
    There are times when he doesn't show up in big games, Milan away for example.

But tonight was not one of those nights.

lol, so he wasn't acting up the time he backed into a static Marquez, threw himself to the ground, then stood up going ballistic at someone on the touch line cos he wasn't awarded a foul? I presume he was letting off at the linesman, though maybe he was gesturing towards his bench.. "it's just not fair! *harrumph*"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Im sorry, you are all talking absolute bull****, no question about it.

Ronaldo played up front on his own, got no service, yet still managed to win three penalties, despite only one being given.

He created three penalties.
    The first one was his header.
    The second one was the most questionable of it, but Marquez came across, led with his hand, and didn't get the ball. Penalty.
    The third was was a dead cert foul on him on the right side of the box, the tackler got nowhere near the ball, and fouled Ronaldo.

If this is Ronaldo playing ****, I hope he plays **** for the rest of his ****ing life. If that match was at Old Trafford, he would have had three penalties. To say he played poorly is just stupid, no other words for it. Created 3 penalties. Played up front on his own no service.

Yes he missed one, but he would have scored at least one of the other two, probably both.
    (p.s. before anyone says it, I know Ferdinand defo gave away a penalty, but Eto stayed up (an honest player, amazing) and Evra gave away a penalty that wasn't given either, so we'll say it was 3-1.)

I thought Ronaldo had a shocker to be honest...and I wish he would play like that every week, maybe more people would actually see him for the petulant (sp?) child he was tonight. He went down very easily, almost as much as Droggers last night

Regarding the "penalties":

1. yeah stone wall Penalty...

2. "The second one was the most questionable of it, but Marquez came across, led with his hand, and didn't get the ball. Penalty." - If you watch the replay you can see Ronaldo leading with his arm also and then throwing himself to the ground.. six of one, half a dozen...

3. Yeah, thought he should have got one for that....no where near the ball..

I have to say, I thought UTD were supposed to be an attacking team? For most of the match they had 10 men behind the ball?? I think Fergie bottled it, if UTD had played their usually attacking game they probably could have killed the game off in spain..

It seems like if you have 10 men behind the ball away from home in Europe, you are labelled as boring.....where UTD boring, or tactically astute ??? :)
    Playing an attacker on the right wing?? Fergie will probably get praised for it, but Rafa used to get abused for it...oh well..

Thought Barca were pretty poor in front of goal tbh..lacking the cutting edge, Henry should start the next game...not a fan of that Bojan..

(ps...Ronaldo didn't win 3 penalties, UTD only got 1)..but of course if Ronaldo had gotten to take 3 he would DEFINITELY would have scored 2 yeah..?

I never said anything bad about Ronaldo, he's a top player (this coming from a Liverpool fan) - RTEs reaction was way OTT, but you hardly respect the opinions of Eamonn Dunphy and a certain few obvious ABUs on here that much? Just ignore them.

I do normally, but normally I have to argue from a position of weakness, like why I thought Ronaldo did well against Milan this year, scoring the goal against them, but nobody cared.
    This match though, Ronaldo was great against an incredibly amazing Barca side.
    By the way - in response to your sig (aimed at Pool fans obviously) - you can't win the Champions League by beating Wigan :pac:

True :) Then again, Milan in that 2nd half were about as good as Wigan :o

• Advertisement

good post Neil.

No no no no it is not trolling. it is not when Man U fans give pool fans abuse in the match thread when Riise sticks on in his own net with the all but last act of the game and it is not when Ronaldo bottles it on a pen and people put it on the thread.

ah grand, if i have it from a mod thats fair enough

generally i had understood trolling to be comments that are purposly posted to get a rise or response from someone else. which to me, is pretty much what a lot of those comments are.

but if its not, ill take it back, seeing as a mod has ok'd comments like that

We havent gone to Wigan yet - ssssh!!

Still unbeaten in Europe this year, to quote Warren Gatland, one of rugbys best, "Defence wins Championships!"

spockety wrote: »
    lol, so he wasn't acting up the time he backed into a static Marquez, threw himself to the ground, then stood up going ballistic at someone on the touch line cos he wasn't awarded a foul? I presume he was letting off at the linesman, though maybe he was gesturing towards his bench.. "it's just not fair! *harrumph*"

Pretty much what Torres did all last night. Half the times he was fouled. Half the times he jsut appealed anyway.
    Player appealing for a decision that was clearly not theirs shocker!!

mada999 wrote: »
    I have to say, I thought UTD were supposed to be an attacking team? For most of the match they had 10 men behind the ball?? I think Fergie bottled it, if UTD had played their usually attacking game they probably could have killed the game off in spain..

It seems like if you have 10 men behind the ball away from home in Europe, you are labelled as boring.....where UTD boring, or tactically astute ??? :)
    Playing an attacker on the right wing?? Fergie will probably get praised for it, but Rafa used to get abused for it...oh well..

I hate how Fergie lines up in Euro aways. But to be honest, I think tonight he actually played an attacking team.

Carrick
    Scholes
    --Rooney
    Tevez
    Park---
    Ronaldo

The problem is, Carrick and Scholes were **** at passing today, which really didn't help.
    AND
    Rooney being played out of position meant that we had no natural shape. Ronaldo isn't a front man.

We tried to attack. Barca however were just too good.

66% possession against Man Utd. I can't remember any other team who's been that amazing at keeping the ball of United.

(ps...Ronaldo didn't win 3 penalties, UTD only got 1)..but of course if Ronaldo had gotten to take 3 he would DEFINITELY would have scored 2 yeah..?

You'd expect him to. But I said he'd score at least one :)

generally i had understood trolling to be comments that are purposly posted to get a rise or response from someone else. which to me, is pretty much what a lot of those comments are.

Banter is allowed. There's a fine line between Banter (i.e. stuff you might say at the pub to a friend) and trolling (stuff you say just to piss people off in a non-good spirited way)

i.e. You can't win the premiership on penalties = banter.
    HAhahahahha, RIise is ****, Liverpool are ****, also you guys all suck = trolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have you not noticed that a Mod has been posting on this thread all night ? do you think that said mod would have let trolling go on unchallenged ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Pretty much what Torres did all last night. Half the times he was fouled. Half the times he jsut appealed anyway.
    Player appealing for a decision that was clearly not theirs shocker!!

Didn't realise we were talking about Torres... I think if you ask people if Torres has a reputation for diving, and petulance, you'd get far more no responses than yes.

You said Ronaldo wasn't doing any of that tonight.. bull ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Great responses. You want to know why they were only one line? Because they were 3 penalties and you have no other repsonse to it but to try pretend it's bias.

No talking about the game overall, but United played as well as you could ask of a player playing out of position, with no service.

The 3rd was definitely not a penalty, Abidal GOT the ball. What a ****ing numpty though, stupidly risky challenge. 2nd one is definitely debatable too. So their was only 1 clear penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

hahah are u serious? He had a decent game, he was playing against one of the best, if not the best, players in the world and he wasnt skinned once so i dont know where u got that from.

Thoughts....

Great defensive performance from United but thats the only positive I can take from it. Every player bar Ronaldo gets plaudits for the defensive element of their game so anything I say after this is an assessment of their play in every other facet of the game. Paul Scholes gets special mention because he was Uniteds MOTM for me. And bonus, he didn't get booked so IF we make the final he will be available (unless he gets sent off!!)

When I saw the team sheet i thought he was gonna go 4-4-2 and go for it but the opposite happened and I think that came due to the players inability to keep the ball. For once Fergie's tactics aren't questioned by me (except putting Giggs on and not taking Park off for Anderson)

Carrick was appalling tonight, the biggest culprit for our lack of possession was his misuse of it. There was one good example where Evra was in oceans of room down the left and had he of received the ball early he'd have had space to get to the edge of the box, instead Carrick squares it to Scholes who being the class that he is sees this and plays it to Evra but Carricks inability to make the pass at the right time meant Evra had feck all space and nothing came of it. Then the hit and hope long balls down Rooneys side all night which they even showed Fergie goin mad at on TV. He was just awful. Park offered nothing going forward at all. Played an atrocious pass for Tevez which gave Carlos no chance at all in one of the few attacks we had.

Valdes made approximately zero saves, Milito and Marquez had nothin to do. very disappointing.

I agreed with the RTE boys about Ronaldo (but then they went completely over the top and started talking about Padraic Harrington - in 10 mins of "analysis" they made no reference to the game because here it was, a bad game for Ronaldo, exactly what theyve been waiting months for, an opportunity to tear into him like they used to all of last year). He was acting the bollox and being far too petulant. Souness said it on Sky but in a more controlled way, proper punditry! He needs to cut that sh*t out and get on with playing his game.

Felt for Tevez and Rooney tonight, tough game for them to play in but they did well and did the work required of them but couldnt get anything going up front due to the lack of support from the midfielers which I think came from the fear of letting Barca get too many men behind them and running at the back 4 at pace. But Ill never question either of their workrates, theyre both legends in my eyes for this.

I have no criticism of the back four, but VDS gave my heart a hard time with his kicking. Brown had 1 clanger which set Eto'o through. Otherwise all 4 of the back 4 were rock solid. Rio Ferdinand once again showed the doubters that right now he;s the best centre half in world football period.

Penalty incidents:

- What Milito was thinkin I dont know. Definite penalty.
    - Eto'o one was a definite penno if he had of gone down. Rio slipped on the way in and probably soiled himself when he saw where his momentum was taking him!
    - Marquez one on Ronaldo for me was a penalty. not a DEFINITE penalty but Marquez didnt play the ball in any way.
    - The Abidal one on Ronaldo was a stupid tackle. He flew into the air and scissor tackled Ronaldo but by that stage Ron had been actin the boll0x so much that he was never gonna get it and probably rightly so to be honest.
    - Iniesta's with Evra was marginal. There was contact but Iniesta came undone by doing what Ronaldo was doing and seriously exaggerating it.

Overall its not a bad result. When u play that badly against Barca away in a Champions League semi final and still draw nil all its a good sign but I'd be a lot more relaxed with an away goal in the bag. Its crucial we don't concede now in OT and because of that, and how little possession we had tonight, I think Fergie will put 5 in the middle.

Good post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Oh and close the poll, it annoys me when people vote post-match. And Lloyd you could probably use that Thumbs up button instead of quoting such a large post. :p

eZe^ wrote: »
    The 3rd was definitely not a penalty, Abidal GOT the ball. What a ****ing numpty though, stupidly risky challenge. 2nd one is definitely debatable too. So their was only 1 clear penalty.

I thought I got the ball AFTER he got the man.

Question eZe, are u as a Barca fan concerned by the fact that United did shag all tonght other than defend and waste possession and u basically attacked for 90 mins without a goal?

As a United fan Im concerned that now we have to either score one and keep u out or outscore u plain and simple in OT. We also have the nightmare scenario or it being 0-0 after 90 mins and then 1-1 after extra time and you's win on penalties and we're out having not lost a game in the competition :(

• Advertisement

Post-match interview with Ronaldo...
    "Did I deserve a second penalty [from Márquez]? I'm not sure, but I think he touched me. But the referee didn't give a penalty. I don't know why. I don't understand.

Hardly adamant about it, is he? He THINKS he was touched. He went down like he'd been shot.

And how's this for bizarre...?
    "They keep a lot of the ball, but they don't create great chances," he argued. "We created more than Barcelona. The team was confident, did well - we defended well.

Utter nonsense.

eZe^ wrote: »

Are you sure? I'll admit I only saw the replay once, but I didn't see any movement of the ball.
    spockety wrote: »
    Didn't realise we were talking about Torres... I think if you ask people if Torres has a reputation for diving, and petulance, you'd get far more no responses than yes.

You said Ronaldo wasn't doing any of that tonight.. bull ****.

No, I was talking about the fact that Torres was appealing for everything last night, even when it wasn't a foul on him. He did that lots of times last night. But it's not an issue.
    Im not talking at all about him being a diver or not a diver.

Utter nonsense.

There was one clean cut chance of the match. It was the peno. There were no other real chances.

Utter nonsense.

Yea i laughed at that. We created next to nothing. I dont remember, was Valdes playing?

There was one clean cut chance of the match. It was the peno. There were no other real chances.

There were plenty of chances. Now how clear-cut they were is a matter of opinion but surely you're not going to argue that Man United created more than Barcelona?

Nope. I'd say nobody created any real chances in open play.

Barca had one good chance when Eto went past Ferdinand, who fouled him, but he kept going, but his cut back was ****.
    United created no good chances frm open play.

Barca had one good chance when Eto went past Ferdinand, who fouled him, but he kept going, but his cut back was ****.

There was another great chance for Eto when Barca worked the ball beautifully and he fired it into the side netting.

Valdes meanwhile could have taken a nap if he wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

To be fair, there was also one from [spit] Onreeeeeeeeeeeee [/spit]

There was another great chance for Eto when Barca worked the ball beautifully and he fired it into the side netting.

Yeh I saw that, but I thought Ferdinand actually made it impossible for him to score.

Uniteds best chance from open play came when Carrick cut the ball past the Barca midfielder, but then put in the worst shot ever instead of a cross into 5 united players in the box. Shocking

There were a lot of long shots. But to be honest, just like the Henry chance, you'd expect VDS to save it. If we can limit Barca to those sorts of chances at Old Trafford, I'll be very happy.

---

I can't find any replays of the 3rd peno appeal but all the Spanish networks didn't show it in their highlights clip. What does this mean :P Defo penalty :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Barcelona played exceptional football and should have punished United.

I'd agree that there wasn't too many real chances - nothing stands out that you could say so and so should have scored

• Advertisement
Advertisement