Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office manager

Options
  • 20-04-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i have been in my job six years and feel i have done quite a lot for the company.The manager is all sweet to my face but have found out from a workmate that he is very 2 faced and when sending updates to the company director he slates people he see's as a threat to his position.He feels that the companys success in th last few years is all down to him which is not true.
    This has made me question my position as i dont want to be undermined by him and put down in mails to company directors.
    BTW i dont mind being criticized but would like a level playing field as this guys girlfriend works for the company as well and is a total waste of space but she is never mentioned in mails to management which makes my blood boil...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

i have found out from a workmate that he is very 2 faced and when sending updates to the company director he slates people he see's as a threat to his position

How does your work mate know this? Is it possible you work mate is trying to stir ****?

Also, in your annual reviews, how does your manager rate you? If he has consistently given you good reviews, I would dismiss what your work mate is saying and continue as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no the work mate seen the mail and actually printed it to show me.

OK.

What about your annual reviews - are they good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

reviews are excellent and got a pay rise no problem but its the fact that he is trying to make me look bad that is annoying me

If you aren't supposed to have seen the e-mail, don't say anything to him, as it will damage your relationship.

The things he said in the e-mail, make an effort so no one else could ever say them about you again.

I can understand how this is annoying and upsetting you, but I think - considering your reviews are excellent - it would be safest to play it cool for now.

Alternatively you could ask him (by e-mail, and get his response by e-mail) if there is anything he thinks you could improve on (or something along those lines.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement