Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car should I buy ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Have a look at honda civic's.....very very reliable cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 somebody82

Civic's are truly great cars but I wouldnt get them so cheap. Would have to get 98-99r. I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I'm trying to get rid of my sister's Civic for her. It's a '99 1.5 ILS VTEC. This means it's an economy-centric engine and not a performance car like most VTEC Civics and therefore cheap insurance. Good to go though! It's a nice straight three door motor with no modifications except alloys and sound system. Lot of extras like electric sunroof, mirrors, windows, ABS, twin airbags etc. Any mechanic's inspections welcome. Trying for quick sale as got burnt with a bouncy check already. PM me if interested. Price COULD be right for you;)

coolbeans wrote: »
    I'm trying to get rid of my sister's Civic for her. It's a '99 1.5 ILS VTEC. This means it's an economy-centric engine and not a performance car like most VTEC Civics and therefore cheap insurance. Good to go though! It's a nice straight three door motor with no modifications except alloys and sound system. Lot of extras like electric sunroof, mirrors, windows, ABS, twin airbags etc. Any mechanic's inspections welcome. Trying for quick sale as got burnt with a bouncy check already. PM me if interested. Price COULD be right for you;)

What kind of money you looking for the car ? Does it have service history ?

Could you PM me with all the details like milege, NCT, road tax, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd go with the 323 1.5 GLX.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd go with the 323 1.5 GLX.

What do you think about the price he wants for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

make sure cambelt was changed, and aim for near to €3250-3500, car looks good, and the 1.5 is much nicer than the 1.3 323 or the Lancer.

also make sure the 323 actually has A/C, all 323's came with the same heater panel with A/C written on them, models without aircon just had a removable plastic tab over the writing :eek:

colm_mcm wrote: »
    make sure cambelt was changed, and aim for near to €3250-3500, car looks good, and the 1.5 is much nicer than the 1.3 323 or the Lancer.

also make sure the 323 actually has A/C, all 323's came with the same heater panel with A/C written on them, models without aircon just had a removable plastic tab over the writing :eek:

Was thinking about timing belt as well. It doesnt say anything about it in ad description so it might never been changed. Anyway, I might have a look at the car tomorrow so I'll find out and thanks for the A/C tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd second the Mazda, it has a very nice spec.

Regarding the price, it does seem to be priced ok compared to others on carzone but cazone prices can be all over the place. If you have no trade-in then you should be able to haggle on the price. It's a buyer's market out there so I'd be aiming to buy that car for around €3,600 and use the timing belt (if not already changed) as a haggling point.

Advertisement