Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 + Vista64 + patch 1.41 = ?

Options
  • 20-04-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

BF2 running fine but new patch wont install, it starts and then just stops no errors.

Vista running 2142 perfect and all my games, I think its a bit faster.

Any idea's changed to run as xp and admin and tried most other things.

And before I get 'Running vista ye must be mad!' Can I point out xp wont be available from june and rumors have it that it will die 09! So I thought I'd take the leap now.

Specs Duo,4GB,8800gtx,raptor and running games on a 4GB SDD drive that just blows load times out of water.:D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Should work fine.

As ever have you tried reinstalling the patch?

Have you tried deleting thr BF2 folder in my docs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Start > Control Panel > User Account > Turn off the User Account Control.

Then try to install the patch. UAC has a habit of stopping things.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 newrossman

Hi,

Downloaded yet another patch took 4ever, but this time the patch worked!

Thanks for responses :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Funny I got this problem also. In the end I went back to my older PC running xp for bf2 and use my vista machine for every thing else.

I had the game installed and working but for some reason som of my expansions were not fully working so I went to reinstall the game.
    WHen the patch was alsost done i got a message patch failed.
    The same patch file I had used when I had first installed.

I think took that patch of my other PC thinking that vista had corupted the file and same thing. So now I just play it on my older PC.
    I might just try download it one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Had the same, had to download it again and it worked, the patch file i had was ancient.

• Advertisement
Advertisement