Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Chelsea (1st Leg)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

PHB wrote: »
    Cry me a river, it's just hilarious how people see things if they are from different sets of fans.

its a bit rich for you to be mocking biased fans when you are a prime example of one yourself

you seem like an intelligent chap and you make some good points, but all of your posts that i've read this evening have been tainted by your anti-liverpool agenda.

diving is disgraceful and i dont care what the motives are, its cheating. Whether it be from a United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton it doesnt matter. however, imo, the frequency at which Ronaldo and Drogba do it is well worse than Gerrard or Rooney. all divers are cheaters, but some do it so frequently that its part of their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I don't, but I'm not gona bitch non-stop about a team diving when my own captain does it reguarly. Also, the only thing Liverpool fans ever say about this is that Gerrard does it less. All it means is that Gerrard is a better diver than Ronaldo and Drogba is, because he pretends to be really against it, but then does it in big moments. So we can all agree, either they are all equally bad, or Gerrard is just better at it.

Or we can agree you were a tosser at lans years ago and still are now? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Cry me a river, it's just hilarious how people see things if they are from different sets of fans. Drogba is a joke, always has been. Gerrard dives on a very regular basis, and was falling over himself earlier in the night, but as the game went on, saw less and less of the ball.

Both teams tonight were hilarious in terms of their diving, but if you look at the poll, there were 37 liverpool fans and 3 chelsea fans. I'd wager you that if you look at a Chelsea forum, they are all bitching about Gerrard diving, Torres falling over from any touch etc. etc. etc.

It's like a nation of Wengers

Seriously, have you been drinking ?? Stir stir stir...and then you try and take the piss out of Arsenal fans... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I
    I cant believe it happened though, I mean why didnt Riise just try and head back out towards the corner? Risky but not as risky as what he did...

He was hardly trying to score. He did try head it back out, he just caught it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

well that was sweet, probably undeserved, but sweet none the less, the luck created by all that history has run out at last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Stekelly wrote: »
    He was hardly trying to score. He did try head it back out, he just caught it wrong.

I agree...It was a freak mistake...he had to do something though, Anelka was behind him ready for a tap in.. the cross should have been stopped in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Drogba should be heading to China in the summer to represent the Ivory Coast in the 5 metre free style, he really is in a league of his own when it comes to the old Platoon.

As for Gerrard, I watched very carefully and couldn't make out whether is was diving or not, in fact I couldn't make out whether he was playing or not, 2nd European match in a row he has been anonymous!

Did anyone mention the blatant shove Cashley gave Dirk in the box?, blantant penalty, the officials had a mare.

It was a painful enough match to watch, the Liverpool goal could have been accompanied by some Benny Hill music, while the Chelsea goal didn't need any sound effects as the noise of 45,000 guts been ripped apart was apt.

Liverpool on Peno's in the 2nd leg for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Liverpool (Liverpool fans)
    In the bag for Chelsea now..........easy peasy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hilarious stuff from Thompson
    http://www.skysports.com/video/0,20285,12606_3462053,00.html

I love him as a pundit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Hilarious stuff from Thompson

I love him as a pundit :)

LOL. Brilliant. What does he shout at the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think it's something like Pen ha

which I think could be penalty which he feels Liverpool should have gotten.

I love Soccer Saterday and its different day shows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Pleased, result wise anyway, the preformance was terrible imo. Sets it up nicely at the Bridge for us :)

Agreed on the Soccer Saturday PHB, always enjoyable, I always lol at how OTT they go at times, god bless ya Jeff Stelling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Liverpool had most of the play but couldnt seal it.
    It is hard to look past chelsea now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

dc69 wrote: »
    He does it tactically and quite rarely,the other 2 are just cheats and do it for no other reason and often.
    ahahaha. Deary deary me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Chelsea
    Lethal on the counter lethal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Boggles wrote: »
    Drogba should be heading to China in the summer to represent the Ivory Coast in the 5 metre free style, he really is in a league of his own when it comes to the old Platoon.

True ....but if Torres keeps practising like he did in the second half , he will give him a good challenge for the gold. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What the hell does thompson say there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

ciaran76 wrote: »
    2nd half has been better then the first for the neutrals.

That was in equal measures painful and hilarious to watch. Dreadful stuff from both sides for most of the game. Liverpool with the long ball, and Chelsea with no ball. Neither side can retain possession or put together more than three passes. The officials, as has been usual for the last several years, did everything they could for Liverpool - (I wonder why this happens) exemplified in the Reina incident.

Neither one should have any aspiration to beat the winners of the other semi - given an even field. Hoofers vs a technical European team or a European style one

nipplenuts wrote: »
    That was in equal measures painful and hilarious to watch. Dreadful stuff from both sides for most of the game. Liverpool with the long ball, and Chelsea with no ball. Neither side can retain possession or put together more than three passes. The officials, as has been usual for the last several years, did everything they could for Liverpool - (I wonder why this happens) exemplified in the Reina incident.

Neither one should have any aspiration to beat the winners of the other semi - given an even field. Hoofers vs a technical European team or a European style one
    i dunno - the reina incident was annoying, if any foul was commited it was on Terry and should have been a penalty. However, the amount of times Chelsea players went in with arms and elbows leading without getting properly punished for it was a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Chelsea

this post makes no sense.
    Are you serious that you think liverpool got the decisions last night?
    you are clearly fabricating nonsense if you are pushing that, we were denied a peno, the reina incident was a free kick out, remember when kuyt skinned either joe or ashley cole and got scissor kicked?
    remember the penalty that should of been?
    i reckon terry should of got at least 2 yellows for persistent fouling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

mayordenis wrote: »
    you are clearly fabricating nonsense if you are pushing that, we were denied a peno, the reina incident was a free kick out, remember when kuyt skinned either joe or ashley cole and got scissor kicked?
    Torres was getting lumps kicked out of him the whole night long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The officials, as has been usual for the last several years, did everything they could for Liverpool - (I wonder why this happens) exemplified in the Reina incident.
    Referee blows up when a player comes within 10 yards of a goalkeeper - STOP THE PRESSES.

You might want to watch some more football if you think that doesn't happen. In every game. Ever. For the past 10 years. At least.

This place needs an IQ test to authorise each and every post.

Tauren wrote: »
    i dunno - the reina incident was annoying, if any foul was commited it was on Terry and should have been a penalty. However, the amount of times Chelsea players went in with arms and elbows leading without getting properly punished for it was a disgrace.

The worst incident of leading with the elbow was Riise on Drogba though in fairness.

Overall Liverpool were the MUCH better team. They tried to play and Chelsea tried to defend. But Chelsea were trying to adopt the Man United tactic of playing at Anfield which is to sit back and let Liverpool play the football because that takes them out of their rhythm and gameplan and doesnt suit them as well to be the agressors. Cant knock long balls into Torres over a defence thats parked on the line. The Pool goal was a comedy of errors, Kuyts polars of excellence and rubbish followed by a great defensive header by Terry, followed by madness from Lampard, a mi**** by Masch, Babel offside going for the ball then stopping when he realised, a comical attempt at playing the ball from Makelele and finally a great finish by Kuyt. I laughed!!

Chelsea and Grant for me got it very wrong tactically. Malouda was rubbish and yet he stayed on while Cole who is the only player they had who looked like creating was taken off. Then Lampard was not at the races whatspever is left on and he goes 4-4-2 leaving Makelele on which is a huge mistake cos A) he cant create anythin and needs creative players around him and B) he was gonna get overrun by Gerrard, Alonso, etc. Then he lashes Anelka on with 5 mins to go in hope and jams a goal from a nothing incident. If Riise wasnt Ryan Giggs like in his insistence on never using his right foot that would have been a straightforward clearance. For me Chelsea needed to put on Mikel (was he on the bench?), Anelka and Kalou for Lampard, Makelele and Malouda.

Its set up nicely for Chelski now. Traditionally these games are low scoring affairs and Liverpool now have to come out and go for it which suits Chelsea much better. Plus Chelsea will have Essien back and Liverpool have a few players on yellows now as well.

mayordenis wrote: »

I agree with most of this especially the Cashley Cole scissor "tackle"....disgrace....but Carragher could have walked in the first half for his clumsy challenge on Drogba when he was the last man and the Reina incident was never a free out. Reina made a bad decision to go for the ball and tried to barge into Terry who stood his ground...never a free out but the ref took the soft option and protected the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

The worst incident of leading with the elbow was Riise on Drogba though in fairness.

Overall Liverpool were the MUCH better team. They tried to play and Chelsea tried to defend. But Chelsea were trying to adopt the Man United tactic of playing at Anfield which is to sit back and let Liverpool play the football because that takes them out of their rhythm and gameplan and doesnt suit them as well to be the agressors. Cant knock long balls into Torres over a defence thats parked on the line. The Pool goal was a comedy of errors, Kuyts polars of excellence and rubbish followed by a great defensive header by Terry, followed by madness from Lampard, a mi**** by Masch, Babel offside going for the ball then stopping when he realised, a comical attempt at playing the ball from Makelele and finally a great finish by Kuyt. I laughed!!

Chelsea and Grant for me got it very wrong tactically. Malouda was rubbish and yet he stayed on while Cole who is the only player they had who looked like creating was taken off. Then Lampard was not at the races whatspever is left on and he goes 4-4-2 leaving Makelele on which is a huge mistake cos A) he cant create anythin and needs creative players around him and B) he was gonna get overrun by Gerrard, Alonso, etc. Then he lashes Anelka on with 5 mins to go in hope and jams a goal from a nothing incident. If Riise wasnt Ryan Giggs like in his insistence on never using his right foot that would have been a straightforward clearance. For me Chelsea needed to put on Mikel (was he on the bench?), Anelka and Kalou for Lampard, Makelele and Malouda.

Its set up nicely for Chelski now. Traditionally these games are low scoring affairs and Liverpool now have to come out and go for it which suits Chelsea much better. Plus Chelsea will have Essien back and Liverpool have a few players on yellows now as well.

Liverpool didnt get anyone booked last night??

Big ask to get a scoring result for anyone at Stamford Bridge and i don't see it happening.

Are you joking with the Riise - Drogba eblow leading??? I though the worst incident was Terry having a sneaky kick at Torres on the ground..

• Advertisement

I agree with most of this especially the Cashley Cole scissor "tackle"....disgrace....but Carragher could have walked in the first half for his clumsy challenge on Drogba when he was the last man and the Reina incident was never a free out. Reina made a bad decision to go for the ball and tried to barge into Terry who stood his ground...never a free out but the ref took the soft option and protected the keeper.

Yea it was a super soft free but then there is an unwritten rule that keepers get frees for nothing and players are allowed pull jerseys at setpieces!!!!

BTW, it was a bad refereeing decision but the ball didnt even go in so whats the arguement??

WTF are you talking about re: Carragher deserving to be sent off? Are you having a laugh or just a troll???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Everybody sing it now:
    Jaaannn Arne Riise oh ah
    I wanna know how did ya head that goal.

As a United fan I used to hate that song prefer the '08 remix myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

ibh wrote: »
    Are you joking with the Riise - Drogba eblow leading??? I though the worst incident was Terry having a sneaky kick at Torres on the ground..

+1
    he was having a dig all night.

Liverpool didnt get anyone booked last night??

Big ask to get a scoring result for anyone at Stamford Bridge and i don't see it happening.

Im sorry but that sneaky kick was a nothing incident. top of the boot dragged over him, barely any force behind it. No malice in it for me. And I cant stand Terry.

Liverpool still have Gerrard on a yellow though dont they? Thats what I meant. Pressures on to go for it and up the intensity and its harder to do with that hanging over. On a 1-0 lead thats easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

...I though the worst incident was Terry having a sneaky kick at Torres on the ground..

+1

• Advertisement

Yea it was a super soft free but then there is an unwritten rule that keepers get frees for nothing and players are allowed pull jerseys at setpieces!!!!

BTW, it was a bad refereeing decision but the ball didnt even go in so whats the arguement??

WTF are you talking about re: Carragher deserving to be sent off? Are you having a laugh or just a troll???

Exactly it was super soft but the guy I quoted claimed it was a definite free out, which it wasnt. It led to nothing anyway but thats not the point. Point is soft option was given and it relieved pressure. Bad decision in Liverpools favour.

Drogba was through, got his body in front of Carraghers, and Carragher lunged in and got to within maybe a foot of the ball. It was outside the box nut Chelsea claimed peno. Now it was a free kick but with Carragher as the last man it COULD have been a sending off. Some refs would have gone with that, look at Lehmanns red in the Final in 06, no more than a yellow for me but continental refs give these things. Dont call me a bloody troll, take off the blinkers, it was a legitimate incident to bring up .... YOU'RE a troll if u think it wasnt a talking point and you're also a troll for resorting to calling em one for calling it as i see it. I had no preference last night, didnt care who won so theres no bias. I dislike both in equal measures. He got none of the ball. Wes Brown got closer to the ball against Roma and was penalised with a penalty, in this case it would have been a free but Carragher was last man and Drogba would have been in....strong case for a red card from a lot of refs. It all comes down to whether the ref deems it a foul, in this case...decision went Liverpools way. certainly looked a clear foul both at the time and in all replays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Chelsea players were getting stuck right in to Torres all night. Just little kicks when the ball was gone. It wasn't right but that's football. The less skilled players are just going to let him know that there behind him. The two incidents from last night a remember was the blatant elbow into his back by Carvalho after Torres won the header and the kick by Terry as well.
    However that's football, and the same thing will probably happen to Ronaldo all day Saturday.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Chelsea players were getting stuck right in to Torres all night. Just little kicks when the ball was gone. It wasn't right but that's football. The less skilled players are just going to let him know that there behind him. The two incidents from last night a remember was the blatant elbow into his back by Carvalho after Torres won the header and the kick by Terry as well.
    However that's football, and the same thing will probably happen to Ronaldo all day Saturday.

They were but so were the Liverpool players on Drogba...part and parcel of being a centre forward/target man.

The elbow by Carvalho was disgraceful, the "kick" by Terry was innocuous and nothing for me. He dragged the top of his foot over as he jumped over, no studs and no force.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

It's advantage Chelsea. SB is a hard place to go at the best of times. Liverpool need to score at least once so they'll have to attack leaving gaps at the back. Hope Rafa has something up his sleeve....I want a United V Liverpool final!

Only positive for Liverpool have is the fact that they can play a weakened team at the weekend. Will Grant throw away the PL to have a better crack at the CL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

SantryRed wrote: »

Torres was very lucky that Makele got out of his way in the incident leading up to Terry having a sly kick at him. If he hadn't Torres could have been in big trouble as he seemed to go for Makele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Im sorry but that sneaky kick was a nothing incident. top of the boot dragged over him, barely any force behind it. No malice in it for me. And I cant stand Terry.

Liverpool still have Gerrard on a yellow though dont they? Thats what I meant. Pressures on to go for it and up the intensity and its harder to do with that hanging over. On a 1-0 lead thats easier.

There was no need for Terry to go near Torres so there was malice in it

There was no need for Terry to go near Torres so there was malice in it

IIRC he was jumping to get out of his way, there was no stamp, his foot lightly dragged over him. If the studs had of dragged over then fine, its a definite case of foul play but likewise there was no need for Torres to roll around as if he'd just been shot.

Boggles wrote: »

As for Gerrard, I watched very carefully and couldn't make out whether is was diving or not, in fact I couldn't make out whether he was playing or not, 2nd European match in a row he has been anonymous!

Did anyone mention the blatant shove Cashley gave Dirk in the box?, blantant penalty, the officials had a mare.

It was a painful enough match to watch, the Liverpool goal could have been accompanied by some Benny Hill music, while the Chelsea goal didn't need any sound effects as the noise of 45,000 guts been ripped apart was apt.

Liverpool on Peno's in the 2nd leg for me.

Or the Hand ball by Ballack?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

there was no need for Torres to roll around as if he'd just been shot.
    What are you suggesting? Torres is always the victim; he's the model pro.

IIRC he was jumping to get out of his way, there was no stamp, his foot lightly dragged over him. If the studs had of dragged over then fine, its a definite case of foul play but likewise there was no need for Torres to roll around as if he'd just been shot.

Jumping to get out of the way after running towards Torres who was already on the ground and the ball was played away, and if you had of looked at it you would have seen him stick his knee into Torres.

• Advertisement

Exactly it was super soft but the guy I quoted claimed it was a definite free out, which it wasnt. It led to nothing anyway but thats not the point. Point is soft option was given and it relieved pressure. Bad decision in Liverpools favour.

Drogba was through, got his body in front of Carraghers, and Carragher lunged in and got to within maybe a foot of the ball. It was outside the box nut Chelsea claimed peno. Now it was a free kick but with Carragher as the last man it COULD have been a sending off. Some refs would have gone with that, look at Lehmanns red in the Final in 06, no more than a yellow for me but continental refs give these things. Dont call me a bloody troll, take off the blinkers, it was a legitimate incident to bring up .... YOU'RE a troll if u think it wasnt a talking point and you're also a troll for resorting to calling em one for calling it as i see it. I had no preference last night, didnt care who won so theres no bias. I dislike both in equal measures. He got none of the ball. Wes Brown got closer to the ball against Roma and was penalised with a penalty, in this case it would have been a free but Carragher was last man and Drogba would have been in....strong case for a red card from a lot of refs. It all comes down to whether the ref deems it a foul, in this case...decision went Liverpools way. certainly looked a clear foul both at the time and in all replays.

Look man, I watched the game with a Chelsea fan and he even admitted after the replay that Carra di absolutely nothing wrong. Drogba couldn't get to the ball through Carragher and he just went down instead. I think the lack of conversation about it a half time in analysis pretty much backs up that it was a nothing incident.
    Have a look at it again, seriously and see if you think it was a foul cause i don't think you will. It wasn't even a yellow or red question, it was not a foul. Have a look at it and imagine a free being given against your team for it.

They reason i asked if you were trolling was because as i have argued above, i don't think there was any issue with the Carra incident. I don't think any Pool fans were thinking, fcuk, we got away with that. I don't think Chelsea fans felt robbed by it. Then when a ManU fan comes on and suggests it should have been a red, I think troll.

And i think you suggested in a later post that Terrys dig at Torres was nothing. Why did he leave his foot in? Cause he was having a go at him. He could easily have avoided Torres. I just think it shows the type of guy Terry is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Chelsea
    torres can play act now and then, but not a whole lot and what terry did yesterday was the usual terry bull****. it was on purpose no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Dunno why but when Ray (I think) announced there was only 10 seconds left, I was immediately struck with the feeling "****, theyre gonna get one, theyre gonna score".

Well, it wasnt them who scored exactly. Which makes it even worse. Why did he use his head when a kick would have been sufficient?

Hmm. A single goal to make it 1-0 in London takes pool through. Of course the historical downside is that its been a while since that happened. The last time Chelsea were beaten at home the match was abandoned because of a luftwaffe raid.

Can they score in London?

Gerrard was ok last night, but not overwhelming.

Babel was great although some of his passing was iffy.

Torres- great at home, average on the road.

tbh it is really hard to see them pulling this one off.

Look man, I watched the game with a Chelsea fan and he even admitted after the replay that Carra di absolutely nothing wrong. Drogba couldn't get to the ball through Carragher and he just went down instead. I think the lack of conversation about it a half time in analysis pretty much backs up that it was a nothing incident.
    Have a look at it again, seriously and see if you think it was a foul cause i don't think you will. It wasn't even a yellow or red question, it was not a foul. Have a look at it and imagine a free being given against your team for it.

They reason i asked if you were trolling was because as i have argued above, i don't think there was any issue with the Carra incident. I don't think any Pool fans were thinking, fcuk, we got away with that. I don't think Chelsea fans felt robbed by it. Then when a ManU fan comes on and suggests it should have been a red, I think troll.

And i think you suggested in a later post that Terrys dig at Torres was nothing. Why did he leave his foot in? Cause he was having a go at him. He could easily have avoided Torres. I just think it shows the type of guy Terry is.

I have no love for John Terry at all. I could say what I think of him but its against the rules. But I dont think he hurt Torres, at all, I think Torres made an absolute meal of it looking to get Terry booked, perhaps within reason for all of the other fouls on him by Terry but for me that particular incident was nothing. There was no discussion about that incident afterwards either. Works both ways.

I felt at the time that since Carragher got none of the ball and went to ground, from behind, that it was a foul Drogba went to ground after the tangle of legs. He was through otherwise. Not malicious, just clumsy hence why I dont think it was a card, but i think it was a free. If it wasnt Id say it wasnt. Like I said, Id no bias either way, Im indifferent who wins this one so wasnt supporting either team, just watching a match. And again, I wasnt saying it was a red card, for me it was a free, but European refs are funny, and with a different ref it could have been a free kick and then the question is asked about, by the letter of the law, is it a red. For me it wasnt a red but thats not what im saying, Im saying it went with u in that the ref wasnt a fussy continental ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    Strange how no one is mentioning the definate penalty Liverpool didnt get, or the fact that the goal kick that Chelsea got their goal from was actually a corner.

But sure Liverpool have all the luck in Europe, dont they?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Strange how no one is mentioning the definate penalty Liverpool didnt get, or the fact that the goal kick that Chelsea got their goal from was actually a corner.

I htink you'll find people having been saying it is great to see Liverpool's luck run out.

If no one is mentioning the other stuff then that includes Liverpool fans, so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

What are you suggesting? Torres is always the victim; he's the model pro.
    Lemons, everywhere.

Nobody's said he's a "model pro". However for someone whose just come from playing in a league where defenders are legally required to give strikers 4 acres of space, to the PL - with thugs making up about 67% of the players association; having the legs kicked off him every week - would you not conceed that he's been remarkably tight-lipped about it? And that he has, on the whole, got on with his job without whining too much, or disappearing from games for fear of another kick?

I have to say, for me, that has been the most impressive thing about Torres this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

AAaaaahhhhh....poor Alan, do you need a hug :) Chelsea should have had a pen in the first half when Carragher brought Drogba down so that's one pen each. And if you look carefully, the ball actually came back off Kuyt's shin for THAT goal kick. But let's not let fact get in the way of sour grapes. I don't think they actually scored directly from the goal kick either did they so liverpool only have themselves to blame for not defending properly.

John Arne Riise....ooh aah....i wanna knooooww if you'll score a goal :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Chelsea

well it does have to run out sometime

• Advertisement

Nope. I agree. Liverpool were unlucky last night.

I was just using a few examples to show that there were some questionable calls both ways cos some people in here were implying it was one way traffic. Chelsea had the lions share of the luck though. They didnt deserve to be in the tie with 10 mins to go.

Advertisement