Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been in the Brog recently?

Options
  • 20-04-2008 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭

Hadn't been there in a while, ended up there on Saturday and couldn't help noticing that the very very very skinny red-haired one behind the bar has actually managed to get skinnier. I hope she's not sick or something, I won't be able to play my game anymore if she quits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dare I ask what your 'game' is??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm glad you asked that question! Well, apparently (I don't remember this at all but w/e) one time when I was quite drunk I kept calling her by...rather suggestive petnames (candypants, sugart*ts, I would've got a smack if I was a lad) whenever she served me or walked past the table, and since then she's totally ignored me anytime I go to the bar, so all the game involves is trying to get her to take my order...I need a hobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

How very peculiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

I'm glad you asked that question! Well, apparently (I don't remember this at all but w/e) one time when I was quite drunk I kept calling her by...rather suggestive petnames (candypants, sugart*ts, I would've got a smack if I was a lad) whenever she served me or walked past the table, and since then she's totally ignored me anytime I go to the bar, so all the game involves is trying to get her to take my order...I need a hobby

And yet you wonder why bouncers won't leave you in?

Oddly enough never have any bother in the Brog, bouncer recognised me the last night, said "Shur I know you, you won't be needing this anymore" and pretended to throw my passport away, in my mildly intoxicated state my brain failed to get the "pretended" part of the sentence and I ran after my passport, came back ten seconds later feeling rather sheepish and he just laughed and waved me in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I didn't get IDd in the Brog last night. There's a first time for everything I spose.

Your one is very thin alright.

MLM wrote: »

Also I very much doubt I actually did that, I just remarked one night on the fact that I'd been at the bar trying to get service for about six years because yer one kept completely ignoring me, til eventually the beardy fella took pity, and my friend went "well, I'm not suprised considering the hassle you were giving her the last night" and told me the candypants story. I really can't see myself doing it as I work as a waitress and am fully aware of how unamusing that kind of crap from customers can be. However, I can't remember that night too well for some reason, so my friend insists I take her word for it. And feckit, I got a fun game out of it

rain on wrote: »
    I didn't get IDd in the Brog last night. There's a first time for everything I spose.

Your one is very thin alright.

Woohoo go you! And yeah she looks like a zip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I got a fun game out of it

Not that much fun really......

Not that much fun really......

Ya you wouldn't think so! But it actually is! I love it when they play hard to get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

when I was quite drunk I kept calling her by...rather suggestive petnames (candypants, sugart*ts, I would've got a smack if I was a lad) whenever she served me or walked past the table, and since then she's totally ignored me anytime I go to the bar
    Can you blame her? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

lol +1

She's quite funny sometimes :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Doesn't she work in Tattoo Zoo during the day? Maybe she doesn't have time for food.

Last time I was in the Brog a bouncer approached me at 9pm to ask for ID, while telling my friends that they were OK. My college ID fell out of my wallet when I opened it to get my garda ID and he said 'Nah, college ID won't do, love.' I'm 21 and kind of embarrassed that I'm thrilled I can supposedly pass for 17...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

One of my friends finds her quite attractive

Each to his own I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Brog = ****hole.

Pints = ****

Women = not classy.

Still frequent there though occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

MLM wrote: »

Jaysus... you sound like i wouldn't touch you with a buddys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ah, the brog, bar staff are cocks, the pints are sh*te, mick who does the quiz is an idiot, but for some reason I still go there.... Says a lot about Cork really

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Brog = ****hole.

Pints = ****

Women = not classy.

Still frequent there though occasionally.

Women were never classy. I was actually surprised when I was in there one night, I went to the bathroom and there were girls that I thought would be typical Reardens/Hevana "classy" types inside there complaining of how their hair looked. I never thought they'd be caught inside the Brog.

Regarding the bouncers, during college years, the one from Mayo ALWAYS asked me for ID and each time he'd look at my passport and comment to the other bouncer "AHAHAHAHHH, that's her name! THAT is actually her name!!". Considering I acknowledge have an amusing name on my passport (parents are Chinese so I've Chinese and Irish name on it), it was entertaining for the first 5 times but after that it got annoying. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, now I'm living in Dublin I do miss the brog and try to drag my friends in everytime I'm home. I have yet to find a place that beats the odour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The thing about Girls in the bathroom is nothing compared to freakscene nights. I am a lad in a lads bathroom and 4 girls walk in all stealthy (I know them) and proceed into the male cubicles because there is a line in the Girls Jacks.

And It is a regular occurance. at least 2 of the girls are bi so I suppose its OK.

Gauge wrote: »
    Doesn't she work in Tattoo Zoo during the day? Maybe she doesn't have time for food.

Last time I was in the Brog a bouncer approached me at 9pm to ask for ID, while telling my friends that they were OK. My college ID fell out of my wallet when I opened it to get my garda ID and he said 'Nah, college ID won't do, love.' I'm 21 and kind of embarrassed that I'm thrilled I can supposedly pass for 17...

You'll be glad of this when you're 40! College ID has always done for me there, he mustn't have liked the look of you

• Advertisement

Aspiration wrote: »
    Women were never classy. I was actually surprised when I was in there one night, I went to the bathroom and there were girls that I thought would be typical Reardens/Hevana "classy" types inside there complaining of how their hair looked. I never thought they'd be caught inside the Brog.

Regarding the bouncers, during college years, the one from Mayo ALWAYS asked me for ID and each time he'd look at my passport and comment to the other bouncer "AHAHAHAHHH, that's her name! THAT is actually her name!!". Considering I acknowledge have an amusing name on my passport (parents are Chinese so I've Chinese and Irish name on it), it was entertaining for the first 5 times but after that it got annoying. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, now I'm living in Dublin I do miss the brog and try to drag my friends in everytime I'm home. I have yet to find a place that beats the odour.

Have you ever smelt it during the day?

What like commerce-type girls? Weird, thought they'd burst into flames on contact with the place.

I've a male middle name, they've taked the piss out of me once or twice over that too

No, if I was sure it was true then I'd actually apologise!

BanzaiBk wrote: »

She's quite funny sometimes :p

Never heard her speak, she doesn't look like she'd be funny...might go there tonight actually

craichoe wrote: »
    Jaysus... you sound like i wouldn't touch you with a buddys

Lol. Also, face, bovvered?

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Ah, the brog, bar staff are cocks, the pints are sh*te, mick who does the quiz is an idiot, but for some reason I still go there.... Says a lot about Cork really

I think half the people are only there out of nostalgia, and the rest because there's never a queue. I hate Mick

The thing about Girls in the bathroom is nothing compared to freakscene nights. I am a lad in a lads bathroom and 4 girls walk in all stealthy (I know them) and proceed into the male cubicles because there is a line in the Girls Jacks.

And It is a regular occurance. at least 2 of the girls are bi so I suppose its OK.

Shur we've all done that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

those girls were on their way to gorbys is my only answer. the guy from mayo is called anto he likes me since i gave him medical advice on his throat one year. they still ask my poor friend though for her id because she looks like harry potter in it. they all get a good laugh. the pints are awful the crowd are awful(most nights) though its a place you can get away with the most drunken antics i find. the red haired one is spanish and yes she does work in tattoo zoo she pierced my ears once kept showing them to her for a few months while they were fresh got a few free vodkas out of it. she is uber skinny my god.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I don't think it's just Freakscene. I've seen many girls go into the guys bathroom before. I love the way they go in groups. I'd love to know if a girl has enough balls to go into the guys bathroom on her own. What irritates me most is overhearing girls say to their friends "ahahahhh, WE just went into the GUYS toilet! O...M...G...!!" :mad: STFU!!
    Have you ever smelt it during the day?

What like commerce-type girls? Weird, thought they'd burst into flames on contact with the place.

I've a male middle name, they've taked the piss out of me once or twice over that too

Lol it has an acquired smell... but that's what i miss most. Mmmm... :p

Yeah, i suppose you could say "commerce-type" girls but i don't like pointing the finger at just that type. Just scrubber types!! I was quite intrigued actually. I'm not used to image-conscious people in the brog like.
    chuci wrote: »
    those girls were on their way to gorbys is my only answer. the guy from mayo is called anto he likes me since i gave him medical advice on his throat one year. they still ask my poor friend though for her id because she looks like harry potter in it. they all get a good laugh. the pints are awful the crowd are awful(most nights) though its a place you can get away with the most drunken antics i find. the red haired one is spanish and yes she does work in tattoo zoo she pierced my ears once kept showing them to her for a few months while they were fresh got a few free vodkas out of it. she is uber skinny my god.

Damnit, i've never been to Gorby's since it opened but I thought it was like Dirty? Either way, 4 years ago a scrubber would never be caught dead in the Brog. I liked the way it was back then. If I wanted to go somewhere dressed up to the nines I'd go somewhere else which is why I don't because I don't have the patience to get done up.

Regarding the bouncer, he seems sound out - have a bit of craic with him and I've never had any hassle with him besides the fact he asks for ID just for the laughing factor.

And the Spanish girl is sound. Whenever she sees me she always serves me straight away! I love her!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

dirty finished years ago pity because it was the most decent place to go on a thurs night during college yr. the only "alternative" night club that played good music none of the main stream "alternative" crap that freak scene have started to play.bring back dirty.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's just Freakscene. I've seen many girls go into the guys bathroom before. I love the way they go in groups. I'd love to know if a girl has enough balls to go into the guys bathroom on her own. What irritates me most is overhearing girls say to their friends "ahahahhh, WE just went into the GUYS toilet! O...M...G...!!" :mad: STFU!!

I've gone into the lads jacks on my own loadsa times :cool: I did get peed at once though :(

Advertisement